Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorola V635 Vs Slvr L7 Vs Razr Vs PEBL

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Wink Motorola V635 Vs Slvr L7 Vs Razr Vs PEBL

Ok let me start off by saying this is my first post, however I have been using this forum for awhile, because of all the useful facts you guys provide, and for that I would like to say thank you.

I am getting a phone today, because I have waited to long. I have researched and narrowed down my choices to 4 phones.

1. Motorola V635 (It has everything, but maybe a little less "sexier" than the other phones). 1.23 megapixel camera

2. Motorola PEBL. I guesss the big thing about this is its looks. I like it. Some people hate it. However the issue with this may be its camera quality is lacking.

3. Motorola RAZR I like this because it's cheap right now, and very pocketable. However camera quality not the greatest, and everybody and their grandmamma's have it

4. Motorola SLVR L7. I personally like the look of this phone, but it is limited with it's camera quality. I dont think the price justifies the phone.

I guess I do want a phone with a good camera, and good looks. So I am basically wondering if there is a big difference with the camera on the V635 and the others. I am leaning towards V635..all comments are welcome.

So I am basically asking for your advice guys as to which phone I should get. You guys are the Motorola Phone Gurus, and any advice or imput you have to help me make a choice is greatly appreciated.

THANKS SO MUCH

Device(s)
    Motorola SLVR
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    im in the same boat as you, but im leaning towards the SLVR, just because its nice and small, and chances are noone i know will have one.

i hate buying a ne phone to only wait a month and all my friends got the same phone for half the price.

the camera is kind of bugging me aswell, but i have a digital camera, so its not too big of a deal.

Device(s)
    Samsung I8910HD 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    Man.. this is hard choice!!! I just love V635(i had one) but SLVR is sooo sexy... to abd for the camera!! (( V635 dosant have a verry GOOD camera.. so maybe SLVR migh be the right choice!! BTW.. i dont really like the other 2 phone u listed!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ya, but when your out, chances are your always going to have your phone on you, and your gonna want the camera to be decent. I seen the video on the razr, and it's pretty bad. Also, vga camera's are soon going to be extinct. Just my imput

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragewars_Sc
    Man.. this is hard choice!!! I just love V635(i had one) but SLVR is sooo sexy... to abd for the camera!! (( V635 dosant have a verry GOOD camera.. so maybe SLVR migh be the right choice!! BTW.. i dont really like the other 2 phone u listed!!
    Why didn't you like the camera on the v635? The pictures I have seen taken with it looked good. Its only 1.2MP anyway.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    any imput on the razr or the other phones?
    How's it going' preppy?" - AC Slater

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakmorrisbrick
    any imput on the razr or the other phones?
    I think the Razr is pretty decent now. The display seems alot clearer to me than other phones in the price range. Good loud ringtones, camera is ok for vga. Outerdisplay is a little small. I just can't justify paying for a phone with a vga camera and no memory card slot. If that doesn't bother you much then get the Razr
    Last edited by NefariousD; 01-17-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    so your saying the razr instead of the V635. The V635 is slightly cheaper has room for memory expansion, a better camera, but then again the looks aren't mind blowing. The razr is slimmer and camera quality is mediocre. As for SLVR and PEBL. I dont think they are worth the price. So basically I am down to 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakmorrisbrick
    so your saying the razr instead of the V635. The V635 is slightly cheaper has room for memory expansion, a better camera, but then again the looks aren't mind blowing. The razr is slimmer and camera quality is mediocre. As for SLVR and PEBL. I dont think they are worth the price. So basically I am down to 2
    I would choose v635 over Razr. Only reason I would hesitate is because insurance will not cover it. Im looking at gettng a v635 now. Im reading up on them now.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    What insurance?

Device(s)
    Samsung I8910HD 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousD
    Why didn't you like the camera on the v635? The pictures I have seen taken with it looked good. Its only 1.2MP anyway.

The quality of the pictures is bad to normal.. where D750 has a lot better quality! I dont mind the resolution.. i just hate the quality.. i belive they can and must get it better!!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Which phone's picture quality are you talking about? Also what is d750?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'd get a V3i. I've had all of the phones you listed above and the V3i is my favorite by far. The V635 is too "fat" imo and I don't like that antenna sticking out.

The SLVR is NOT THAT SMALL. When you hold one you will know what I'm talking about. Yes, it is thin, but it is too wide and tall IMO.

The Pebl is nice, and I would also recommend that phone.

V3 is outdated. Go for either the V3i or the pebl. You can't lose with either of those.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    well the v3i is nice and all, but if im gonna spend that much, I would rather have it in black, and you just know motorola is going to release a black version or a different color. PEBL is nice too, but why wouldn't you think that is outdated with a vga camera? I believe the v635 has edge, but your right to it is a little bulky.

Good point

Device(s)
    Motorola SLVR
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just went and bought a SLVR, hopefully ill like it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast