Thread: My T68mi got F***ed!!!

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P900/K600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Hellas
    Feedback Score

My T68mi got F***ed!!!

I have the T68mi since Oct 2001 with Hardware R1A and Software R2E006, 250hours on life timer and 140K joystick counts.
    For two days now it went no access and it doesn't seem to go back to normal again. I was facing this problem for the last two months here and there but it wouldn't last for more than 2-3 hours. Now the green light is blinking and I get like 2-3 bars of signal, but I cannot receive or place a call. Half of the time it displays the carrier's name, and the rest it display's "no access".
    I know that a lot of people have had this problem and they got their phone replaced after a loooong wait. The problem is that the phone is out of warranty now.
    Do you guys think that a firmware update would solve the problem, or the phone is going to rest in peace for ever?
    I really loved that phone and I had promised to myself not buy any other than SE. But I just ordered a Nokia 7210 because I didn't have too many options, since the rest of the SE phones are POS...I was about to wait for a new SE phone, but now I am left with no phone, that's why I ordered the Nokia 7210 which is fine with me, and seemed the best among the rest.
    I am so pissed, and I wish that a firmare update will bring it back to life.

Device(s)
    G1 (black)
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    That sucks man, I feel for you but I don't think a FW update will fix the problem from everything I have read here about this "no access" problem. Have you tried calling SE support?
    -Savoy

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P900/K600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Hellas
    Feedback Score
    I haven't called SE yet because it sucks here in US. I am going to Europe in a couple of weeks, so I am going to go to SE service point in person.

Device(s)
    P900 + HBH-200 + CSS-20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i had that eaxct same problem with my t68m-i but it only lasted for 2 days. i didn't do anything with it...i was about to send it to Adam for firmware upgrade but i waited. it went back to normal and never had any problems since then.

you could try a firmware upgrade, it might help

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P900/K600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Hellas
    Feedback Score
    waddie i had that eaxct same problem with my t68m-i but it only lasted for 2 days. i didn't do anything with it...i was about to send it to Adam for firmware upgrade but i waited. it went back to normal and never had any problems since then.
    Did you have your phone turned on or off during these two days?

Device(s)
    P900 + HBH-200 + CSS-20
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by GAMIAS
    Did you have your phone turned on or off during these two days?
    yup, that's what i did. i just kept turning it on/off. and letting it rest for a while, taking the battery out. you could also make a rough reboot by taking the battery out even when the phone is on.

Device(s)
    T610 R3C
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i know a store that fixes this type of problem in toronto.. but you're too far away i guess... better send it to SE

Device(s)
    Currently Using: SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    speak to D.S.I. here on the boards....apparently he knows and can solve the No Access No Network etc... problems...and if you are in the states...its even better =) your US $$$ is worth more here so repair costs should be relatively low...

oh...and try taking the battery and sim out of the phone for 2 days...then try it again...i hear sometimes the circuity fuQs up or soemthig...doesnt hurt to try.

good luck n keep us posted

raza
    "I am a n0mad in the desert of life, searching for my oasis of purpose." - Raza

My Feedback (50)

Previous Phones:
    + Nokia: 8390 (2), 7210, 3300
    + Ericsson: t637, t616, t610,t68i, t39m, t200, t28w
    + Panasonic: GD88
    + Motorola v635, v600, mpx200, v60i (2), v60g (2), V101, v66, v70 (2)
    + RIM: 7290

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P900/K600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Hellas
    Feedback Score

I Fixed it myself!!!

Guys thank you all for your replies, but I have great news.
    Not knowing what else to do, I unscrewed every possible screw of the phone. I even removed the screen, the speaker, and the whole chip out of the back case (too bad I didn't take a photo of this). In a few words I turned the phone to 15 pieces. I carefully removed the dust from everywhere, and I put everything back to place.
    Guess wha? the phone works great now!!!
    Thank you god...thank you.

Feedback Score

Re: I Fixed it myself!!!

Guys thank you all for your replies, but I have great news.
    Not knowing what else to do, I unscrewed every possible screw of the phone. I even removed the screen, the speaker, and the whole chip out of the back case (too bad I didn't take a photo of this). In a few words I turned the phone to 15 pieces. I carefully removed the dust from everywhere, and I put everything back to place.
    Guess wha? the phone works great now!!!
    Thank you god...thank you.
    no acces could also be caused by AT&T's GSM rollout. give t-mobile a call and see if it's been affecting the chicago area. i know that AT&T has been screwing up the MA area. i've been having tons of problems with them the last couple of weeks. it's been better the last two days.

like waddie said, you could always try the soft reset by turning your phone off and pulling your battery out for 10 secs and then putting it back and turning it on. you can also try setting your network to manual (connect -> GSM networks -> manual) before you turn off your phone. i've done this a couple of times and it has helped.

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P900/K600
    Carrier(s)
    TIM Hellas
    Feedback Score
    no acces could also be caused by AT&T's GSM rollout. give t-mobile a call and see if it's been affecting the chicago area. i know that AT&T has been screwing up the MA area. i've been having tons of problems with them the last couple of weeks. it's been better the last two days.
    I did all these and no go. I placed a friends AT&T SIM and still the same problem, and I placed my T-mobile SIM to her phone and worked. The problem was 100% hardware.
    By removing all the parts and cleaning them, I lead to conlution that the dust affects the ciruits somehow. By doing that, it seemed that it worked 100%.

Device(s)
    BB-8310 / N-N73 / BB-8100 / N-6030 / M-V400
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers + Fido
    Feedback Score
    Actually... I don't know if it's a periodic problem, but my friend got a BRAND NEW T68i, and was fine for the first day. On the second day though, it stopped getting reception for a few hours, but then it got network again. It's been fine ever since... weird...
    "An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind."

-Mahatma Gandhi

Feedback Score
    I did all these and no go. I placed a friends AT&T SIM and still the same problem, and I placed my T-mobile SIM to her phone and worked. The problem was 100% hardware.
    By removing all the parts and cleaning them, I lead to conlution that the dust affects the ciruits somehow. By doing that, it seemed that it worked 100%.
    cool...glad it worked.

yeah, there were a LOT of t68m's and t39's that were getting no access. i had to send my t39 back to SE and i waited for over a month to get it back. i was pretty upset at them.