Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: All that JAS.....JAR

Feedback Score

All that JAS.....JAR

My hero David Weiniger the MadMonkeyBoy was kind enough to send me one of his precious iMate Jasjars to do a review for him. I will post the review in a few days when I have had time to run it through its paces, and written the review. In the meantime I thought I would post a few pictures of the Jasjar for those of you who have not seen one yet. There are 40 some odd pictures. They are un-edited. I just snapped the pictures and downloaded them, so some may be a bit rough. Later this evening I will try to post a bunch of screenshots as well.

If you have any questions let me know. Keep in mine that whtrbt7 and a couple of others have been answering a lot of questions in another thread. whtrbt7 has answered some pretty indepth and technical questions. If anyone wants something verified,that they haven't, again just let me know.

Two things I have noticed very early on....the screen quality of this device is excellent. I think the best I have ever seen. Secondly, if you have blown this device off solely because it is too big. I think you should see and hold one, you may change your mind. I'm not saying you definitely will. It is big, but not as big as you expect. It's more of a 6" brick than it is a 12" block.

This show the memory available out of the box, after the extended ROM has installed all its applications. Not as much as I expected. There seems to be a lot of space used already. I will check what is used from the apps in the extended ROM

If you haven't seen an x50v Axim it is almost identical in size to the PDA2k (Blue Angel) so that should give you a pretty good perspective on size.

The eten is very similar in size to the JAM, only thicker. The thickness is about the same as the Wizard.

Last edited by Dave Evans; 09-14-2005 at 07:45 PM.

Device(s)
    TyTN & K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Dave, I would love to see it held up to your ear and another shot with the eten for comparison. As much as I like the form factor and the wow factor, I cannot give it strong consideration until it has edge and 850 band.

Thanks for the shots!

Device(s)
    128GB iPhone 6s Plus (soon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dave, OOC who is your wireless carrier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheTech
    Dave, OOC who is your wireless carrier?
    Fido/Rogers here in Canada

hitch...I'll see what I can do, for you.

Dave

Device(s)
    128GB iPhone 6s Plus (soon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hitch
    Dave, I would love to see it held up to your ear and another shot with the eten for comparison.
    Yeah, pose with it like those girls from BengalBoy's site do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheTech
    Yeah, pose with it like those girls from BengalBoy's site do.
    Yeah, Canadian chicks are hot.

Anyone wanna take bets on whether or not Dave Evans ends up buying one of these. I have one and I don't think he'll be able to hold back.

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After being very enthusiastic about this device (and in UK it will only be £150 with a cheap contract) I really could not live with only 27 MB free. It also does not have USB host or graphics acceleration. I feel it has been MPX'd in a way, and I think I will stick with my SE V800 3G phone and Loox 720 VGA PPC.

Surur

Feedback Score
    I added in a few pictures on the end. A couple of my son holding it to his ear for you, hitch.

Dave

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surur
    After being very enthusiastic about this device (and in UK it will only be £150 with a cheap contract) I really could not live with only 27 MB free.
    Surur
    You could very well be right, Surur. I know leading up you were afraid it wouldn't have enough RAM, and I was afraid it might not have enough ROM. I think we may both be right......we'll see how it shacks out before...

155....MMB said the samething. He figured I would buy it....unfortunately I think it is already sold.

Dave

Device(s)
    T-Mobile DASH
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice pics. Yeah, the JasJar is a pretty nice machine. I was one of the few (1000) at Microsoft's PDC conference this week that were able to pick up this bad boy for the low price of $149.00. Unbelievable value. :-)

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    BTT, if your comment was some sort of jab towards bengalboy's website, save it. if you dont like it, dont visit it. i dont understand why people keep on bashing him after all he has done for this community. his site caters to a different crowd, i personally like his site, and im helping as much as i can to make it grow. is it gonna grow? i dont know, but i will help him, he is a super nice guy, who does things because he wants, and he isn't out to try to impress anyone. so for those of you who have something bad to say, your saying it out of ignorance.....

Device(s)
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pics Dave, I was able to play with one back in July for a but I think I forgot how bit it really was between then and now. The last 2 pics tell it all for me, that thing is HUGE!

Feedback Score
    OMG...it is enormous! Must definetely be used with a BT headset....without it, it looks more RETRO than Geek chic.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighAko
    Nice pics. Yeah, the JasJar is a pretty nice machine. I was one of the few (1000) at Microsoft's PDC conference this week that were able to pick up this bad boy for the low price of $149.00. Unbelievable value. :-)
    You lucky dawg!! I'm surprised you made it of the building alive.

Device(s)
    TyTN & K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie
    Thanks for the pics Dave, I was able to play with one back in July for a but I think I forgot how bit it really was between then and now. The last 2 pics tell it all for me, that thing is HUGE!
    I can see this as a primary phone using bluetooth only with it, possibly using add a line and forwarding calls to my smt5600 when the geek holster is out of place... but the whole idea of these things is convergence, and keeping two phones close by will not get me any closer than what I have now with phone and seperate ppc. I think I'll wait for the wizzard and see how it is.

Unless your son is possibly a very mature looking three year old, It is much to large to use up to the ear

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast