Thread: Does anyone really find wireless BlackBerry Keyboards useful?

Device(s)
    7100T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does anyone really find wireless BlackBerry Keyboards useful?

Hey Folks,

Do any of you use any of the wireless keyboards and actually find that they make you more productive and are really useful passed being cool gadgets?

I have been struggling to find where these things truly add value. I thought that a wireless keyboard would make it easier for me to enter large amounts of text on my 7100t. It does when I am sitting at a table but it is virtually impossible for me to use when not at a table.

I also find that it is just as easy for me to pull my sub-notebook out (which I would much rather use if sitting at a table) as it is to pull out the wireless keyboard. This, however, may change as it starts to get cooler and I wear jackets or sport coats more often. The keyboard is to large to put into a pants pocket but probably would fit into a breast pocket quite niceley.

Before I say that wireless keyboards for BlackBerries are a waste money, I would like to get some other points of view.
    Check out RIMarkable.com, the official, unofficial BlackBerry weblog.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I tried one out the other day and I must say it works well.

BUT, I can't carry this thing around. I guess for soemone who has to thumb in long responses they would be ok, but I can get more than enough "thumbed" in to answer all of my email. My customers understand I am on a Blackberry and don't want alot of flowery verse, they want short and to the point answers/information.

I get and answer maybe 60 emails a day and one of the main reasons I use a BB is due to the keyboard. NOW for heavy duty users who need to do lots of typing, the keyboard has got to be outstanding!

Feedback Score
    Blackberry was never intended for the composition of long emails or documents. That's not to say it's impossible--but certainly not it's intended purpose.

For me, a wireless keyboard is another device requiring batteries or charging. Add the blackberry itself and a bluetooth headset...and you're carrying a lot of chargers and devices. Not practical for me.

Device(s)
    V557, V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jase88
    Blackberry was never intended for the composition of long emails or documents. That's not to say it's impossible--but certainly not it's intended purpose.

For me, a wireless keyboard is another device requiring batteries or charging. Add the blackberry itself and a bluetooth headset...and you're carrying a lot of chargers and devices. Not practical for me.
    Ditto for me!

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Haha, I dont want a man-bag either..

Device(s)
    Vzn 7250 bberry EVDO tether
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Opi
    Haha, I dont want a man-bag either..
    I have a compaq branded laptop case that I use to carry my pocket pc, blackberry,wired headset, train schedules, deodorant (sumertime), medicine, mp3 player, spare batteries and even other stuff, but no I don't have a laptop in it.

during the week I fit right in, but when I carry it on Saturday I guess I look like a workaholic.

Actually Hugo Boss makes a nice mini attache case ($200) that I've had my eye on.

It's not a man bag, it's a "european carry all".
    Last edited by ina-nyminute; 08-31-2005 at 09:30 PM.

Carrier(s)
    •Rogers Wireless•
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried one yet... I'll have my first chance this weekend. I've heard mixed reviews on them. Some people like them and others don't. I am used to the keyboard on my 7100... personally I don't think I need a wireless keyboard but we'll see.

Feedback Score
    where can you order these wireless Keyboards for BB's? i have a 7290 and wouldnt mind trying it out...

Thanks.

[email protected]

Device(s)
    7100T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/....asp?item=199#

This is not an affiliate link by the way...

Device(s)
    7100T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just blogged more of my thoughts on Bluetooth keyboards on RIMarkable.com