Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: locking the ring volume on e815

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

locking the ring volume on e815

Just got a new e815 yesterday and still trying to figure everything out.

Is there a way to lock the ringer mode so that when I have this phone in my pocket I don't accidentlyi turn off the ringer by bumping a combination of volume and speakerphone buttons? I don't want to lock the entire phone, just the ring volume.

Thanks

Device(s)
    BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdiver
    Just got a new e815 yesterday and still trying to figure everything out.

Is there a way to lock the ringer mode so that when I have this phone in my pocket I don't accidentlyi turn off the ringer by bumping a combination of volume and speakerphone buttons? I don't want to lock the entire phone, just the ring volume.

Thanks
    Menu > Settings > Security > Lock Application > (unlock code) > -Ring Styles > toggle to "Locked"

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I knew there had to be a way to do it.

The documentation with this phone is horrible. Is there a better online manual or FAQ for this phone that has more than the paper manual or CD that came with the phone?

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon - Now & Lovin it
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgw
    Menu > Settings > Security > Lock Application > (unlock code) > -Ring Styles > toggle to "Locked"
    I followd your steps but it wants a passcode?? what would this be? my phone #?

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The manual says either 1234 or the last four digits of your phone number. I tried 1234 and it didn't work. The last four digits of my phone number did work as the correct pass code so apparently Verizon does that automatically as part of the setup.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0000 is the default 4 digit, 0000000 the default 7 digit
    E815:
    OBEX/TF Enabled
    DUN Enabled
    "Free" Mobile Web
    Custom Startup Animation/sound
    Custom Handmade Leather case

Device(s)
    BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdiver
    The manual says either 1234 or the last four digits of your phone number. I tried 1234 and it didn't work. The last four digits of my phone number did work as the correct pass code so apparently Verizon does that automatically as part of the setup.
    Correct -- VZW automatically resets this to the last four of your phone number every time you go through the activation process (i.e., *228, option 1).

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Very useful. Thanks for the knowledge.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BootlegZani
    Very useful. Thanks for the knowledge.
    Very standard Motorola interface -- it comes natural after about six or so Motorola phones over the years...

Feedback Score
    Very standard Motorola interface -- it comes natural after about six or so Motorola phones over the years...

good thing the motorola interface is going to die and be replaced by the more user friendly verizon UI...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G- White
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    you can also push menu then * to lock the keys when you place the phone in you pocket. granted you have to unlock them before you can use the phone again, I think its easier than going into the lock applications.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by playaproved
    you can also push menu then * to lock the keys when you place the phone in you pocket. granted you have to unlock them before you can use the phone again, I think its easier than going into the lock applications.

if only more thought would have been put into this phone, like maybe having to hold the buttons for 3 seconds before it changes the ringer, we wouldnt have to lock a flip phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G- White
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCosta
    if only more thought would have been put into this phone, like maybe having to hold the buttons for 3 seconds before it changes the ringer, we wouldnt have to lock a flip phone.
    LOL... I think alot of this has to do with how soft the buttons are and where they are located. I don't push the volume buttons on my razr nearly as much.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by playaproved
    Nah that is madd unneeded; its a flip phone. The only annoying keys are the left scroll buttons. They always manage to get pushed in my pocket and change the ring style from Loud to something worthless. Therefore locking the ring styles is so much easier because you can still change them by opening the phone up just not able to do it closed.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I prefer to be able to set the phone from loud to vibrate with the push of the volume buttons so i just set the soft details volume to 7 so that I can hear it if it accidentaly gets switched

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast