Thread: Great news for Alltel customers that roam in Eastern Kentucky

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Great news for Alltel customers that roam in Eastern Kentucky

Keep in mind, I live in Pike County, Ky. I have a Company Alltel Cell Phone (Moto V262) and Roam on Appalachian Wireless Network 7/24.

About ten months ago on a conferance call I talked to a Alltel and Appalachian Wireless Tech, they said that I would never be able to receive Voice Mail notifications or email while roaming on Applachian Wireless Network, because Appalachian Wireless was not nationally known. Remember both carriers are CDMA.

THE GREAT NEWS.

I just noticed today, because I was out of cell range and my office called my cell and left a message. When I drove back into Cell range (appalachian wireless) my Alltel cell phone indicated I had a Voice Mail waiting for me, this has never happened while roaming on Appalachian Wireless Network.
    Further testing and sending email to my Phone tells me that one of the two or both Companies turned something on. And I also did a tower up-date about two weeks ago while I was at Wise, Va.

Anyway I'm a happy camper.

P.S. GO BIGBLUE

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ai4uk
    Keep in mind, I live in Pike County, Ky. I have a Company Alltel Cell Phone (Moto V262) and Roam on Appalachian Wireless Network 7/24.

About ten months ago on a conferance call I talked to a Alltel and Appalachian Wireless Tech, they said that I would never be able to receive Voice Mail notifications or email while roaming on Applachian Wireless Network, because Appalachian Wireless was not nationally known. Remember both carriers are CDMA.

THE GREAT NEWS.

I just noticed today, because I was out of cell range and my office called my cell and left a message. When I drove back into Cell range (appalachian wireless) my Alltel cell phone indicated I had a Voice Mail waiting for me, this has never happened while roaming on Appalachian Wireless Network.
    Further testing and sending email to my Phone tells me that one of the two or both Companies turned something on. And I also did a tower up-date about two weeks ago while I was at Wise, Va.

Anyway I'm a happy camper.

P.S. GO BIGBLUE
    Do you know if Alltel is going to add more coverage in Kentucky or not.

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I'm not even sure if Alltel has towers in Kentucky. I do know one thing, Alltel is my company phone, I also have a Cingular Gait Phone and Appalachian Wireless. Appalachian Wireless Network whips Cingular all to pieces in Eastern Kentucky. Alltel Roams on Appalachian Wireless in Eastern Kentucky.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I do not believe Alltel has any towers in Kentucky except the Cingular Areas that Alltel tok over in Owensboro Kentucky.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tim33
    I do not believe Alltel has any towers in Kentucky except the Cingular Areas that Alltel tok over in Owensboro Kentucky.
    Alltel has had native coverage in the Kentucky counties of Greenup, Carter and Boyd since the 360° Communications days. These counties are in the Ashland, KY area where the KY, OH and WV borders meet.

royc