Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My list of compiled hacks & tips for the XV6700 Updated 8/22/06

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

My list of compiled hacks & tips for the XV6700 Updated 8/22/06

I quickly put together all the hacks I could find available for the XV6700 & thought I would share. I did not write any of these. They were copy and pasted together from many sources so use/try them at your own risk. Good luck XV6700 team!

What you will need to do most of these hacks is a Registry editor. You can download one of them here.
    -PHM Regedit
    - Regeditce http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/regeditce.shtml
    - Regking (http://www.cewindows.net/applications/regking.htm)

================================================== =============

Unbranded phone without any Verizon customization

Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Check out this link on the HF UT Starcom/Audiovox Forum

(thanks to Oleg106, with minor formatting edits)

"How to avoid Verizon customization, more memory & features.

This is actually pretty simple and does not require any hacks whatsoever.

What you will get:

'Unbranded' phone without any Verizon customization!

More memory, ~10MB more for me. The MMS package alone uses around 4MB.

No Verizon links, no EVDO, no bs.

You can still install the customizations later if you need any of them, I don’t.

More features. The phone application alone has like 4 new services to play with.

Wifi & phone can be used at the same time, no need to edit the registry.
    Possibly obex and other crap Verizon took out.

Steps:

1. Hard reboot the phone. This is done by holding the two soft keys and pressing the reset button. Hit "Y" to continue.

2. Go through the screen calibration, zone and password screens.

3. When you get to the "Complete" blue screen where it asks you to tap to start using the device, put the stylus on the reset button but don't press it.

4. Tap on the screen. You will get a message saying that the OEM (Verizon) customizations will be installed on 3 seconds.

5. Hit reset as soon as you see the message and you're all set.

When the phone reboots you will have a fully functional 'unbranded' phone without all the garbage Verizon adds to it.

WiFi and phone can be used at the same time - there are no longer any locks. Obex may work as well, I have no way to test it. Also, you get some extra menu items here and there. Works flawlessly.

If you do need some of the crap Verizon installs, open up the Extended ROM partition and install it by clicking on the cabs. Don't run the remove. cab."

See linked thread for more information!

I did this on the VX6700 I have and it works great (no hacks required).

I did turn EVDO back on - very easy to do as noted below:

(modified from Xterra13)

"Steps:

1. Open Settings and select the Connections Tab.
    2. Click Connections.
    3. Add a new modem connection.
    4. Name the connection whatever you want.
    5. Select Cellular Line as the modem.
    6. Enter #777 as the number to dial.
    7. Enter User Name [email protected] and password vzw; leave domain blank. (Xterra13 suggested leaving all blank and the setting thru PIE).
    8. Click Finish.
    9. Go to Connections and select Advanced Tab.
    10. Click 'Select Networks'.
    11. Under Network Management, select 'My Work Network' in both slots.
    12. You may have to select Edit to make sure the EVDO Modem is selected."

If you did the unbranded phone hack and would like to access the extended rom to install just what you want. Follow the steps below

Quote Originally Posted by oleg106
    Accessing the extended ROM is easy, you just need to goto registry and change 2 keys to unhide it. When this is done, reset and you will see the Extended ROM in File Explorer. From there, you can run all the needed cabs. No need to run any ROM unlockers, files cannot be deleted from this partition so there is no risk of losing anything. Btw, the MMS stuff takes up like 5MB. I don't use it and see no reason to pay Verizon money to send these useless messages.

"How would i access the extended ROM cabs, etc. after removing the VZ stuff?" You are not removing anything, you're just not installing the customizations.

"Do you have "Device Lock" on the today screen after removing the VZ stuff?"
    Not sure what you mean by device lock. Everything works like it should.

Keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\AutoLoad\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "Bootphase"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
    "MountHidden"=dword:00000000

Change Start Menu Color

The registry Binary Value key that controls the font color on the start menu is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Color\39 and value for black is 00 00 00 00. Here are values for other colors: black = 00 00 00 00 red = FF 00 00 00 green = 00 FF 00 00 yellow = FF FF 00 00 blue = 00 00 FF 00 purple = FF 00 FF 00 White = FF FF FF 00

Registry Hack for keyboard LEDs

Open you registry editing program and go to: HKEY_Current_User, then go to Control Panel, then to Backlight, then at the bottom you'll see a key that says QKEYLED TIMEOUT.

Modify that key and change the D Word from 10 to whatever seconds you want. I have mine set for 60. After you make your change click ok, then do a soft reset. It works for me! 60 seconds seems to be for me the best setting, 10 seconds was way to short. Hope this helps!

Speed Up Your Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

WOW my Pocket PC is fast! I just bumped into an old registry tweak that I have yet to use o_n Windows Mobile 2003. A foreign site todopocketpc had mentioned this and I was surprised I had not used it o_n my new install. o_nce I applied this reg tweak I immediately saw a difference in how fast my Windows Mobile Pocket PC responded. Today plugins load faster my Games folder loads faster. Its just an overall better experience. I would highly suggest backing up your Pocket PC before you try this as playing with your registry can cause problems if you do not know what you are doing. Protect your Pocket PC BACKUP!

If you need a registry editor, you can find a free one at http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/regeditce.shtml

1. Open your registry editor o_n your Pocket PC
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    3. Change the value of 'limit' from 8192 to 32768
    4. Close registry editor and soft reset.

Registry tweak to store the Pocket Internet Explorer data on your Mini-SD

EDIT: The following post is a registry tweak to store the Pocket Internet Explorer data on your Mini-SD card instead of the internal storage. It currently results in a PocketIE error where it crashes and closes immediately after loading a page. Clearing the data using the options in PocketIE solves the problem temporarily.

ok here's what i've figured out...
    (i suggest backing up your registry before changing anything, as always)

find this key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Shell Folders\

3 values are here:

\Windows\Profiles\Guest\History
    \Windows\Profiles\Guest\Cookies
    \Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files

Create a folder on your storage card for all three and edit the values above:

I used:

\Storage Card\My Documents\IE\History
    \Storage Card\My Documents\IE\Cookies
    \Storage Card\My Documents\IE\Temporary Internet Files

After doing this, I ran PocketIE and browsed a few websites and it appears that the temporary files are now being stored on my storage card! Let me know how this works for you...

you should be able to clear your Windows\Profiles\Guest folder now...it had been saving my gmail login/pw and when i changed the registry to bounce it to the storage card, it no longer remembered...so it's not using these folders anymore.

My last question would be about the folder \Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 - but that folder, for me, appears to be only taking about 20kb.

good luck...let me know how this works for you guys.

edit: i just found that, after making these changes, if you go to clear your temporary internet files through pocketIE, it will clear the storage card folders...if you want to clear your windows/profiles folder (which you should, to get all that space back), either do it before making these changes, or do a soft reset and use file explorer to delete the files right afterwards.

yes. it can, you can use tweaks2k2, sktools or memmaid to do this for you, or if you are brave you can edit the registry yourself:

Quote:
    1. Make a cache directory on your (optimized) memory card. Let's call it, for example, 'cache' (its name is really irrevelant).
    2. go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

3. click Cache in the pane below (if you use any registry editor except Total Commander 2.0); it's highlighted in the following screenshot:

4. enter the new path instead of the old (\Windows\Profiles\guest\Temporary Internet Files); for example, \Storage Card\cache:

5. now, the updated value should be shown in the Cache value

Please note that you don't need to reset your device after modifying this value, contrary to what some people say.

I say soft reset anyways, just to be safe.

Enabling Dial Up Networking

1. Go to the PHONE application
    2. typed in ##3328873
    3. then hit send
    4. screen pops up with a Please Enter Unlock Code and a white box
    5. enter code 000000
    6. new window pops up Named "ESPT"
    7. There are two options that read diabled Enable WModem and BT DUN
    8. Highlight the the first item then click edit on the bottom
    9 Choose enable
    10 Hlight the the second item BT DUN then click edit on the bottom
    11. Choose enable
    7. Push Save / OK
    8. Push Ok
    9. follow the prompt to restart your device

after your VX7600 restarts launch "My Bluetooth Places" on your laptop
    then turn on blue tooth on your vx6700 by clicking Start / Settings / Connetions / Bluetooth/ check off Turn on Blue tooth and make my device discoverable

then click discover service in the my bluetooth place on your laptop pair the devices together.when done. The laptop will say found new device Dial Up Netwoking on BT Device.

drivers are there in Win XP I did not load any drivers to do this

Click connect

put in [email protected] for user name
    then vzw for the password
    and #777 in the dial box.

then clcik for all users.

then click remember setting and connect.

this is on my Win XP SP2 Laptop

did not do anything else except what is lised above to connect,,

once connected I did go in and do this on the VX6700

under /hklm/software/oem/wmodem/ wModemDUN I set that from 0 to 1

did not restart the unit or laptop.

Enable WIFI & Phone to work at same time

OK!!! heres the problem.

A lot of us want to be able to use phone and evdo at the same time.

1) Download PHM Regedit (search google for "phm regedit download")
    2) start phm regedit go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE>SERVICES>WirelessMGR
    3) Edit the key called mutexflag change the value from 1 to 0
    4) accept the changes close the program set you phone down and WAIT 15 minutes.
    5) reset phone by pushing the reset button on the bottom
    Now you can turn wifi and phone on at same time

Now for what you do to solve your problem with connecting on accident to EVDO
    1) go to START>Setting>Connections>Connections>Manage Existing Connections>
    2) push and hold on top of data network until the option delete pops up
    3) delete it NO MORE EVDO

Using Voice Command to open specific websites

I was wanting to use Voice Command to open a specific web site. For example I wanted to say "Open Weather" and it would go straight to my local forecast on www.weather.com.

To do it I:
    1. Opened internet explorer, found my local forecast and saved it as a favorite.
    2. Opened Windows Explorer and copied the internet shortcut I had created from the Windows\Favorites folder and pasted it in the Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.
    3. I renamed the shortcut to "Weather"

I can now use Voice Command to go directly to my forecast. Obiously this could be done with any website I visit on a regular basis (like ORB). I suppose if I create enough my programs folder will look pretty full, but with Voice Command I don't really care so much.

Vision duration (see how long you are connected to vision & disconnect button)

- Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    -Click ControlPanel
    - Click Phone
    - [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    - Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    - Select new dword value
    - Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    - Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    - Type 10
    - Click ok.
    - You should now see in the 'name/data' section:
    - Flags2 16 (0x00010)
    - When done, reset the device.

Speedup GLYPHCACE

-Note - users have had issues with this tweak
    1. Open your registry editor o_n your Pocket PC
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    3. Change the value of 'limit' from 8192 to 32768
    4. Close registry editor and soft reset.

Keyboard Leds

-HKEY_Current_User, then go to Control Panel, then to Backlight, then at the bottom you'll see a key that says QKEYLED TIMEOUT.
    - Modify that key and change the D Word from 10 to whatever seconds you want. I have mine set for 60. After you make your change click ok, then do a soft reset. It works for me! 60 seconds seems to be for me the best setting, 10 seconds was way to short. Hope this helps!

Always on Internet

users have issues with this - beware. (FYI does not work with vision duration edit above)
    -Change the "AlwaysOn" dword value from "0" to "1";
    - -- You may be asked for your Vision ID/PW. Just leave blank.
    - -- Warm Reset
    - HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Sprint PCS Vision]
    -"AlwaysOn"=dword:00000001
    - "RequirePw"=dword:00000001
    - "ConnectionGUID"="{8956986C-8ABE-ECBF-D48F-57F7DD6A7E6A}"
    - "SecureLevel"=dword:00000000
    - "Secure"=dword:00000000
    - "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    - "EntryType"=dword:00000000
    - "DestId"="***079757F-9357-4000-8305-9CA6B9B6CAEC}"

Moving PIE cache to SD card

Note: Some note this tweak results in a PocketIE error where it crashes and closes immediately after loading a page. Clearing the data using the options in PocketIE solves the problem temporarily.

- (i suggest backing up your registry before changing anything, as always)
    - find this key:
    -HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Shell Folders\
    - 3 values are here:
    - \Windows\Profiles\Guest\History
    - \Windows\Profiles\Guest\Cookies
    - \Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files
    - Create a folder on your storage card for all three and edit the values above:
    - I used:
    - \Storage Card\My Documents\IE\History
    - \Storage Card\My Documents\IE\Cookies
    - \Storage Card\My Documents\IE\Temporary Internet Files
    - After doing this, I ran PocketIE and browsed a few websites and it appears that the temporary files are now being stored on my storage card! Let me know how this works for you...
    - you should be able to clear your Windows\Profiles\Guest folder now...it had been saving my gmail login/pw and when i changed the registry to bounce it to the storage card, it no longer remembered...so it's not using these folders anymore.
    - My last question would be about the folder \Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 - but that folder, for me, appears to be only taking about 20kb.
    - good luck...let me know how this works for you guys.
    - Note: isome say, after making these changes, if you go to clear your temporary internet files through pocketIE, it will clear the storage card folders...if you want to clear your windows/profiles folder (which you should, to get all that space back), either do it before making these changes, or do a soft reset and use file explorer to delete the files right afterwards.
    Additional note:
    - tweaks2k2 has a tweak to change your registry type from HIVE to a file. so you wont run into these problems.

Make PIE look like version IE 6.0

(advert security check on websites) (Note: This can cause content problems. Esp. with video streams. You will get the following errors - Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play".)
    - Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
    - Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent \
    - Change the default value from "Mozilla/2.0" to "Mozilla/4.0".
    - Change the "Version" value from "MSIE 3.02" to "MSIE 6.0".
    - Change the "Platform" value from "Windows CE" to "Windows NT 5.1".
    - Some web sites may just compare the user agent string, but if this is not enough, browse to the Post Platform\ sub key and delete the "240x320" value that specifies screen size.

Setting MP3/WMA/WAV for rings tones

- Add media files into "\Windows\Rings\" folder
    - or
    -Use File Explorer and click and hold on media file and select "Set as Ringtone"
    - They will now be available in the phone preference section as well as the contact ringtone section.
    - Recommendation: Use only 15-20 second long clips for ringtones to save space.

Setting WMA/WAV for alerts

- Add WAV files into "\Windows\" Folder
    - They will now be available in the Settings>Sounds and Notifications section.
    - Recommendation: Use only 5-20 second long clips for Alerts to save space.

Avoid notification slow downs

- Fix that problem with Scary Bears Check Notifications. It has a utility that will check for and delete the duplicates. There is also a utility to check and delete duplicates at startup. I noticed a nice improvement with this program.
    - Or try:
    for those who hates the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS, this is the steps to remove the bubble notification...this is the STEP by STEP method to do it in case some of you guys dont get it right...
    1. First, you will need to download a Registry Editor to help you do it...
    a good one will be the freeware PHM Registry Editor
    or for those who got the Resco Explorer, you can use the Registry Editor that comes with it...
    2. using the Registry Editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox
    3. Next, click on Inbox (make sure the Inbox is highlighted) and select Edit, New Key
    4. Name the New Key as "Settings"
    5. Click on "Settings" (make sure the Settings is highlighted) and select Edit, New String Value
    6. On "Value name:", key in SMSNoSentMsg and in "Value data", key in 1
    7. Soft reset your device and test it with one SMS, and you will notice that the SMS Sent bubble is being disabled

Audible and Action Engine

- Using your computer or PPC, cruise on over the the Program Files section of your handheld. Next select the folders of Audible and Action Engine. Delete them.
    - Next, go to the "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\" Folder and delete the shortcuts to those programs.

SPB Pocket Plus & Resco File Explorer

- SPB Pocket Plus and Resco File Explorer are both awesome programs. Both have plugins that can reside on the Today screen.
    - both are EXTREME memory hogs tho, especially if you run both at the same time. unless you need to run the today screen plugins, i recommend you disable them in the Settings>Today>Items screen.

Clearing cache to improve space

When in IE: Menu...Tools...Options. Then hit the "Memory" tab and the "Delete Files" button.

Moving Notes to SD card (will no longer sync correctly)

- Notes/Menu/Options/Save to:/Storage Card.

Unwanted keypress

-Mortsaverpe-2.0 (if put soft-power button while on phone and using BT headset, unit will come back on at end of call. If in holster this often results in you calling the person back and them eves dropping on you! I assume this program makes sure this doesn't happen!)

SD card turning improvments
    http://pocketpcmag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17921
    Remove Speedtest files
    - If you're running a bunch of moblie speed tests, read this!
    - Some using Sprite's Space Detective to see how and where my RAM is being used. I just found about 18 mspeed files in my guest profile in the \Windows directory which don't need to be there. Each of them were 600K, so deleting 18 of these got my \Windows Directory down from 75Mb to 65Mb.

Soft reset without stylist
    - http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14504

Get rid of irritating popup keyboard

- NullKeyboard

Wallpapers

- Use 640x480 www.digitalblasphemy.com

VX6700 MP3 Ringtone From SD Card How-To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a work in progress. By doing the below steps you take responsibility of damaging your phone in to your own hands and will not hold me or anyone else liable. I have successfully done this on my phone but have not had enough time to experiment thoroughly.

Requirements:
    - SD Card Preloaded With MP3
    - Windows Mobile/Pocket PC Registry Editor (Google "PHM RegEdit Download")

Steps:

1) Locate the full path of the ring tone you want to use on your SD card. You can do this either via your PC through ActiveSync Explore or via the Windows Mobile File Explorer. An example path would be "\Storage Card\My Music\File Name.mp3".

2) Launch your registry editor on the VX6700.

3) Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds"

4) From here you can choose what event you want to assign an MP3 to by selecting the next branch in the registry. An example is the "RingTone0" folder. This is for the standard incoming call ring tone.

5) Assuming you chose RingTone0, you will then need to create or modify a String Value (Edit > New String Value to create) with a value name of "Sound". So the full path would be "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\S o und" in our example.

6) Set the Value Data for the "Sound" to the full path you chose in Step 1. In this example it would be "\Storage Card\My Music\File Name.mp3" (without quotes).

7) Hit the OK button and hit Yes to any prompts to save this change.

Thats it. The change should take immediately with no reboot required. I have noticed if you go into your Phone > Options screen it may not let you out again unless you choose a ring tone located in your phone itself, so avoid that at all cost.

Enabling network time synchronization

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting
    change HiddenTimeSync Page to 0

After making the change then go into settings / phone / services / Time Synchronization / get settings and enable network synchronization.

How to: change Voice Codec (VOCODER) from EVRC to 13k on xv6700

First dial ##778
    Tap on "Edit"
    Enter Unlock Code 000000
    Tap on arrow to upper left hand of screen to reveal drop down menu where it says "Display"
    Select "CDMA Settings"
    Click and hold on the "EVRC Enabled" line under the Settings column
    Select "Edit"
    Switch to "Disabled"
    Then press "ok"
    Click and hold on the "Home Page" line under the Settings column
    Select "Edit"
    Switch to "Voice 13k"
    Repeat for "Home Orig" and "Roam Orig"

I dont know of any problems with this yet, as I just did it, but again, do it at your own risk. I just know it made my e815 sound amazing and I want that kind of quality out of this phone too. Let me know if you have any other changes to this or if I did something wrong. And post if it worked for you!
    Last edited by Moderator HF 9; 08-22-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    Keep on rocking in the free world!

If you think my post is helpful, please click the star in the bottom left to add to my reputation

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You forgot mine...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=830265

VX6700 MP3 Ringtone From SD Card How-To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a work in progress. By doing the below steps you take responsibility of damaging your phone in to your own hands and will not hold me or anyone else liable. I have successfully done this on my phone but have not had enough time to experiment thoroughly.

Requirements:
    - SD Card Preloaded With MP3
    - Windows Mobile/Pocket PC Registry Editor (Google "PHM RegEdit Download")

Steps:

1) Locate the full path of the ring tone you want to use on your SD card. You can do this either via your PC through ActiveSync Explore or via the Windows Mobile File Explorer. An example path would be "\Storage Card\My Music\File Name.mp3".

2) Launch your registry editor on the VX6700.

3) Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds"

4) From here you can choose what event you want to assign an MP3 to by selecting the next branch in the registry. An example is the "RingTone0" folder. This is for the standard incoming call ring tone.

5) Assuming you chose RingTone0, you will then need to create or modify a String Value (Edit > New String Value to create) with a value name of "Sound". So the full path would be "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\S o und" in our example.

6) Set the Value Data for the "Sound" to the full path you chose in Step 1. In this example it would be "\Storage Card\My Music\File Name.mp3" (without quotes).

7) Hit the OK button and hit Yes to any prompts to save this change.

Thats it. The change should take immediately with no reboot required. I have noticed if you go into your Phone > Options screen it may not let you out again unless you choose a ring tone located in your phone itself, so avoid that at all cost.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 9; 02-02-2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Hilbe

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    This is great VZW E! Can we get this stickied?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    started with MetroCell in the early 90s,
    Feedback Score
    Great list! Thanks VZW E! Do you know by any chance how to increase the volume of the ring tones? I cannot hear my phone ring a few times because the volume is low as compare to regular cell phone, and it is not adjustable.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Wow....great info E. Just a side not......Mobile 5 OS allows data interupt without any modification. This works only in EVDO areas, but just wanted to be sure others knew. I understand your tweak involved both working at the same time, but many think with Mobile5 if you are in a data session and a call comes in it goes to voice mail, which is not the case.
    Freedom Isn't Free

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    started with MetroCell in the early 90s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilbe
    I want to pass on this information to warn everybody.

I read this thread and went ahead to google for the PHM RegEdit. But be REAL CAREFUL on the words that you use to google. I used "PHM RegEdit Download" as suggested. The first link was broken at the download page. Then I logically went to the 2nd link. Oh, am I in for a big surprise? This FreewarePPC.com has some very nasty popups that won't go away!!! I have to use Task Manager to kill them.

Then I changed my wording to "download PHM RegEdit" and I got a different set of links to safer sites.

Hope this information can benefit someone.

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sticky added. Please PM HF 6, HF 19, or Myself if you want to make changes.
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320 Titanium (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wonderful stuff. has anybody figured how to get the clock to set the network time rather than messing with it by hand, on the 6700, that annoys me that it doesn't sync itseld.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirclown82
    wonderful stuff. has anybody figured how to get the clock to set the network time rather than messing with it by hand, on the 6700, that annoys me that it doesn't sync itseld.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here's a couple more...

Get rid of the delivery acknowledgement txt you receive after you send a text... (not the popup, but the actual text coming back through saying the msg was delivered)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS
    change "delivery ack" from 1 to 0. Now no more stupid delivery confirmation text msgs clogging up your inbox. Note that this sms is only received when you send an sms to another VZW user.

Change PIE's cache size instead of moving to miniSD (great if you don't have a card)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content
    Change "CacheLimit" to whatever you choose. I have mine set @ 2048 (2MB).. By default it's @ 14MB!?!? No wonder memory just seems to vanish at the drop of a hat.

Change softkeys on "Today" screen
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\keys\112 -- left
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\keys\113 -- right
    You may not have a 113, but you can just make the 113 identical to 112 and change the "open" command. The value for "Default" controls what is displayed on the screen. For those curious, messaging is "tmail.exe".

Device(s)
    Droid X MB810
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    Change softkeys on "Today" screen
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\keys\112 -- left
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\keys\113 -- right
    You may not have a 113, but you can just make the 113 identical to 112 and change the "open" command. The value for "Default" controls what is displayed on the screen. For those curious, messaging is "tmail.exe".
    Is there a way to assign a speed dial number to one of the softkeys? I can't for the live of me figure this one out. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Clock SYnc Mod does not work

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic

I have tried this registry hack and the clock still does not sync with network time. Am I missing anything?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320 Titanium (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    same thing here with that hack

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Until VZW gets LTE here
    Feedback Score
    Did you bother to go into settings / phone / services / Time Synchronization / get settings and turn it on??? lol. Then it works fine.
    For all your gardening needs!

Magic Growing

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcalidave
    Did you bother to go into settings / phone / services / Time Synchronization / get settings and turn it on??? lol. Then it works fine.
    I have no setting labeled 'Time Synchronization' within settings/phone/services. Anyone else?

Are you sure you're using an XV6700?

'

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast