Thread: Wiki Guide to flashing V3c with Alltel firmware

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Wiki Guide to flashing V3c with Alltel firmware

-Moderator edit:
    This is becoming a huge problem in this forum. Please read the two links below to avoid being banned from this forum.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=481400
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorol.../General_Terms

Read before you post.

..end edit

In response to what a lot of people have been asking for, I have started a wiki page for everyone to chip in and get a simple, step-by-step tutorial made for flashing the V3c with the Alltel software.

I know all of the information is in the forum threads, but there are so many little 'puzzle pieces' that are hidden inside huge threads.

I set up a basic outline... this was my first time using a wiki, so it's very basic but if anyone knows how to do clickable lists like the "FEM Guide" on the main page, go to town!

"Motorola V3c Tutorial: Flashing to Alltel User Interface"
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorol...User_Interface
    Last edited by Moderator HF 19; 03-17-2006 at 08:26 PM.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Its a very good idea...

Please also see this thread -> http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=849490

I was sent a PM about copying a bunch of info from my pages into the Wiki...

I would rather you just put links to the info on my pages and not copy it.

As time permits... I go back, re-read, correct, add etc... the things on my pages... If you copy today, and I find/correct a mistake tomorrow, the stuff you copied will be wrong.

So, right now, what has been copied from my pages to make the "Installing the software" section could possibly be changed/refined/corrected on my pages later, and will be "out of date" on the Wiki.

In addition, my pages never talked about step by step how to install PST and patch it (since its copyright), BUT I do have a blurb about the WIBU key... The info now in the Wiki removed that from what was copied/pasted from my pages. This is Necessary, as many new users don't know anything about this, manage to find PST on the net, try to use PST, but it doesn't work due to the WIBU key lock...

Also, the P2KSeem for V710 currently linked in the wiki... it does not include an updated CSV file. So when editing seem 2742, there will be NO descriptions for the Bit Values... Check the P2Kseem for V710 linked on my software page for more info...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    dare
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is shaping up really nice so far, just wanted to say great idea!

Feedback Score

WAP fix/ 1x DUN

1. thanks Mark i hope your wishes are being respected

2. there is a WAP fix right it just hasn't been posted on the wiki yet, right?

3. when we are talking fixing WAP does this also include DUN at 1x

4. is 1x DUN currently fixed for alltel flash

5. re: WAP will this be openwave through verizon and does the alltel flash restore the abilty to bookmark pages or does this pretty much force me to figure out WAP proxy servers?

6. does the alltel flash have customizable home keys and does the alarm clock resemble the functionality of the 710 at all.

thanks

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mark,

I thought it would be nice to have an edited compilation of all the information necessary to perform an Alltel flash all in one place.

People keep asking for someone to do a nice write-up. Instead of one person trying to do the whole thing, why not have many editing away?

I certainly wasn’t trying to step on any toes here or take credit for any of the information. I’m just tired of reading through thousands of posts to get the information that can be contained in one place. The wiki format fits the bill pretty well, I think. People who have found hacks can post up their info (by all means give credit to themselves and/or link to their site) and update as necessary.

The wiki page needs the help of skilled members such as yourself to provide the necessary, up-to-date information that people will need to get rid of Verizon’s lacking user interface.

Device(s)
    LG ENV 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    very very nice job guys!!! i was hesitant to flash because the answers and how to's are scattered over 500+ differnet pages of threat .. this makes it very easy !!!!

kudos !!!

Device(s)
    dare
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can this be stickied or something? This is exactly what people have been asking for, including myself!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wow this wiki page is looking GREAT.... hopefully i'll have the fully functional alltel firmware by next week...

Feedback Score
    very slick indeed...

Feedback Score
    I really want to flash to Alltel already, but I want to keep my Verizon ringtones... Will I definately loose all the Verizon ringtones once I flash?

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No in fact you gain some of the Moto ringtones in certain menu options
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mmmmm...StickyWiki... <Homer voice>
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Hemingway,

I understand what you are trying to do, and what your intentions are.... And I know they are good!

I guess I am a little bothered by the fact that... I took the time to learn how to do every thing listed on my pages, and then documented it. I wrote ALL of it up from "scratch"... I did not copy/paste any of that info other than where I acutally say so (like the stock phone page where I say I'm quoting Humpa and then provide a link to the original posting)....

But yet people have already taken it upon themselves to just copy/paste what I wrote up, omitting parts that can be necessary.

I would be less bothered/upset if the info from my pages was quoted EXACTLY (containing all words/links/text format/etc) and some blurb about "originally posted by... on...." with a link to the original location...

I have verified the stuff on my pages works based on my own use, or multiple posts and PM conversations with trustworthy members. But with the Wiki, anyone can edit and post what they want?? yikes!! I have seen enough members who didn't understand something post "well my phone is like this so yours should be too" to worried of the outcome...

Btw, I do have more V3C stuff, re-arrange other stuff (for E815 and V710, the FAQ) planned for my pages... And I will be updating... Well as soon as Time permits (maybe as early as tomorrow).

And another forum member already has a good clear write up of how to flash the alltel flash going. Links to that will be added to my pages, although the author said I could put the entire page up... (I'd rather just do the link, because then he can edit if it needs it).
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 02-18-2006 at 09:19 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway
    Mark,

I thought it would be nice to have an edited compilation of all the information necessary to perform an Alltel flash all in one place.

People keep asking for someone to do a nice write-up. Instead of one person trying to do the whole thing, why not have many editing away?

I certainly wasn’t trying to step on any toes here or take credit for any of the information. I’m just tired of reading through thousands of posts to get the information that can be contained in one place. The wiki format fits the bill pretty well, I think. People who have found hacks can post up their info (by all means give credit to themselves and/or link to their site) and update as necessary.

The wiki page needs the help of skilled members such as yourself to provide the necessary, up-to-date information that people will need to get rid of Verizon’s lacking user interface.
    While I understand this and agree completely, it's still a copyright violation if you are using his original content without his permission, which it sounds like is the case somewhat.

Feedback Score
    "Fixing GIN

get started

open p2kcommander

place alltelappmgr.bar in

brew/mod/brewappmgr/alltellappmgr.bar"

I've been trying to do this, but when I try to copy the alltelappmgr.bar file to brew/mod/brewappmgr/alltellappmgr.bar via P2kCommander 3.2.6, I get a "Generic Failure" message. I tried P2kCommander 3.2.1 as well with the same error. Is there some kind of permission thing I need to set?

Same thing for the alltel_axcess_mm*****.gif files. I've been able to copy skins to the /mobile/skins folder, so I don't know what's going on with these directories...

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast