still offline...

Device(s)
    samsung sgh p207
    Carrier(s)
    rogers
    Feedback Score

Plllzzzz Heeelpppp Meeee

SOMEONE HELP MEEEE PLZZZ

i have a samsung sgh p207 cell and i jus bought a usb data cable and yes its not the original its generic or whatever but my PROBLEM is i cant get it to work!! i plugged it to my pc and my phone and the "new hardware found" thing popped up when i turned my pc on and i said yes to install it and it says tht its not working???? i downloaded the software from www.samsung.com like the guy said.....but now what?? its still not working...WHAT DO I DO??? he also said to check what port number its on...theres no number ther....and when i open the software its OFFLINE how do i get it to ONLINE......some plzz help mee!!

Device(s)
    Samsung P207
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

So I bought the Samsung PC Data Link Kit...

... and you know what? It does not have anything except photo and video download option.

So... I did a clean install, first removing everything connected with Samsung from my computer and then I installed first the sofware I got on the cd (PC Data Link Kit) and then everthing else available from Samsung web site for P207. Now, interestingly enough, I have PIM working so I can synchronise phone book with the Outlook although Samsung tech support told me that can't be done

So there I am with the rest of you guys - everything works except ringtones upload/download.

If you figure that one out, please do tell!
    Last edited by Lil630630; 12-31-2005 at 02:35 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil630630
    ... and you know what? It does not have anything except photo and video download option. I can not upload ring tones and I can't synchronise phone book with Outlook.

Did i mention tech support told me that I would be able to do that if I buy the kit from them as opposed to downloading from their web site?

What a bunch of lies. What a pack of thieves. No more Cingular or Samsung for me in future
    Well from the Samsung FAQ/Knowledge Base for the P207, it clearly states that you cannot sync the PIM between phone and computer. I ended up using EasyGPRS 2.1.8 to get my phonebook that I had backed up from my other Samsungs copied to my P207.

How Do I Use My Phone As A Modem Or Transfer Data Between My Phone And My Computer?

NOTE: This response applies specifically to the following list of phones: P207 (If your model is not listed here, please see the links below for instructions pertaining to your specific model.)

The SGH-p207 uses EasyStudio Data Kit part number is PKT435LBEG/STD and can be ordered through our Accessory Department. The Product ID of the USB cable included with the Easy Studio Data Kit is PCB113BEB (Not sold separately) should there be need to verify the cable.

EasyStudio which will allow for transfer of File Manager information such as Photos and Videos, but does not support the transfer of Personal Information Manager data (PIM data) between the phone and PC.

You can view the full line of genuine Samsung accessories for your phone through the Samsung Accessories website or can be ordered by phone through the Accessory Department by dialing toll free 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) choose options
    The Easy Studio software from the other Samsung websites cannot even be used with the P207 as they don't have the correct drivers for the USB data cable. It's only found on the CD-Rom that comes with the OEM P207 data cable. I tried to use the other Samsung software from the other world websites and they don't work properly with the P207. In fact one of them asks for a Password to access the phone, but still doesn't show any folders to upload/download from due to it isn't suppose to be accessed.

My guess is Cingular had Samsung lock out them so that the customer would only get the data cable and software from them.

Got to hand it to Samsung for making their phones hard to hack, unlike Motorola whose phones can be by any teenager with easily available software and guides to do it.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score

samsung p207"offline"in easy gprs

need some help. i have everything installed for this program to work,but it will not read my phone. it just says offline where the sgh-p207 is suspose to be. I got a cable off ebay that had its own software.

Feedback Score

data cable

do i need to get a data cable that has the data switch on it? or can i buy this one?http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-DATA-CHARGIN...QQcmdZViewItem

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punkgirl
    do i need to get a data cable that has the data switch on it? or can i buy this one?http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-DATA-CHARGIN...QQcmdZViewItem
    The OEM one with the Data Switch will not work with the P207. I know as I have it for my other Samsungs that use it and it will not work with the P207. Even with the drivers that came with the File Manager CD-Rom for the P207, as the drivers are for the OEM USB data cable the P207 uses which is the same one for the D500/D600 PCB113BSE. The OEM Data cable with the data switch is a Serial COM port connector not a Universal Serial Bus (USB) connector.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 01-08-2006 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Thread merged

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punkgirl
    need some help. i have everything installed for this program to work,but it will not read my phone. it just says offline where the sgh-p207 is suspose to be. I got a cable off ebay that had its own software.
    How many new threads are you going to make? There is a thread already for the P207 and the USB Data cable problems for you to post in and or read about in the FAQ Section. In fact there are two of them to read about the problems with the P207 and the crippled firmware and the fact that the USB Data cable from Samsung is the only one to really work if at all.

Samsung P207 USB Data Cable Problems

Samsung P207 Questions & Answers Only
    Last edited by Moderator HF 18; 01-08-2006 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Thread merged

Device(s)
    Samsung E810
    Feedback Score

i need help

I just bought a USB data cable for my Samsung E-810, i am not sure how to install it. actually i install it already but when i put in my USB cable in the port drive. the message below does not appear. how to make it appear? if can, send me a private message here.
    Last edited by cutegirl19; 02-06-2006 at 12:56 AM. Reason: To let people reply faster.

Device(s)
    samsung e105
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Got my ringtones through email!

Hey guys,
    Putting the mp3 files in wav.rousso.net in the file cabinet and downloading them through your cellphone browser works!
    I edited a short 131kb mp3 file and uploaded it into the wav.rousso.net cabinet and used my p207 browser to log into my rousso account, went into file cabinet and chose the file I wanted.

Device(s)
    LGVX 6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone help. I am looking for a USB data cable driver for a samsung A850. It has to be for a MAC. Can't find one anywhere.

Device(s)
    Samsung D900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Jongmin, when i'm trying to install my USB driver, it says that they couldn't find 'ser2pl.sys'. I can't continue my installation without that...what do i do??

Device(s)
    W890i
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    i believe that is using the prolific chipset driver

Device(s)
    Samsung D900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

NEED HELP connecting Samsung P207 onto my computer!

Ok i know i've heard alot of forums about P207 and USB Cable problems.
    I just want to know simple steps and instructions i need to do to connect my cellphone onto my computer AND the PIMS software.
    I have a Samsung E630 Data Cable and a P207 cellphone. PLease HELP!

Device(s)
    W890i
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast