Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Getting "New" Media Net and Cingular Java programs on unbranded Motorola phones

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, LG CU575, LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    OK I'm not really sure what steps I have to take here but I just got my V3i and put all the MEdia settings in and everythine works but when i launch the browser my MEdia Net home page doesnt display correctly. Is there something in the phone I have to change to get it to display correctly?
    AT&T Unlimited Choice Enhanced w/ 3 Lines
    DirecTV Now w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My Broadband Service From Bright House (Old, not active)

My Wireless Hotspot From AT&T

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFranks
    It's merely a fix for the anal-retentive-phone-modder-hacker. HeeHee.
    Gee, I had to wait FOREVER for this fix...

In case y'all haven't noticed, MPT 4.21a is out and fixes the skin nicely...

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999
    OK I'm not really sure what steps I have to take here but I just got my V3i and put all the MEdia settings in and everythine works but when i launch the browser my MEdia Net home page doesnt display correctly. Is there something in the phone I have to change to get it to display correctly?
    Use the same settings from your slvr L7 and you'll be gtg!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, LG CU575, LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I had the settings sent to my phone from the Cingular website. I can access the internet and everything but MEdia Net home page doesnt display like it did on my L7. Like i cant select anything on the page

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Ok another Q. I've been trying to upload the Cingular certs, roots and j2me to my phone but everytime i upload i get "GERENIC FAILURE"?????? Why is that? And what do i change in seem 0117_0001 to make cingular think i have a phone they support.

**I have a V3i***

Device(s)
    Apple I-Phone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Ok another Q. I've been trying to upload the Cingular certs, roots and j2me to my phone but everytime i upload i get "GERENIC FAILURE"?????? Why is that? And what do i change in seem 0117_0001 to make cingular think i have a phone they support.

**I have a V3i***

V3

V3i

when motox comes back up you can dl the edited seem instead of doing it yourself if needed. Or I can add it to my folder for you if you want. This edit should not be needed much longer or when cingular introduces the V3i

Originally Posted by Cory949 A Lexus IS is a very nice Toyota Corolla and a Acura Integra is a very nice Honda Civic. Buy what you like! This is America!

Device(s)
    HTC 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Hey shorty d...make sure you dont have your memory card in the phone while using p2kman. Read this forum thuroughly. It will show you how to hex edit that seem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFranks
    Hey shorty d...make sure you dont have your memory card in the phone while using p2kman. Read this forum thuroughly. It will show you how to hex edit that seem.
    Having the memory card in the phone wont allow you to upload files in P2Kmsn?

Device(s)
    Apple I-Phone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Having the memory card in the phone wont allow you to upload files in P2Kmsn?

you got me, 1st ive ever heard of that...never take mine out, never had a problem.

Device(s)
    HTC 3125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It wouldn't let me. I got the same errors. I took the card out, then I could see the individual files in the right hand window. I uploaded the certs succesfully.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I still recieve the same error msg

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    So i used P2K Commander to upload all the certs file but i can for the life of me get the 0117_0001 seem to upload so it can recognize my phone as a V3

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So i used P2K Commander to upload all the certs file but i can for the life of me get the 0117_0001 seem to upload so it can recognize my phone as a V3
    I used MotoKit to change it.

Device(s)
    MOTORAZR V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    No, bobo, it can be fixed with a simple seem edit. I thought it was common knowledge how to do this. Someone else posted it a while ago, I think.

In any case, it's easy and here's what you do: you just have to set your phone's model number to one that Cingular supports. That information is stored in seem 0117_0001. If you change the info in that seem from V635 to V551, voila! You get the new MEdia Net page.

If you want to install java games you bought from MEdia Net (but why would you want to waste your money), you have to install the Cingular security certificates, which I have packaged for everyone's convenience into a ZIP. They get uploaded to the /a/mobile/certs/root/x509/kjava folder. Be sure to set the attrib to '4' after uploading.

Of course, if you use mobile phone tools, a V551 will show up as the skin. And your phone will be identified as such in P2Kman. But it doesn't do any harm other than that.
    Well I used pk2man and it seemed to have worked so far as allowing me to get to the new Media.Net page, but p2kman and MPT don't recognize my phone as the V557 I changed it to. I used p2kman to download the seem and then used Notepad to change it, could this be the problem? If so, what should I have used? Also even though I get the new Media.Net page I still can't download either games or ringtones. Should I be able to or is that a lost cause?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Cappy68; 06-19-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you even read the post before yours?

No downloading, no nothing. Just plug in the model in that you want to use and off you go with MotoKit.

Also note - a couple of us here are using V620 as our model and it works.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast