Thread: eBay Cingular Prepaid Refill Card, too good to be true deal, but true.

Device(s)
    Samsung A437
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

eBay Cingular Prepaid Refill Card, too good to be true deal, but true.

Members usually post about how they got ripped-off on ebay buying refill cards so I wanted to post a positive account, and a great deal.

One seller has $50 Cingular Prepaid Refill Cards for $35. Yes, too good to be true but it is true. Here is the secret: If you are eBay savvy, search for current or completed auctions with the word "Singular".

The seller had good feedback on all his past refill cards, my pin was emailed on time and worked great.

Anyway, I thought members here could use some good news.

Device(s)
    Sprint Touch VX6900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint-SERO 500
    Feedback Score
    Yes, that's great news because I too have heard horror stories! Congratulations!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    What is the seller's name?
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Device(s)
    Samsung A437
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    His id is salesman_one
    He also sells T-Mobile refills, but not as cheap. I also noticed his Cingular refills have gone up a few dollars from last month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    I saw one on eBay that had $5-$15 off normal price for refill cards. But I didn't look at the items (dumb me) so didn't catch the seller's name.

Device(s)
    Samsung A437
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He is baaaaaaccckkkkkkk! In case anyone is interested.
    But he increased his price to $40 for a $50 Singular(hehe) Card.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not a bad deal... he's the only one I see selling $50 cards for anything under $50. What's the expiration time on them? same as $25 cards?

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    Yes. They expire in 90 days like the $25 cards.

Feedback Score
    Assumming he is legit, what marketing/sales channel or program is he going through to get the cards at "whoesale" pricing? It seems like it could be a nice at home business to pick a few coins.

Device(s)
    motorola i560
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm a little skeptical about buying more than 1 refill from the same seller on Ebay. Even if they have good feedback, since you are buying a service rather than a tangible product, there's the possibility someone could just be milking out a stolen/fraudulent credit card and selling their purchases on ebay... since its apparently services. Just a possibility. Ebay is full of such horror stories.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motoloca
    I'm a little skeptical about buying more than 1 refill from the same seller on Ebay. Even if they have good feedback, since you are buying a service rather than a tangible product, there's the possibility someone could just be milking out a stolen/fraudulent credit card and selling their purchases on ebay... since its apparently services. Just a possibility. Ebay is full of such horror stories.
    Even if that's the case, it's not like you're really going to be held liable for making the purchase... after all, it's not like you could have known what was going on. The thing is, I don't know of any places that sell actual cards online that you could use a stolen card since even the normal online resellers just email the pin instead of sending you the actual card (then again, he could be doing that.. getting the pin and then passing it along without ever being in posession of an actual refill card).