View Poll Results: Which is the worst mobile phone service in America?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T

19 7.85%
  • Cingular

45 18.60%
  • Nextel

19 7.85%
  • Sprint PCS

113 46.69%
  • T-Mobile

20 8.26%
  • Verizon

12 4.96%
  • None of the above/some other company

14 5.79%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Which is the WORST mobile phone service in America?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Why does everyone keep saying Sprint's plans are not competitive? I agree their lower end plans might not be as great as some others but their higher end plans are absolutely fantastic. I pay $95/month and get nation wide coverage with two phones sharing 2000 anytime, unlimited NW, unlimted spc-to-pcs, unlimted DATA at speeds that blow the living day lights out of gprs! The coverage where I live in C Fl is great and I've had very little problems. There is nothing out there...NOTHING, that can give me that many minutes and unlimted data at that price period!

Device(s)
    moto v360
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    you know what? i ve been with t-mobile 4 about 9 months now with my company phone ,theve been nothing but crap the whole time . every body in my company hates their service,but the penny pinchin big wigs tried to save a buck over nextel and their bs service also .both carriers suck and we are in 1 of the largest markets in california ,from the bay area to san diego ,arizona co, and othe nw. i get nothin but dropped calls w/t-mo and nexcrap wasnt any better ,but direct cnnect was marginal.i have to use my personnel sprint phone service ,if i want to get any serious calls thru,always have great signal with them. avery carrier has their good points and bad obviousley ,but im still looking 4 t-mo's good.

Device(s)
    moto v360
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    you know what? i ve been with t-mobile 4 about 9 months now with my company phone ,theve been nothing but crap the whole time . every body in my company hates their service,but the penny pinchin big wigs tried to save a buck over nextel and their bs service also .both carriers suck and we are in 1 of the largest markets in california ,from the bay area to san diego ,arizona co, and othe nw. i get nothin but dropped calls w/t-mo and nexcrap wasnt any better ,but direct cnnect was marginal.i have to use my personnel sprint phone service ,if i want to get any serious calls thru,always have great signal with them. avery carrier has their good points and bad obviousley ,but im still looking 4 t-mo's good. "sorry about my grammer".

Device(s)
    i-mate SP5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had MCI Wireless, with a triband Nokia 6185i. I thought they used Verizon's network (at least in New York City), every time I dialed a wrong number or something happened I always heard James Earl Jones' "Welcome to Verizon". However, the CS was the worst, ever. They wouldn't mail a bill for months at a time and then send out these horribly large bills for irregular and sometimes duplicate billing dates with late fees to boot. I remember waiting on hold for hours trying to get it straightened out. CS often couldnt even access the accounts, saying the reason for the messed up billing was a move to a new billing system. Id like to hear other horror stories about them.

Oh, back on topic, my friends with Sprint PCS are constantly borrowing my phone, and Im talking about big areas like Broadway in Manhattan, not exactly nimby's.

Device(s)
    Nokia 7210b
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Cricket... annoying they are... they have the most horrible service known to man.. and you should see the long line to there stores.. all for complaining.. and around 3:00pm you be lucky to get a call though.. they are annoying.. and there comerical about the crickets taking over.. grrrr....
    RULE TS-Cellular RULE! You are truely GOD!

Device(s)
    Hitachi P300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I suppose it must the be area. Around here Sprint coverage is excellent, and they have by far the best choice of phones, and the best high-end plans. Thus, they are the top of the market, while the worst service comes from Boomarang. Cricket and Cellular One also have their problems. ATT sells service, but has very little coverage. The best coverage is from Alltel.

Carl

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by chris1
    Sprint PCS ---> Sprint PieCe of Sh!t
    aka Sprint POS

Device(s)
    Motorola V60i
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Really it depends on where you live, where I live in Rural, NC, Nextel is the worst service but yet everyone has it... but since Verizon PTT has come out, mostly everyone has gotten that. Sprint PCS has the best service around here, then Verizon. Verizon is the most popular though. GSM does not work very well so everyone likes CDMA... but most Farmers don't like CDMA b/c they are afraid that there antenna will break off so Farmers get GSM (Mostly Cingular). But LG has came out with CDMA phones w/internal antenna so that will be soon to change...

Device(s)
    Moto V 220
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I hate Cricket .. Just my .02 though
    The only difference between a rut and a grave is the size of the hole

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by delerium
    Worst wireless service of all time for me (and many others):

MCI Worldcom

Here's why:
    - They used Sprint's towers for their network.
    - They were digital only (i believe as i had a single band LG phone) and Sprint's PCS network wasn't really established at the time
    - Major billing problems and tracking

It got so bad they went under a few months after I cancelled my contract.

If you had a positive experience with them... please post as I'd like to hear them.
    Your wrong though. MCI Worldcom used VZW as VZW sold them blocks of their numbers to MCI. What that means is that MCI is responsible for everything else... equipment, billing, customer service. MCI just paid a bunch to VZW to use their network.

Believe me... it's clearly listed in Infomanager that MCI bought VZW numbers. They used VZW's network but that's it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4