Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question about VZW hiring process

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score

Question about VZW hiring process

I got a call today from someone at verizon wireless about a job. She wanted me to come in for an interview but then when i asked her about the hiring process she started acting funny.

I also asked how long would it be before i knew something either way and she said she didnt know. I asked if it would be longer than a month and she said she didnt know.

Is verizon always this unprofessional? I mean she couldnt even answer any questions really
    I'm an atari wanna play with my joystick?

My Feedback
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=627646

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterdamRave
    I got a call today from someone at verizon wireless about a job. She wanted me to come in for an interview but then when i asked her about the hiring process she started acting funny.

I also asked how long would it be before i knew something either way and she said she didnt know. I asked if it would be longer than a month and she said she didnt know.

Is verizon always this unprofessional? I mean she couldnt even answer any questions really
    The hiring process takes a long time. Expect it to take anywhere from 1 to 3 months.

Sounds as if they don't want to commit themselves to a timeline. And she really doesn't know how long it would take.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't want to work for a company that is so clueless. Hope things work out for you though.

Device(s)
    LG 8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was recently hired as a full time RSR. I submitted my resume online, and a manager contacted me promptly. I had two interviews - one with the manager of the store and a senior rep, and the other with a higher up. I wasn't really sure of the person's exact title. Total time was about 9 days from the initial call to the job offer.

Overall I was impressed with the interview process and the professionalism of everyone involved. Not sure if it always goes that smooth.

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iGlenn
    The hiring process takes a long time. Expect it to take anywhere from 1 to 3 months.

Sounds as if they don't want to commit themselves to a timeline. And she really doesn't know how long it would take.
    Well if that's true then that is ridicilous do they honestly think someone would wait 3 months?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well if that's true then that is ridicilous do they honestly think someone would wait 3 months?
    I would just tell them to remove your name from consideration for the position because you can't wait around that long. If they really want to hire you, that will cause them to move it along quicker.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I agree, it's ridicilous. But many people do wait that long.

Device(s)
    Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leduc
    I would just tell them to remove your name from consideration for the position because you can't wait around that long. If they really want to hire you, that will cause them to move it along quicker.
    I wouldn't want my name removed from consideration. I would just continue to pursue other opportunities.

Feedback Score
    I've got an 'interview' this week and I really want to work at VZ, but I hope that it doesn't take 1-3 months. That's not good. I hate my current job...wait, I like saying that...I HATE my current job and I cant wait to quit. Maybe I'll tell the interviewer about my awesome numchuck skills and they'll hire me on the spot!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It depends on position. If they are hiring a group of ppl and want everyone to be trained in a class together then it might take a month or two to compile. Worst case scenario you interview and keep looking. If you find something better before they get back to you then just decline.

My experience from online resume submission to hire date was 2 weeks.

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I told them to take my name off the list because the woman sounded like she had no clue. She gets rude towards me because she doesnt understand why i dont want to wait i tell her because i would like to start work before April 15th

Bigger companies than verizon seem to be able to hire people alot faster. Oh well

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Wow this gets Wackier and Wackier the women who called me about the postition isnt even a manager. Shes just a Secetary or something because the store manager called me and asked me why i cancelled.

He told me its a week turn around time :-)

Feedback Score
    Quick Question...

I have my interview this week and I have to bring a resume. Would you list say your most current jobs or your most relevant jobs for the position you are applying for?

The reason I ask is that I am currently a realtor, but I just more or less went through the schooling, got licensed and signed on at a company and then I never really did anything with it. I was broke and had to get a job to support myself.

I'm afraid that if I list this on the my resume it will do more bad then good because I never did anything with it. I know I'll have to list it on my application, but I dont know if I should on my resume.

Device(s)
    Samsung M510,Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel,SPCS,Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I would say list all jobs with focus on the ones that apply to this postition. Because otherwise there will be a gap in employment you will have to explain

Feedback Score
    do they do part time?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast