Thread: NYC t-mobile outage Monday early AM

Feedback Score

NYC t-mobile outage Monday early AM

did anyone experience an outage of T-Mobile service in northern Manhattan at 1am Monday morning. It is 2am now and i have had 1 bar or nothing since around 1am. Went from a normally 5 bar solid signal to nothing. called CS, no issues could be maintenance.
    they said i may have a bad sim, which i honestly don't believe.
    i had many dropped calls earlier this evening which could have been the precursor to this. i'm up near 110th and b-way.

Device(s)
    RIM 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    could be a number of things. they usually choose this time to do network upgrades cause people arent making calls at midnight usually.

plus, it could be the crappy *** rf of the t68...

Device(s)
    Mototola V551 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yep, i'm on 82nd on the east side and my service went out for a while. Had to rersort to my AT&T TDMA service and sit by the window.

ALso, my voicemail hasn't been working for a few days now

Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    In Brooklyn last night I had all kinds of problems, First with GPRS early in the evening I just couldn't connect and then with phone calls I had 4 bars but it was very difficult to make a phone call and half of my phone calls went right to voice mail rather then through. Then between 9pm and midnight I couldn't receive text messages, when I woke up this morning I had 15 messages timestamped between 9-11pm last night. Again this was all with 4+ bars on my t300.

Feedback Score

re: service

my service was back up at 2am after fluxuating from 0-1 bar for about 20 minutes it was again backup to full 5 bar status.

i will refute the claims of RF strength of T68i. i've had it for 2 months and really do not find it to be true that it has a weak RF. i get two extremes, when i can't get service in a known dead zone its 1 bar, when i'm in a good or marginally good area its always 4-5 bars strong, and get excellend call quality. i really think it depends on what handset you get, because i've been very lucky with mine. even get a strong signal when in many subway stations in nyc.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score

TRUE

I experienced the same problem myself...
    No signal.

Also during the day, SMS and MMS were flaky.

Things seem to be back to normal.
    Helio

Device(s)
    G1 (black)
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Here on Long Island in wester suffolk, I had no GPRS avail to me for about 2 hours last night from around 7pm to approx 9pm. Calls were fine but it was acting strange. My t68mi never gives me a problem with the RF. The RF is only a problem wherever TM doesn't have adequate coverage and thus is there fault and not SE's.
    -Savoy

Feedback Score

re: service

when i called to TMo CS last nite to complain they weren't aware of it and kept saying on you need to do power cycle and its your SIM. i was like there's no way it just went dead.

after half an hour on the phone with them trying to troubleshoot (with me on hold 90% of the time), i finally said can i get some extra minutes to compensate for my time.

she was like sure i can give you 20 bonus minutes. i was like wtf this is pretty cheap, so i can make that one extra call now i wanted to make. last time this happened to me they gave me 100 bonus minutes without asking, and i had to ask this woman and all i got was 20 crap minutes! LOL--she was pretty slow too, not much on the ball, she was like ok what is my password, meaning her password as she was all discombobulated at her workstation.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: re: service

Originally posted by jtmdsgn
    i will refute the claims of RF strength of T68i. i've had it for 2 months and really do not find it to be true that it has a weak RF. i get two extremes, when i can't get service in a known dead zone its 1 bar, when i'm in a good or marginally good area its always 4-5 bars strong, and get excellend call quality. i really think it depends on what handset you get, because i've been very lucky with mine. even get a strong signal when in many subway stations in nyc.
    I'm not trying to start another debate about the RF quality of the T68i, but in my personal tests, the RF was poor on the T68i. I have a P280 and could drive one stretch of road through Indy and keep a call the entire time. With the T68i, I'd drop the call and have unusable signal for about half a mile.

Feedback Score

RF

everyone has different experiences with the same phone.
    you're discussing how a phone works while driving in an environment, i'm using the same phone in the largest wireless market in the country on the street indoors etc. its totally location and situation dependent, which i know you totally understand.