Thread: nextel phone to sothern linc service i265

Feedback Score

nextel phone to sothern linc service i265

Hi guys,
    Question here. I just bought a nextel i265 it is unlocked. I put my subbed so linc sim card in and it read it "the phone is not locked" i also went into rss and changed the bandmaps to solinc new 1a "which my old phone is set to" however the phone want connect to the network. Is there anything else i can do? is it possible to put nextel phon on so linc service? thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    dont everyone chime in at once!

Device(s)
    MIRS Silver i880
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC,
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hopalongcassidy
    Hi guys,
    Question here. I just bought a nextel i265 it is unlocked. I put my subbed so linc sim card in and it read it "the phone is not locked" i also went into rss and changed the bandmaps to solinc new 1a "which my old phone is set to" however the phone want connect to the network. Is there anything else i can do? is it possible to put nextel phon on so linc service? thanks in advance
    Changing the bandmap in RSS does nothing. I live in the south and had the same issue. To get it to work you do have to change the bandmap, but not by those means. Hook your phone up to your RSS, go to the toolbar and select "Tools" and then choose "Write CSD" select the SouthernLINC United States folder and then pic the second .s19 the program will instantly put your phone in "Flashstrap" and write this to the phone. Once it is done, if it doesn't automatically reboot your phone. Just click the big blue"R" in the toolbar. This will reset your phone. Once you are done and the phone has come on, let it set about 20 seconds and if it doesn't connect with the SoLINC sim in it, then just power off the phone let it set a few seconds and then power it on again. It may take up to two minutes to find the SouthernLINC signal, but it will and you are good to go! Nextel bandmap is Nextel/Telus SoLINC bandmap is Nextel/Solinc Good Luck! It works, Trust me!!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks, wil this work on any model? or just the i265

Device(s)
    MIRS Silver i880
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC,
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hopalongcassidy
    Thanks, wil this work on any model? or just the i265
    Any model. I change the bandmap on all my phones because I have both Nextel and SouthernLINC.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    wow thanks cot, been looking for a i580 s19 for solinc cuz i couldnt get my nextel i580s working on solinc, its been a month finally i stumble on your solution lol thanks

Feedback Score
    Please help me with a Motorola I580 Nextel (that is unlocked).
    I have the same problem. I cannot get the phone to connect onto the SL network with a good SL sim card.
    I have the USB cable, and know how to put it into flashstrap mode.
    I don't know where to get the s19 (or whatever), and don't know the program needed to send the file down.
    Thanks