Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorolas i870 FAQ

Device(s)
    iPhone (ASAP)
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    thats a nice pic the 870 takes there compared to the 860. impressive danimsta
    IsolationStudios.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaFan
    I figured I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread (what a concept ) Hopefully someone will be able to answer it..

Anybody with an 870 try to use the Phonenook manager to load contacts? I'm trying to find a way aside from a sim copier or paying for the address book service from Nextel to move my contacts over from my 860 to the 870 when I get it. The 870 FAQ from MOTO says that bluetooth can move contact entries. Any specific software needed for that?
    Here you go. http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/...anizer_upd.jsp

Device(s)
    MODDED 730
    Feedback Score
    whywhen i load mp3s as ringers on my 870 they dont show up in the ringtoines section, but they are in the media center, icant assign them as ringtones for some reason....also, im using webjal

thanx in advance

Device(s)
    BB 8830WE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What format are the MP3's in and how long, cause that'll suck if you can't have a 128bit MP3 as a ringer

Device(s)
    Q9c
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaFan
    I figured I'd ask this here instead of making a new thread (what a concept ) Hopefully someone will be able to answer it..

Anybody with an 870 try to use the Phonenook manager to load contacts? I'm trying to find a way aside from a sim copier or paying for the address book service from Nextel to move my contacts over from my 860 to the 870 when I get it. The 870 FAQ from MOTO says that bluetooth can move contact entries. Any specific software needed for that?
    If you look under the connection options in phonebook manager you'll notice 3 options, Serial, USB, & Bluetooth!! But unless you have a bluetooth adaptor for you pc the USB cord wil be the way to go.

Edit: My bad the bluetooth connection is for the media downloader.
    Last edited by Iden Doctor; 10-26-2005 at 11:32 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Ok I know have to ask this several times before some answers, but does anyone knows if the i870 mms messaging is the same as the i930??? And I will repeat this til I get a answer before Monday..
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Device(s)
    bb 7520
    Feedback Score
    dont' know if there's anyone that can answer this question without it being speculation but will the 870 support widen when it comes out?

and for that matter when the hell is widen actually gonna come out? woudl be a nice suprise if sprint rolled it out at the same time as EVDO (next month)
    caNNon sayz: Nextel... i'm hooked like cooked crakk!

Device(s)
    Q9c
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhiyanxx
    dont' know if there's anyone that can answer this question without it being speculation but will the 870 support widen when it comes out?
    If you read the FAQ that is linked in the first post which is the reason for this thread you will see that it in fact does support WIDEN.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tDAWG
    Ok I know have to ask this several times before some answers, but does anyone knows if the i870 mms messaging is the same as the i930??? And I will repeat this til I get a answer before Monday..
    I mean anyone with a i870 can answer this........

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Atrix HD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (postpaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhiyanxx
    and for that matter when the hell is widen actually gonna come out? woudl be a nice suprise if sprint rolled it out at the same time as EVDO (next month)
    I thought WiDEN was already out... There's a coverage map for it here. The rollout is indeed pathetic, but I can tell you it's active in the Kansas City Metro area.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiralSlash
    I thought WiDEN was already out... There's a coverage map for it here. The rollout is indeed pathetic, but I can tell you it's active in the Kansas City Metro area.

Yes its active but the phone havent been enabled to accept it.

Device(s)
    7100i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    is this something that will cost extra $$$ if you buy the 870 930 or BB 7520 or 7100?

or will the data access packs for those customers include the widen?

Device(s)
    MODDED 730
    Feedback Score
    for any of those with newer cars....i have a 2005 bmw x5, and just found out it has bluetooth, sure enough, i searched for it with my 870, linked them, and i gotta say its the coolest thing ever. ill be listening to my ipod, or cd whatever, when i get a call, it stops whatever i was listening to and my ringer goes off through my stereo system and i can talk to the person through it, everything is so crystal clear is ridiculous, it uploads my phonebook too, and displays all my contacats on my navigation screen.............i was so happy to find this out, also i was able to have my 870 connect with my mac laptop and transfer information through that, and able to get internet using my 870 as it connection. never loved bluetooth so much

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonban237
    for any of those with newer cars....i have a 2005 bmw x5, and just found out it has bluetooth, sure enough, i searched for it with my 870, linked them, and i gotta say its the coolest thing ever. ill be listening to my ipod, or cd whatever, when i get a call, it stops whatever i was listening to and my ringer goes off through my stereo system and i can talk to the person through it, everything is so crystal clear is ridiculous, it uploads my phonebook too, and displays all my contacats on my navigation screen.............i was so happy to find this out, also i was able to have my 870 connect with my mac laptop and transfer information through that, and able to get internet using my 870 as it connection. never loved bluetooth so much
    How did u use the i870 as the modem for your laptop thru bluetooth? My laptop has bluetooth so i always wanted to do this. Do you need a special nextel data plan for this or can it be done thru tekniwap or something.

Device(s)
    i930
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

I870???

When Will the I870 Be released?
    If you know can you please post it asap... Thank you

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast