Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Use English!

Device(s)
    Unlocked PalmOne Treo 650, Motorola V3i, T-Mo RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why don't people just stop *****ing and just run the non-englidh posts through Altavista's Babelfish or Google's translator...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhore1
    Why don't people just stop *****ing and just run the non-englidh posts through Altavista's Babelfish or Google's translator...
    For several reasons. 1) It's the rules. You want a non-english board, there are just about a motorola forum for every language, I know of one for Portuguese, Russian, and Italian off the top of my head. 2) It's not your forum, if you ran a forum then you could state that everyone can use their own language. 3) It makes it much harder on the mods to not only try to read as many posts as possible, but now we have to run stuff through translators? How many people are going to do that? How are we going to determine the flames from the helpful posts in languages that we don't understand. Or better yet, languages that aren't even supported by our browser?

Bottom line, this is an English board, if you disagree with that rule, you are more then welcome to find one in your native tounge. Broken English is more acceptable and forgiveable on this board then a nobel prize wining novel in the native tounge.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 12
    This thread is not for flaming. It is to remind members here that they must use english in these forums.
    Oh dear... You'll have to forgive me for not realizing that blatantly obvious fact. Perhaps if that's what HF11 was going for, he should've clicked the sticky + close box upon posting this instead of perpetuating the arguement and creating a haven for such in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Assume for the sake of argument for a sec that this board was operated out of the U.S. by some govt. agency. Are all the folks out there complaining about '1st ammendment rights' and 'freedom of speech' either too youthful or just plain dumb?
    Here is another one of many undeniable truths of life:
    Just because you have a right to SPEAK, that DOES NOT and never HAS meant that you have a right to be HEARD!
    Can we maybe get off the childish whining kick now and get back to the intended purpose of this site - and just follow the rules that even a marginally intelligent cockroach should be able to understand and comply with?
    Last edited by BayouBlade; 11-11-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC i-Mate SP5m, Samsung CU320(3G Data Device), Motorola V557, Nokia 6620, Sharp Hiptop 1(unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    1. Pacific Bell Mobile Services GSM and ATTWS TDMA\GSM
    Feedback Score
    you mods are too damn strict its like NAZIS!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by co678
    you mods are too damn strict its like NAZIS!!!!!!
    If you don't like the rules set down by the owner himself of these forums then move on to another forum.

This forum is English speaking period and the rules here state clearly to that.

Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2