Device(s)
    I855
    Carrier(s)
    Mirs
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ferny007
    does anyone of you guys know if the i830 is Direct Talk Capable???????
    not capable

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR2 (V9m)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (USCC Flashed)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are i710s and i90s DT capable with this method?

Device(s)
    i90c
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel You SILLY FOOL!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mike4375 View Post
    By changing the phone number in the "my info" in the menu I was able to create a "digital" off network two-way network for my company. I assigned a new two digit number replacing the 10 digit cell phone number Nextel puts in. We use over 35 of the phones in our facility. I can key up a user by dialing there new 2 digit number rather than having to deal with the phone book or remembering a old 10 digit number. None of the phones are activated, they all were bought off ebay, so the system is basically a free "digital" two-way radio system. So far we have got better range then our uhf Motorola business two-ways. Plus we get the added bonus of being able to key up 1 user privately, instead of every user on the channel being able to listen in like with our Uhf radios. I also recently discovered that phones on the same channel with different codes can still talk by using the private talk feature (typing the users 10 digit number in or 2 in my case). I have began to place different departments on different codes. This allows for more available air time for each department but still allows users from different departments to contact each other by using the private talk feature or switching to the code of that dept. I tried to type this all out as logical as possible if you have any questions just let me know. Has anyone been able to figure out the frequencies that direct talk uses.
    9 years later and still useful information. I am using i425 units though.

BUMP!!!!

If you haven't already visited insider, it's because you have no penis and or testicles.

Device(s)
    i90c
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel You SILLY FOOL!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronASB View Post
    9 years later and still useful information. I am using i425 units though.

BUMP!!!!
    Bumpity bump dump!

5 more years and still using directalk and mototalk for SHTF coms.

I got about 20 x i425 and 5 x i365 with fixed antenna just about doubles the range of the i425.

Also I use cs750 DMR 4w UHF with ham license which gets UNLIMITED obviously trunked into the net.

Anyone else still using mototalk?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2