Thread: Can new customers go thru retention?

Device(s)
    Sanyo 4900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Can new customers go thru retention?

A question for anyone who might have done something like this before...

My girlfriend wants to go ahead and finally bite the bullet and get a cell phone. I have a plan that I was offered thru retention and I was wondering if it was possible to get her in on the same plan? I'm not looking to simply add her to mine, but for her to get her own separate account. Has anyone ever tried to do this before for a friend or family member? Would you go thru the normal channels for setting up a new account or would you need to just call retention directly. I'm really not interested in the sign-up rebates that they offer if I could simply get her on the same plan as me (but on a different account).

Thanks
    "On my signal, release Hell"

Device(s)
    Sanyo 5300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Retention offer= an attempt to Retain an EXISTING customer. so no i really dont think they would give this to a new customer. at least i hope not.
    * ** ***IdiOTeQnoLogY*** ** *
    www.commondreams.org
    Progressive news for reality hungry people. Wake up people....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it's possible... Plus it wouldn't be fair for those who actually completed their contract and found an offer at a carrier that was better, but were retained by retention...

Plus, if she signs up for a regular plan, and you get the unlimited PCS to PCS, then it shouldn't really matter all that much, should it?
    "My downfall raises me to infinite heights." -Napoleon Bonaparte

01101010 ...