Thread: help identifying a phone!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola v3 Razr T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

help identifying a phone!!!

i was going through some of my spare parts and came across a main board for what looks like a v551 but im not sure ... if someone can help me identify this unit it would be greatly appreciated so i can reflash the phone for further testing

The Units keypad lights up white

however the keypad itself(mainboards volume buttns flex cable, bad pic i know) says v550

but the actual mainboard looks like a v551/v330 or possibly a v635 series phone according to the diagrams shown on the testpoints page here
    http://www.smart-clip.com/testpoints..._V551_V635.php

so im stuck the white keypad throws me off...

just to note... i have tried to flash a v551 fw to it the external screen turns on and possibly the internal however they screen wont light up. so i was thinking to try another flash while im waiting for a new screen.

Device(s)
    Tmobile MDA/2GB MiniSD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anything from the Motorola V551 / V330 / V547 / V555 / V557 series is pretty much all the same.

Looks like V551 from the Cingular badging. You likely are having a ribbon cable problem, or even possible a magnetic hinge problem giving you a blank screen.
    My eBay Feedback

My HoFo Feedback

Device(s)
    Motorola v3 Razr T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    not actual housing it came with, i just threw together a cingular v551 front keypad and housing with a v400 back

yea i know the V551 / V330 / V547 / V555 / V557 series are all the same. but i was thinking it may be a v635 as well