Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: symbian or windows?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    I'd say it would only be fair to compare Symbian with Smartphone Edition and not Pocket PC, since PPC is truely in a different class. Also Pocket PC will handle email much better (Direct Push) then Symbian will (S60).

pink
    The new Series 60 E phones will have the blackberry connect, which will make them just as competitive.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    having wifi now would help symbian's advantage

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I never used Windows phone regularly, only use Symbian phones since 3 years ago (starting from 7650 until now 6680). I am simply loving them. It is very stable.
    I heard that old Windows phones are not good in voice calling, but it seems Microsoft have fixed it in the latest version (Windows Mobile 5.0). I never tried it though, so nothing more I can say....
    Antony
    http://www.s60tips.com/ - Tips, tricks and tutorials of using S60 phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    well i have also not heard of any quad-band ms phones that has excellent rf...so yeah

Device(s)
    O2 XDA II Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I've been using a PPC Phone (O2 Mini/Imate Jam) for more than 2 years. I love it.. yes.. it was unstable at first but then after the ROM updates.. it is very stable and fast..putting the sucky camera discussion aside.. the only downside with it is the lack of wifi and yes now UMTS..

I am planning to get the N80.. was playing with my friend's for awhile but found myself not used to the small screen (the N80 screen is fantastic! i was impressed) I know I will miss the touch screen with the stylus.. because my thumb is getting numb after awhile using the 5-way D-Pad....

Alright..I am looking for a UMTS Phone...there isn't a small UMTS PPC Phone coming out soon..the XDA one is coming out maybe in Jan 2007... the N80 specs impressed me a lot .. WIFI, UMTS, EDGE, 3 MP Camera (though the quality isn't great) .. but SYMBIAN.. i have NEVER used a SYMBIAN phone before.. I am having my doubts... first i love how I can almost customized everything with a PPC and its compatibility with PC.. and the touch screen..
    these would be the two things i miss the most.

I am just lost.. should I get the N80 or wait for a smaller UMTS PPC Phone? (the Dopod one is huge) I am kind of bored with my PPC Phone.. haha.. the N80's features and Connectivity really impress me...

There are tons of PPC Freeware http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php

I dunno much about Symbian's.. ????

I do a lot of E-mails on my PPC though. and the touch screen keyboard certainly helps.. I don't know if I can type as fast on a Symbian even with the text input help..

Yes, this is a S60 section....please.. try to convince me in getting the N80.. well a Symbian rather than a PPC...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    imo u should wait for the n93, u'll get almost everything u want on that

Device(s)
    Nokia N80
    Carrier(s)
    Al-Jawal/
    Feedback Score
    symbian for sure, i hate windows os for phones, its only for pcs lol, ive had three symbian phones and im never getting anything else (unless something proves to be as good or better), the windows phones are so not user friendly, its so annoying to do something that you want, and the old version of the os, stored the user data on volitile memory so if your battery went dead, all your info, contacts, etc was lost, now with windows 5.0 they changed that. i mean seriously how could they let that even happen?
    Last edited by themafia.69; 06-06-2006 at 12:08 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    because they are stupid

Device(s)
    Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Symbian
    "If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you teach
    them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeehalte
    Symbian
    nuff said

Device(s)
    Nokia N-gage
    Carrier(s)
    Connex
    Feedback Score
    symbian is ok,stable,nice to look at,many programs and themes......but what i hate the most is that nokia makes symbian phones with slow processors....i mean they work just fine when u get them new and empty,but as soon as u save some pictures,movies,contacts,messages,and install some programs...they become so slow...very annoying...why they do this? is it that hard to put a fast processor? so everybody can enjoy their phones.
    i never actually owned a windows smartphone...but i am planning on buying the orange spv c600,i love to be able to customize my phone more! i will buy one and then i can compare between windows and symbian...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    the n80 and n91's processors are not slow afaik...

Device(s)
    Nokia N-gage
    Carrier(s)
    Connex
    Feedback Score
    i dont know about the n80 or the n91's processors....i hope they are fast....at least the n91 needs a realy fast processor to access the 4GB microdrive!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdawn
    i dont know about the n80 or the n91's processors....i hope they are fast....at least the n91 needs a realy fast processor to access the 4GB microdrive!
    i can vouch for the n91, i used it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2