Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile outages

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Simply Prepaid
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile outages

I am just wondering how reliable T-Mobile is for other people. In the one year since I have been with T-Mobile, my service has been down completely at least 7 or 8 times where I could not use the phone at all for several hours at a time. Before T-Mobile, I was with a CDMA provider for 3 years, and I can only remember once when it went down on me.

I like T-Mobile because they have great coverage in my area and the sound quality of the calls is much better than CDMA. T-Mobile just can't seem to keep their towers up and running.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyk4952
    I am just wondering how reliable T-Mobile is for other people. In the one year since I have been with T-Mobile, my service has been down completely at least 7 or 8 times where I could not use the phone at all for several hours at a time. Before T-Mobile, I was with a CDMA provider for 3 years, and I can only remember once when it went down on me.

I like T-Mobile because they have great coverage in my area and the sound quality of the calls is much better than CDMA. T-Mobile just can't seem to keep their towers up and running.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Wow, that's the exact opposite of my experience thus far. The only time T-Mobile has been down for me in the last year was during the four hurricanes that hit our area in 2004. During 2 of the storms that knocked power out to 98% of our county, TMO (and every cell provider I checked) was down.

Other than that, TMO has never been completely dead for me.

It may help if you tell us your location...

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i've never had an outage with tmobile here in tampa that I can remember.

I DO remember outages with PrimeCo and Verizon when I worked for them though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Simply Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am in Boise.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well, how were we to know that you are in Boise? It's not marked in your profile and it wasn't mentioned in your other post lol

Device(s)
    Sharp TM150
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyk4952
    I am in Boise.

How were we supposed to know that? You don't have it listed in your profile.

Idiot.
    Have T-Mobile? Check out this fun and exciting new website!

T-Mobile Info

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what the **** happened last night, but one of the reps in my store said it had something to do with Boise. Basically the whole portland market was out from around 12:30 last night until this morning. I had like 50 people yelling at me when I came to work. There was like 20 waiting outside the door 30 minutes before we opened.
    HAY GUYZ, MY 42ND POST WAS 3 YEARS AGO

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lol that happened to me, i'm in the POO market and my phone was dead from midnight til 4am last night...
    Previous T-Mobile Customer Care Representative

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing customers" - Randal Graves

"and life is pointless, but what's so wrong with that?" - Stephan Jenkins

" 'Just say no' prevents teenage pregnancy the way 'Have a nice day' cures chronic depression - Faye Wattleton

Speed results from my USB Tethered TM506"

I LOVE 3G!!!

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frog
    I don't know what the **** happened last night, but one of the reps in my store said it had something to do with Boise. Basically the whole portland market was out from around 12:30 last night until this morning. I had like 50 people yelling at me when I came to work. There was like 20 waiting outside the door 30 minutes before we opened.
    People actually go to the stores with there's an outage?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascii
    People actually go to the stores with there's an outage?
    I think the wireless industry has the highest percentage of ******* customers than any other industry...except maybe computers...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Simply Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Haha you are in the 'POO' market //Sorry I just always get a kick out of the Portland market code!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ya i think they should've gone with POT....that would've been much better...

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been with TMO for almost a year in SoCal. I have experienced numerous coverage outages, even more voice mail issues (people having to enter my number to leave voicemail, I couldn't get my voicemail and no voicemail icon) and some just weird phone issues (the a630/email problems and the ipaq 6315). Problems I never had with Verizon.

But...I also pay over $50/month less. Oddly, I just don't seem to be upset about it. And now, my cell is my only phone, so you would I would be shopping for a new carrier. But their cust service is worlds above Verizon's service.

I guess I would rather have great prices, decent selection of phones (between official and unofficial) compared to Verizon and an outage every once in a while.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyxlc
    I've been with TMO for almost a year in SoCal. I have experienced numerous coverage outages, even more voice mail issues (people having to enter my number to leave voicemail, I couldn't get my voicemail and no voicemail icon) and some just weird phone issues (the a630/email problems and the ipaq 6315). Problems I never had with Verizon.

But...I also pay over $50/month less. Oddly, I just don't seem to be upset about it. And now, my cell is my only phone, so you would I would be shopping for a new carrier. But their cust service is worlds above Verizon's service.

I guess I would rather have great prices, decent selection of phones (between official and unofficial) compared to Verizon and an outage every once in a while.
    god I wish there were more customers like you...

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remember me next time you want to give a $$ credit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast