Thread: Worried about radiation from your cell phone?

DebsterZ3 Guest

Worried about radiation from your cell phone?

For those of you concerned about the radiation coming from your phones you might wanna check out this site. I personally think the air we breath is more harmful lol...
    <a href=http://www.cnet.com/wireless/0-5939521.html?tag=st.wr.1923401.miw.5939521>www.cnet.com</a>

kelvinstokes Guest

Re: Worried about radiation from your cell phone?

I'd have to agree with you....people take it way too in depth...and what I laugh about - is watching those same people look into the window of their microwave...That thing has like 1000w of power inside (a cell has 1 watt)...held in my a thin metal mesh!

Or, they will sit right in front of their TV....or eat fatty foods, or never excercise...

And I'm sure that all of these are MUCH worse than holdingg a phone to your ear.

ValentinaDeb Guest

That's a good point. However, it would be interesting from a medical standpoint if someone could link a disease from cell phone use. I suppose those of us who have been using cell phones since the 70's and early 80's would be the first to develop any such problems, should the danger be real. I think the laziness that such devices can cause is far more dangerous, though. As long as the laptop and cellphone are going with you to the gym, however, it should counteract most of the effects. The microwave is a different story. I had a friend who worked in a nursing home who told me about a patient who watched something being heated in the microwave, and started convulsing when the thing interfered with her pacemaker. The fact that it distorts cordless phone conversations is just an audible reminder of the fact that it emits something, but other than problems with pacemakers, I haven't heard of it causing any damage from radiation. Well, like all the other unknowns, we'll learn over time....

Geeeza Guest

Device(s)
    iphone 4s jb / zte concord root
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Worried about radiation from your cell phone?

Well, like all the other unknowns, we'll learn over time....
    right, like the cigarette suits, in a few decades, millions can have a class action suit!

Device(s)
    Motorola V60i - Not Broken or Lost Yet!
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Talking

Yea, I know someone whom freaks out if I wipe down the counter with alcahol in her presence. She freaks out if her daughter gets too close to the TV, etc. She smokes, and wears a lot of makeup. She also uses drugs. Duh!

Just use a headset, and put the phone between your legs. If you have kids with three arms, then you can say a cell phone is dangerious.
    Phredog

"I felt a great disturbance in the force. It felt as if a thousand voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Device(s)
    Samsung S300
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by phredog
    Yea, I know someone whom freaks out if I wipe down the counter with alcahol in her presence. She freaks out if her daughter gets too close to the TV, etc. She smokes, and wears a lot of makeup. She also uses drugs. Duh!

Just use a headset, and put the phone between your legs. If you have kids with three arms, then you can say a cell phone is dangerious.
    hahaha, or you could just buy that Greenphone e688 handset!! The one with the "phone" in your pocket and your handset wirelessly connected to that box...

Feedback Score
    i think most of the radiation form TVs are released from the backside of the television so you're not really exposed to the radiation unless you watch TV from behind the tube...
    HERE'S MY NONSENSE, MY TWO CENTS IS FREE....hehe

Kids.....they should be hooked on phonics, not hooked on chronic

my feedback
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=36002

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by turbo_slug
    ... watch TV from behind the tube...
    hehe..the programming won't be so interesting.

Device(s)
    Motorola V60i - Not Broken or Lost Yet!
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by turbo_slug
    i think most of the radiation form TVs are released from the backside of the television so you're not really exposed to the radiation unless you watch TV from behind the tube...
    Most of it is. Todays TV's emit a lot less than old ones. Depending on the design. Some old color TV's with vacum tube HV diode tubes emit a pencil thin beam of X-radiation stright out though the bottom of the tube. In most cases that ment striaght down. Some went to the side due to the tube orientation.

It is rumored that the some large screen color TV's do the same, but it comes stright out the back of the CRT. I have heard of un-developed film being exposed by it.

Also TV's use magnetic deflection. Most of it leaks out the back of the TV. It is largely harmless.

That is why I think the fear is funny!

Feedback Score
    TVs these days also have protection circuits to prevent too much radiation from being released...
    eg. all should have a circuit to prevent overvoltage...

hehe i think the flyback transformer on my Toshiba is dying...the picture went out of focus the same morning USA decided to bomb binladin...well anyways, I've opened up the back and readjusted the sharpness setting on the flyback transformer and now everything is pencil sharp...problem is that the voltage may be pretty high right now...occasionally but rarely the picture may go blank...to correct it, i have to turn the TV on and off...I think it is caused by the instable flyback transformer...the overvotage circuit will take over to prevent too much radiation from being released...