Thread: I found a CDMA signal on Cellular One

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I found a CDMA signal on Cellular One

Ok i was traveling to Atlanta today and on my way back I decided to go down US19/41 towards Griffin(Spaulding Co.), I just happened to bring my LG510 with me. As I entered Griffin I watched the LG fall off of Verizon SID 41 and search, well it found SPCS 4274 and go past it(of course), then before it locked onto Price SID 1139, it found a digital signal on SID 1015. I was a bit confused because I had never seen it before. When I got home and looked it up in the Cellular Roaming Guide, SID 1015 is registered to none other than Price Communications.! So there is CDMA on Cellular One, just not where I live!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I have an update. I just did some calling and searching and I was told that Macon will be fully Verizon starting on Friday. Columbus GA thinks theyll go on in January, but us poor Alabama people, which are either last on the list or poorly misinformed, still say that it will be as late as April or May 03' before anything happens.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just thought about something and if you look at the 50057 PRL the only Price SID thats up to Priority 1 with the other Verizon systems is the infamous SID1015 that I spoke about above. All the other SIDs of Cell 1 are still down in Priority 4. That may have been a clue as to what was being converted first all along. So probably whenever the next set of PRLs come out, maybe December?, that it may shed a clue as to which SID will be converted next by where in the priority list it is! Think about that.