Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The All-Things China Mobile thread...

Device(s)
    Moto V501
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yangj08
    Also, about the YiDa plan, it also mentions a 1.5RMB/day fee, and I have no clue if that's the 50RMB/month fee (it doesn't add up anyway, 1.5RMB/day is about 45RMB/month) or if that's an additional fee. I am not 100% fluent in chinese, despite having Chinese parents, so I may be wrong about that 1.5RMB/day being a fee.
    Yes it is. extra funds will be deducted the first day every month.

Device(s)
    Moto V501
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jia_zhuang
    does anyone know where i can get my v3 system software changed to enable chinese menu? i live in london btw. thanks
    do it yourself...but please be aware of the risk, read as much as you can and backup before doing anything to your phone

http://motobbs.imobile.com.cn/viewth...=33931&fpage=1
    http://motobbs.imobile.com.cn/forumd...id=1027&page=1
    http://moto.e800.com.cn/
    http://www.e968.net

Feedback Score

Exclamation Text Messaging Help from US to GZ

hi everyone! I'm new to this forum,but I desperately need your advice.

I'm in GZ right now and I can send text messages to people in the US, but they cannot send text messages to me. I have a GZ card, american cell phone. they've tried

86139XXXXXX
    0118620139XXX
    011+8620139XXX
    01186139XXX
    8620139XXX

Any more suggestions?why isn't this working?

Device(s)
    Motorola L6
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone Germany
    Feedback Score
    Can't really help, but had the same problem sending SMS to China from Germany. A few months ago it worked both ways, but now the SMS center replies with an error message "Message not sent".

Perhaps they are being blocked, or billing problems with China to let in foreign SMS.

Feedback Score
    I remember your posts in the thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=677835 about your problems sending SMS from Germany to China via Vodafone.

Do you still have these problems with Vodafone? It's still not possible to send SMS to China via T-Mobile Germany, as I was told by the T-Mobile support team.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilniteanngel
    hi everyone! I'm new to this forum,but I desperately need your advice.

I'm in GZ right now and I can send text messages to people in the US, but they cannot send text messages to me. I have a GZ card, american cell phone. they've tried

86139XXXXXX
    0118620139XXX
    011+8620139XXX
    01186139XXX
    8620139XXX

Any more suggestions?why isn't this working?
    Have you tried 0086 139 XXXX XXXX ? 0086 = country code for China, 139 = China Mobile network code, XXXX XXXX = phone number

Is it possible to receive international SMS with your GZ card? If in doubt please contact their support to make sure.

The problem can also be with the mobile companies in the USA. Since May 2005 it's not possible to send SMS to China Mobile phone numbers via T-Mobile Germany, there might be similar problems with other mobile companies, too.

Andy

Feedback Score

Need Chinese Menu

does anyone know where i can get my v3 system software changed to enable chinese menu? i live in Shanghai. thanks

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a question to ask here. I was looking at roaming options from China Mobile to places I am going to, and it strikes me as odd that while SK Telecom has WCDMA voice and text roaming, it does not have data services open, while in Japan, at least Vodafone and DoCoMo have data roaming at the extortionate rate of ¥136/MB (in Chinese yuan, not Japanese yen). Also, they list Nextel as a roaming option in the US, which strikes me as even more strange since China does not use iDen. Can someone explain why Nextel is a roaming option if iDen is incompatible with GSM, and GSM SIMs won't work in an iDen phone?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry BOLD & 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai V3
    does anyone know where i can get my v3 system software changed to enable chinese menu? i live in Shanghai. thanks
    man, many local repair shops there can do it. find some friends who can speak chinese to go with you or you will get ripped off. it shouldn't be more than 100rmb.
    Sunny

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score

GPRS on Shen Zhou Xing SIM?

Is there a way to activate GPRS on my existing SZX SIM card? I've had this SIM for nearly 3 years, it's a Shenzhen number. I don't really want to change numbers if possible, but I do need to have GPRS to access my regular email as needed.

Is this possible? My Chinese language ability is limited.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230i
    Carrier(s)
    China Mobile,
    Feedback Score

Please help about China Mobile monthly plans

Hello guys, I have a question and I hope you can help...
    I'm a foreigner, just moved to Guangzhou from Hong Kong, and I'm using China Mobile prepaid card. I'm not making so much calls, but I'm receiving a lot, especially international, which costs me a lot, when I calculate whole month expenses...
    I heard that, if I subscribe with China Mobile on monthly fee basis with contract, I can receive all calls free of charge, is it true?
    If so, please advise how to do, and recommend which solution is best for me, I mean which plan to choose. I'm foreigner, living in China under 1y visa (no residence permit), so I don't know is it possible at all...
    All I need is to use my China Mobile number mostly in Guandgong (sometimes, rarely, outside GD), and don't want to pay for received calls, that's all in general. My friend told me that monthly fee is "around 15RMB", but CM shop told me it's "56RMB for Go-Tone" (i have no clue what Go-Tone is...), and other people told me that, even if I subscribe with CM, i'll still pay for received calls... I'm confused, please help, thanks in advance!

Feedback Score

Some things I found that help

I just wanted to post a brief note of some items that I have found that help me with communications while in China using my China Mobile service. First, I have an unlocked T-mobile V3, with the Cingular Monster pack loaded (seams to work better this way in China) and a language pack that includes English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. I am using a China Mobile subscription service that cost ¥49/month (this is a ¥10 service fee and upto ¥39 local credit for making calls). The good thing about this plan is it does allow for free incoming calls, no matter where from, up to a usage balance of ¥60 /month and then resonable cost beyond that. This service allows SMS and YES international SMS does work but don't bet on receiving SMS from all carriers outside of China. The service also allows GPRS data service but you must ask for it to be turned on. Now, if you want to make international calls, China Mobile is no help. They wanted a ¥1000 to ¥3000 deposit and this was still a problem as noone really knows how to set it up. My solution, with international text messaging (only ¥1.2 / message) and a prepaid accont with call2 (www.call2.com) you can make all your international calls for almost nothing (USA is $0.055 /min). The good news is this done as an incoming call to your registered cell phone number (remember I said the incoming calls were free). I used this setup when I was in China from August to October 2005 and am using it on my current visit (December to March). I have shared this information with everyone I know that has been looking for inexpensive international calling from China. By the way, my local region is the city of Gejiu in the Yunnan Province and the free incoming is only within my "local" region but so far, even when I travel, I cannot beat the pricing.

Feedback Score

Follow up

I just got off the phone with call2 about the international call back service. They have had no trouble receiving SMS from China Mobile to initiate international calls. As I said in the previous post some China Mobile accounts do allow for free incoming calls in your local call region (these calls can come from anywhere). To sign up for Call2 for international call back go to www.call2.com and use the reference code exs799. This may be a better alternative to having both the CHina Mobile and China Unicom service and since you can register as many numbers with them as you need it allows for use from any country that you may have a SIM for. I also use the same account for my wife's China Mobile phone allowing both of us to make international calls. You can also send an SMS and have the return call go to any number that is best for you at the time (land line for weak service areas). Again, I hope this information is helpful. It has worked great for me.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8130
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I currently have Cingular Wireless. I activated Unlimited International Data before I left US. Now I am in China, I found out that when my BlackBerry roam to China Unicom, I can make voice calls, but there is no data allowed, I then have to try to send an email, then the BlackBerry 7100g will connect (and stay connected) to China Mobile. It seems to me that China Mobile allows me do data while China Unicom won't.

Feedback Score
    The preferred carrier for Cingular in China is China Mobile. My Blackberry worked fine in Shanghai and registered on the data network with everything working. Once I flew down to Kunming, it would no longer sign onto the data network (data connection refused). When I called Cingular they tell me that there must not be GPRS data coverage but my China Mobile connects and allows me to browse on the GPRS data network. What region are you traveling in? I would like to get my Blackberry functioning again but have had no luck with Cingular support.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast