Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low Battery Warning on the E815

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Low Battery Warning on the E815

I am very dissapointed with this problem.. I have the phone in Silent Mode because I might be in with customers or maybe I am in a Doctors office and I dont want the phone to make any noise. When the phone goes into Low battery state. It will make a very annoying chirp/beep every 2 minutes or so..

What I am amazed at is the software engineers did not catch this one ?

The freaking phone is in Silent and we want no sound to come out and yet it still chirps. This is what pisses me off about such a well thought out phone.

Any one know how to stop this ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theatermax
    Any one know how to stop this ?

Keep your battery charged just kidding. I also noticed this yesterday and I'd be interested in a solution. I haven't really looked in the Menu system for it, but I haven't noticed the setting anywhere either.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I don't like the sound of this (no pun intended)...

1. Are all 815 owners experiencing this low battery warning?
    2. Is this common with all Motorola phones or just the 815?
    3. Has anyone found a setting in the phone to fix this and/or is this addressed in the seem hack?
    4. Is this something a firmware update can correct?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto E815 (Bell Monster)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am with you one hundred percent. Even when the phone is not on silent mode I don't want to hear that horrible sound. I know when my battery is going dead, I don't need some annoying sound to alert me. To me there is nothing worse than a random high pitched chirp. Come to think of it, I cannot stand any low battery alert sound on any of the previous phones that I have had. If anyone can find a way to remove this sound it would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I know that you could disable it in the Vxxx series phones (via seem files), but I'm not sure if the seems are similar...anyone try this yet?

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Low Batt Sounds

Can you believe Moto Gets away with this for Corp. Users ??

Imagine how many people must be pissed at this feature/Bug..

I am amazed that Silent is not Silent..

Eeesh.. Samsung never does wierd stuff like this, but they are so far behind the Bluetooth bandwagon.. They are really pissing me off..

LG scares me with the lack of signal strength and Moto has weird bugs like this one..

If seems can fix all these issues then I guess that is okay but I would be happier if moto would fix them

Device(s)
    Samsung OmniaHD
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score

Maybe this will help

Menu->Settings->Ring Styles->Silent Detail go to the bottom of the menu and turn reminders off or vibrate. Maybe this will help you out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jme2712
    Menu->Settings->Ring Styles->Silent Detail go to the bottom of the menu and turn reminders off or vibrate. Maybe this will help you out
    You would think. But I'm pretty sure that Off is the default setting for Silent Detail Reminders.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 11/18/09 vzw proof
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    its probably in the audio tones seem in bitpim..

what i dont like is that, when ever i play NFSU2 on my phone, EVEN on silent, and the sound setting on the game to OFF, it still says EA GAMES.. CHALLENGE EVERYTHING... i dont wanna be in a boring class and try to play and it suddenly going EA GAMES CHALLENGE ANYTHING... id be like oh @#@% mutha %#$% rofl...
    Still on Verizon with a Motorola Droid, The first UNTOUCHED phone by Verizon.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple iPhone Xs Max, Apple iPhone X, Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All Motorola's beep when the battery is low and will even beep while on silent. It also seems the E815 battery meter is not too reliable. I went from 3 bars to 1 bar overnight. However, with the 1 bar (orange) the phone still works for about half a day.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by powertoburn
    All Motorola's beep when the battery is low and will even beep while on silent. It also seems the E815 battery meter is not too reliable. I went from 3 bars to 1 bar overnight. However, with the 1 bar (orange) the phone still works for about half a day.
    On the V710, there is no low-battery beep in Silent mode, not sure about Vibrate. At least on mine.

Device(s)
    Samsung A530
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

They do beep

Charles,

They all seem to do it..

When it's in low batt, every maybe 2-3 minutes they do it..

Totally Sucks

The Battery meter is trash. I can go from 4 bars to 1 bar in 1 minute..

Totally weird

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesH
    On the V710, there is no low-battery beep in Silent mode, not sure about Vibrate. At least on mine.
    My V710 does not beep when in silent mode either.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Actually, the V710 DID do this, with the old software. When the updated software came out, it fixed this bug. I can't believe it transferred over to the e815. I dont think this is standard for motorola's like some are saying...none of my Nextel's ever did this.
    ||||||

Device(s)
    BB 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipCpt45
    its probably in the audio tones seem in bitpim..

what i dont like is that, when ever i play NFSU2 on my phone, EVEN on silent, and the sound setting on the game to OFF, it still says EA GAMES.. CHALLENGE EVERYTHING... i dont wanna be in a boring class and try to play and it suddenly going EA GAMES CHALLENGE ANYTHING... id be like oh @#@% mutha %#$% rofl...

hahha, i had this same thought last night when i bought NFSU2!

and after playing til the battery almost died, i get the same annoying friggin BEEP every 3 minutes GRRRR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast