Thread: can someone tell me how to keep track of rogers minutes?

Feedback Score

can someone tell me how to keep track of rogers minutes?

ok, i'm on the R4U 100min/unlim weekend plan.

i want to know how i can keep track of my minutes so i dont go over the 100minutes.

does rogers have a free service thingy that tells me how many minutes i have remaining?
    HERE'S MY NONSENSE, MY TWO CENTS IS FREE....hehe

Kids.....they should be hooked on phonics, not hooked on chronic

my feedback
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=36002

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    They won't even tell me how much Data I've transfered via GPRS, much less how much minutes I have used, I swear, it pisses me off!

Feedback Score
    forget it.. no one can tell u...... even rogers doesn't have that feature...
    My HOFO Feedback!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959
    Carrier(s)
    Oman Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Minute Tracker

FYI - If you ever transfer to FIDO.... they offer a minute tracker for free on there service.... it has limited ability.... but it has saved me money.... it sends out a sms when you have used 75% and 100% of your time on your plan.... therefore you are aware of the money you are spending...

Cheers

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Device(s)
    i560
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mike
    Feedback Score
    forget it.. no one can tell u...... even rogers doesn't have that feature
    The worst is if you have Unlimited evenings and/or weekends. No phone that I know of has more than one resettable timer and there's no way of programming them to track usage based on time. At least one advantage of per-minute billing is that phone timers all increment by the minute, I'm billed by the second and my resettable timer only increments by the minute so between that and unlimited weekends, the monthly timer is impossible to use with any accuracy.
    Type SLOWER! I can't keep up!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant T959
    Carrier(s)
    Oman Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tracking Abilities

Originally posted by WiFi
    The worst is if you have Unlimited evenings and/or weekends. No phone that I know of has more than one resettable timer and there's no way of programming them to track usage based on time. At least one advantage of per-minute billing is that phone timers all increment by the minute, I'm billed by the second and my resettable timer only increments by the minute so between that and unlimited weekends, the monthly timer is impossible to use with any accuracy.

With GSM phones.... the ability is there to track time and tolls.... but the two providers do not have the service setup here in Canada.... in europe... the service is setup.... and you can program your phone to track all your tolls and times.... so it will indicate the correct billing amounts for your cycle....

The software is available from the phone manufactures (SE & Nokia) and is already in the phones.... but the service providers (GSM systems) require to have it activiated on there end.... and they have not done that. It is away for them to generate more revenue on a monthly basis.... if you have no idea of the minutes you have used.... there is a higher probability of over usage...

Cheers

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-5660M, Nokia N95-4, Sony Ericsson Z/W710i, Z520a, Z600, T200, T310, T237
    Carrier(s)
    7-11 SpeakOut Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the only tracking u can get is when the bill comes, hehe...

hmm... my dec. bill

1111:17 minutes

gotta love unlimited e & w
    Ericsson / Sony Ericsson, the choice of:
    • Charlie's Angels
    • Lara Croft
    • James Bond

Device(s)
    Nokia 6225
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Carry a stop watch and round up each call to the nearest minute. ALso I may add, if you have rogers add another 30 - 60 minutes on top of what you have at the end of the month since you will be overcharged! hahaha...

Take care,

Shahed

Device(s)
    HTC Touvh
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

They're a shady bunch they are

CSR's CAN actually check unbilled usage, they're just told not to...one good reason not to however is that minutes are not posted to the account for several days...so even that isn't accurate

Device(s)
    N95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yeah Bell and Fido have minutes tracking abilities. I've been trying Fido prepaid lately and you can call up and it will tell you the balance on your account (in $) so you can can figure out the number of minutes based on that.

Every chance I get I complain to Rogers about not having it. Rogers are notoriously slow at making improvements. Lately I've noticed marginal reception improvements in the Ottawa area. But this is after like 8 months since I opened my account. So maybe in a couple of years they'll have a minutes tracker. LOL

Feedback Score

Re: They're a shady bunch they are

Originally posted by Hooch2k
    CSR's CAN actually check unbilled usage, they're just told not to...one good reason not to however is that minutes are not posted to the account for several days...so even that isn't accurate
    You're right ... except That only shows unbilled CHARGES. If your pp has 100 daytime mins and you've already used 85 minutes ... in won't tell you unless rogers is charging you for the minutes you go over .. thus the term 'unbilled charges'

Also, they're not supposed to tell the customers, otherwise, ALOT more people will be calling in "How many minutes have I used .... " Thats one thing they need, higher call volumes.
    Last edited by djproc; 01-27-2003 at 08:19 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I wrote a small spreadsheet that will predict your usage based on an average of your last three bills and you phone's call timer. It is very small and designed for use on a Palm pilot. PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

I have been fine tuning it over the last few months and I find that it is accurate to with in 5%.

Device(s)
    KRZR K1 Blue
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    lol i convinced them to check it for me.. althrough i had 0 minutes since i called a week after i signed up and they said its lagged.. meh i'll just be waiting for htat bill