Thread: TracFone Remote Menu Update: Rapid Refill

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

TracFone Remote Menu Update: Rapid Refill

Anybody see the new rapid refill? You can redeem airtime through your phone without using a PC through your phone's menus. Does anybody know how they pushed this out to the phones OTA? I know it couldn't have been a firmware update since nobody does firmware OTA yet. I didn't believe it would work on older phones, but low and behold I looked today at two Motorolas, both had the feature and have been active for over a year.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium
    Feedback Score
    I think it's built into all CDMA and GSM models and all that was needed was some codes inputted into the phone to turn the feature on. Probably when the phones came out Trac wasn't ready for Rapid Refill with that service\at all but knew they were going to do it, then all they had to do when they got the service ready was to give the phone owners the right codes and voila no more steenking website to go through
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iansltx
    I think it's built into all CDMA and GSM models and all that was needed was some codes inputted into the phone to turn the feature on. Probably when the phones came out Trac wasn't ready for Rapid Refill with that service\at all but knew they were going to do it, then all they had to do when they got the service ready was to give the phone owners the right codes and voila no more steenking website to go through
    Hmm... I see. You must be right. That's the only explanation.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, s9+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    My v60ic does not have rapid refill even though its been refilled about 30 times already. My 2600 has it.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    HTC i-Mate SP5m, Samsung CU320(3G Data Device), Motorola V557, Nokia 6620, Sharp Hiptop 1(unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    1. Pacific Bell Mobile Services GSM and ATTWS TDMA\GSM
    Feedback Score
    My 1100 has had it cents i got it (oct '04) its a nifty feature

Device(s)
    LG
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (Verizon), Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile U.S.)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson
    My v60ic does not have rapid refill even though its been refilled about 30 times already. My 2600 has it.
    Next time you activate a refill card for that phone via TracFone's web site, the codes displayed afterwards, should open up that menu selection on the Prepaid menu, if the phone itself is capable of receiving units over the air. Otherwise, if it doesn't, then you would have to add units for that phone via the web site all the time.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    so are they Basically they are tring to get rid of promo codes

Device(s)
    LG
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you have a valid promotional code, you can certainly use it via the Redeem Airtime selection on the Prepaid menu.

Simply input the PIN number from the refill card, then the 5-digit promo code right after it, without spaces and press OK.

Once this is done, the phone must be left powered on, so that it can receive the units.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, s9+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    I'm betting that when you request an instant refill, the phone sends specific account data to their server, which validates your remaining minutes, etc. If you hacked the phone and/or entered codes you "found" on some hacking sites, you could find yourself in a heap of trouble.

Device(s)
    LG
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In agreement with dmarkson.

When I recently transferred units from a soon-to-expire GSM phone, to a CDMA phone with one year of service on it, the representative asked me for the Parameter 30 information from the GSM phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP
    In agreement with dmarkson.

When I recently transferred units from a soon-to-expire GSM phone, to a CDMA phone with one year of service on it, the representative asked me for the Parameter 30 information from the GSM phone.
    They always check your minutes whenever they can. Sometimes they even make you enter the checksum code into the phone and tell them the checksum result number on the website after you refill your phone.

Device(s)
    LG
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Last week, I added 100 units (plus 20 bonus units) to a CDMA TracFone (Nokia 2285), via the web site. The codes provided also opened up the Redeem Airtime selection on the phone afterwards.

After completing the input of the codes, the site indicated it added the 100 units plus 20 bonus units. A couple of screens later, it prompted for the Parameter 30 information, which was provided.