Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: E815 V710 Pic Server for download

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

E815 V710 Pic Server for download

If you have edited the seem on your E815 or V710 to enable the Pix Message Setup > Server Info option, and you have access to web space that supports PHP, then you ought to like my MMS PHP Pic Server.

I had posted this many months ago. But my pic server has gone thru a lot since then, and that thread is just way too long.
    Plus I think it is more appropriate in this forum - it doesn't seem like you can put in the full pic server url with any other Verizon phone anyway.

You can see what it looks like at the demo page I have:
    www.humpa.com/humpa_mms
    You can test that demo page by sending a pic here:
    http://www.humpa.com/humpa_mms/send.php
    And you can download the humpa_mms.zip from here:
    http://www.humpa.com/downloads/index.php?humpa_id=7#h7

On your V710/E815, this is how you want to set up your PIX Message Setup > Server Info menu:
    Service Name: Whatever
    Server Name: http://www.humpa.com/humpa_mms/send.php
    Web Session Name: VZW (you can use VZW here and you still will not be charged 25cents, and you don't need Mobile Web either)

This should work with any phonecam phone where you can use your Pic Server URL in the phone's settings
    If you use a caption with the pic, it will show too.
    I have the script customized for pics, 3g2 Video files, and mp3 or midi audio files - but any media files that you can send via MMS will be saved!
    It also works with multiple attachments in a single MMS message.

If you put an email address in the To field, your MMS message should get forwarded to that address (complete with all attachments).

All customizable variables are now only in the config.php - but it should work without any modifications (so you might want to test it before changing anything!).

There is also a style.css that you can edit to change the colors, text, etc ..

Thumbnails are used on the main index page for all your images (the thumbnails are cached in the cache directory).
    You will need PHP installed with the GD library, or you will have errors instead of thumbnails. The GD library is pretty standard though.
    Video and audio files will be displayed as well, of course.

All media files/MMS attachments are saved to the media folder.

For more info, check out the whole readme file and download it from here:
    http://www.humpa.com/downloads/index.php?humpa_id=7#h7

I know many are confused my the Send to PIX Place vs Send as Message option, and whether or not you'll get charged 25cents.
    Well, here is a quote of mine on that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    If you have a default E815/V710, then no matter what you do, your MMS messages are going to Pix Place. Even if you send the MMS message to [email protected], it still goes to the Pix Place server. The Pix Place server then parses out the MMS message, and seeing that you have [email protected] in there, Pix Place will then reformat the MMS as an email and forward it to her.
    This costs 25cents.

Now, if you've done the appropriate seem edit to a V710/E815, then you have an extra menu. You can then go to Message Center > Message Settings > PIX Message Setup > Server Info > and in this menu you can create new Pic Server entries. You can save up to three separate Pic Server locations, or simply Edit the existing Verizon one. Once you change the URL (which is called Server Name in the menu), you will NO LONGER be charged 25cents when you send a pic message.
    Verizon only charges 25cents for messages that make it to their URL/script - their pic server script keeps track of who sends MMS messages, and how many they send. So, If no messages from your phone go to their pic server script, then you do not get charged.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score

Image Manipulation Script

I know a bunch of you are using my pic server already, so here is an image processing script that you can try out on your Humpa MMS pic server.

I posted this on the other thread, but I'm posting it here too.

I have written an image processing script to go along with the Humpa MMS PHP Pic Server: www.humpa.com/downloads/edit_pic.zip

I need someone(s) with Image Magick installed on their web server to give this a try.
    Just upload the edit.php and the index_edit.php to your "delete" folder of humpa_mms. You may have to edit the path to Image Magick convert - edit the edit.php file and you will see this at the top:
    $convert_path = "/usr/local/bin/convert"; this is the default path, and probably doesn't need to be changed
    Then just point your browser to delete/index_edit.php and click on the Edit Pic link on one of your pics.

This is a really cool script, and if you have Image Magick you are going to love it. You can do an auto-levels, unsharp mask, and anything else available to Image Magick.
    An original copy of your pic is still saved (and you can revert back to it at anytime), but your edited pic will be the one everyone sees when they view your humpa_mms pics - and NO editing of the original humpa_mms files is needed!!!!

I don't want to provide a demo page of this, because of the extra server load it could cause. That's why I have you put the files in the delete folder, so htaccess will password protect the script.

Let me know if this works for you, and if anyone can post a demo page of it, then that'd be nice.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 Never Been Happier!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless!!
    Feedback Score
    excellent!!!
    DUN Enabled w/desktop & laptop
    mp3's/pics in & out E815 at will w/MPT
    Free Wap w/ Customized Homepage
    Free Pix Place Server
    VIDEOS! MP3's! Pics! Galore!!!

Go Motorola! E815!!!

MirrorMirror On The Wall, What Is The Most Fairest Cellphone Of All.

Device(s)
    Krzr with Telus FW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    lol did my pm remind you of the pic server script?

Device(s)
    Sprint - 800W - Work
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Personal
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm, Can't get ImageMagik script to to work with Win32 binary. Changed path to the root of ImageMagik where "convert.exe' is. I just get a blank page. Has anyone tried on Win32 Apache server?

/sigh. Dusts off old Fedora box....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by creasemonkey
    Hmmm, Can't get ImageMagik script to to work with Win32 binary. Changed path to the root of ImageMagik where "convert.exe' is. I just get a blank page. Has anyone tried on Win32 Apache server?

/sigh. Dusts off old Fedora box....
    Did you try using the path to convert.exe itself?
    $convert_path = "c:/path_to/imagemagick/convert.exe";

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Humpa,

I am also having a little trouble with the ImageMagick script (though I'm sure it's my fault ). Anyway I'm using the script on a Windows server and I edited the convert path to the appropriate install directory ($convert_path = "C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16/convert.exe"; ) and the edit page for my pics show up with all the options, except when I go to hit Preview it doesn't create a preview pic, and therefore not allow me to sumbit the changes.

Any ideas? I also updated to your new MMS Server with zero issues so I'm content if I can't get this extra goodie working.

TIA,

Robert

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabluest
    Humpa,

I am also having a little trouble with the ImageMagick script (though I'm sure it's my fault ). Anyway I'm using the script on a Windows server and I edited the convert path to the appropriate install directory ($convert_path = "C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16/convert.exe"; ) and the edit page for my pics show up with all the options, except when I go to hit Preview it doesn't create a preview pic, and therefore not allow me to sumbit the changes.

Any ideas? I also updated to your new MMS Server with zero issues so I'm content if I can't get this extra goodie working.

TIA,

Robert
    Maybe it is the space in Program Files?
    I don't have much experience with windows servers.
    But I do have the xampp package of apache/php/etc running on my XP laptop. So I just installed imagemagick on it.
    I used a folder without spaces, just in case. It seems to work for me, I edited nothing but this in the edit.php:
    $convert_path = "D:/imagemagick/ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16/convert.exe";

BTW, it works a hell-of-a-lot faster on my thinkpad than it does at humpa.com .. must be the zillion MB's of ram.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow! Good Guess!

It was indeed the space in Program Files that was the culprit. Reinstalled to the root of my C: Drive and it's working beautifully now.

Thanks again!

Robert

Feedback Score
    Great script!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
    Webmaster @
    Shr00mServer's Nextel Resources
    http://www.shroomserver.org/

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is still awesome.
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I have written an image processing script to go along with the Humpa MMS PHP Pic Server.
    It is now included in the download, or you can get the extra files here: www.humpa.com/downloads/edit_pic.zip

This is a really cool script, and if you have Image Magick you are going to love it. You can do an auto-levels, unsharp mask, and anything else available to Image Magick.
    An original copy of your pic is still saved (and you can revert back to it at anytime), but your edited pic will be the one everyone sees when they view your humpa_mms pics - and NO editing of the original humpa_mms files is needed!!!!
    I have a Demo set up for the Edit Pic page! (from that page, click on any thumbnail, and click on the Edit Pic link!)

This is the normal Edit Pic page. But to save on my server's load, some of the options are simple grayed out.
    www.humpa.com/humpa_mms/edit_demo
    You can use the Auto Levels though.

Device(s)
    Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    im sorry but im having alot of trouble with this, i have no clue how to set this up, i have my own website through geocities, which i use as my home page for wap, can i use that same site just creating a new page and upload all of the files in your .zip onto that page, would that allow me to use that webpage as a server for my pics or am i going in the wrong direction, i have a thephonecam.com account but i dont want my pics being displayed to everyone, im sorry for asking soo many questions but im stumped

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Italysfinest327
    im sorry but im having alot of trouble with this, i have no clue how to set this up, i have my own website through geocities, which i use as my home page for wap, can i use that same site just creating a new page and upload all of the files in your .zip onto that page, would that allow me to use that webpage as a server for my pics or am i going in the wrong direction, i have a thephonecam.com account but i dont want my pics being displayed to everyone, im sorry for asking soo many questions but im stumped
    As long as geocities supports php and doesn't put banner ads on all your pages.
    Some of the free sites will cause a banner ad to be displayed on all your webpages. If a banner ad is displayed when you try and view the send.php, then the phone may fail to upload.

Try it out. Just create a new directory on your site, name it mms (or anything you like) and upload all the files from the zip to that mms folder.
    ... and just follow the install instructions in the readme.txt

Device(s)
    Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    i cant figure this out using geocities, i tried the phonecam and that gave me this error:

what do u use to host your website, something like godaddy.com, etcc.. im really a big time noob when it comes to anything with php, websites, hosting...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast