Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: USB drivers for VX8100

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

USB drivers for VX8100

I would have guessed this question was asked before but I am unable to find the answer. It seems many members have an 8100 and are using their straight-through USB cables. I have a straight through USB cable and tried installing the drivers as described in other posts but haven't had any success. I am using Windows XP and attempted using the VX6000 (LGUSBModemDriver_Ver_4.1.exe) & VX8000 (LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_Ver_4.5.exe) drivers since LG doesn't have a driver for the 8100; nothing but frustrations. The drivers appear to install correctly on COM7 but BitPim is unable to detect the phone or retrieve any information. Since there isn't an 8100 selection in BitPim, I use the selection for the driver installed (and tried others also). Would somebody please provide some additional specifics about getting my 8100 to work with a straight through cable and what drivers work with XP?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by max_va
    I would have guessed this question was asked before but I am unable to find the answer. It seems many members have an 8100 and are using their straight-through USB cables. I have a straight through USB cable and tried installing the drivers as described in other posts but haven't had any success. I am using Windows XP and attempted using the VX6000 (LGUSBModemDriver_Ver_4.1.exe) & VX8000 (LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_Ver_4.5.exe) drivers since LG doesn't have a driver for the 8100; nothing but frustrations. The drivers appear to install correctly on COM7 but BitPim is unable to detect the phone or retrieve any information. Since there isn't an 8100 selection in BitPim, I use the selection for the driver installed (and tried others also). Would somebody please provide some additional specifics about getting my 8100 to work with a straight through cable and what drivers work with XP?

Have you solved the problem yet? I have exactly the same question that I want to ask. If you've got the answer, could you please share it with me?

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

no progress

I didn't get any suggestions before I left the country. I am now deployed to the middle east and haven't been able to use the 8100 much less play with its USB interface. Sorry. But if you find the answer, I am still hoping to get it figured out in late December.

Device(s)
    vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Talk to you in December then.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by max_va
    if you have the most recent version of bitpim (which will work with 8100) then try the 'futuredial cable' drivers maybe. if you aren't sure, make sure you try the latest bitpim as some previous ones led to problems like the one you're describing.
    latest bitpim = 0.7.37 http://www.bitpim.org/#download

http://www.futuredial.com/support/do...ficdrivers.zip

Feedback Score
    I had some trouble getting my pc to recognize my phone after the drivers were installed. WHenever the USB cable was removed and then plugged back in, XP tried searching for drivers again.

I realized that my PC would not do this IF I plugged the cable into the USB port that I originally used when installing the drivers. Sounds strange I know but thats how it is for me.

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got the VX8100 a couple of weeks ago... I am having the same problem. I am wondering if it has something to do with V4 of the firmware. I think the problem has to do with something on the phone.

With Bitpim running I plug the chord with the phone attached... Bitpim understands that the chord is attached but I get the following in the Log

22:56:33.953 Checking for model: LG-VX3200
    22:56:33.963 Likely ports:['COM9']
    22:56:33.963 COM9: Opening port COM9, 115200 baud, timeout 1.000000, hardwareflow 0, softwareflow 0
    22:56:34.092 COM9: Open of comm port suceeded
    22:56:34.102 LG-VX3200: Attempting to contact phone
    22:56:35.144 COM9: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    22:56:35.174 COM9: Changed port speed to 38400
    22:56:36.687 COM9: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    22:56:36.697 COM9: Changed port speed to 115200
    22:56:38.209 COM9: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read

Since the software can detect the chord I have to believe that the drivers are installed properly, however, it seems that the phone won't answer when data is sent to it. I have tried the PC Connection on the phone set to USB and Serial but neither seem to help.

Is there something else that I could try?

Feedback Score
    In bitpim make sure you select your phone model in the settings menu. You have a staight usb cable?

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the 8100 selected... I know the 3200, 7000, 8000 and 8100 all use the same cables so I wasn't surprised when BitPim tried to talk to the phone on 3200 protocols. Yes I have a straight USB cable. The cable looks like a serial port because of the Prolific drivers but it is a USB cable.

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just saw another thread here about BitPim and the VX8100. The solution was to have both the PortMap(Data) and PortMap(Diag) set to UART1. However, When I go to the Menu->0->000000->4 to get to the data settings and set the PortMap(Data) to UART1 and then set PortMap(Diag) to UART1, when i check PortMap(Data) again it is set to NULL DEV.

I am starting to get more convinced that Version 4 of the Firmware has a modification that is blocking the network cables from working... Does anyone have version 4 working with BitPim? If so what phone settings are you using?

Device(s)
    LG-Vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any update on this? I still am unable to get my 8100 to be seen. Drivers are installed fine, it sees the usb cable as a serial port (com 11), but even w/ all the settings in bitpim as well as the QS.. w/e program, it won't detect the phone. It does the exact thing FinNTonic posted. I have v4 of the 8100.

Device(s)
    lg-vx8100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    My pc will not connect to my phone as well and it really sucks!!!!. I have v4 lg-vx8100.

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Finally!!!

I got my phone connected .... I had to get another cable. I got the iTrimming cable with Driver CD and car charger for under $10.

I found using a cable that uses the Prolific drivers didn't work for me.

These are the drivers that seemed to work for me

LG CDMA USB Modem
    LG CDMA USB Modem Diagnostic Serial Port Drivers (WDM) (COM#)

Device(s)
    VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

great news

Your solving the connectivity challenge is great news. I am happy for you.

Where did you get the cable, drivers, & car charger? Does the car charger work (I bought one for a previous LG phone that didn't)?

Are you able to manage your contact / phone list from your computer? If so, what software are you using for the list management and editing?

Thanks for sharing your success.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast