Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing Games Newbie Guide

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TSTT
    Feedback Score

Cool Installing Games Newbie Guide

Hey guys Shark here again I decided to make a guide for all you newbies here because alot of people have been asking me how to install games. So I hope this helps you all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Installing Games on A Motorola Phone by ShArK JaWz - Easy way v1.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------
    INTRODUCTION
    -----------------------
    In the beginning to install games used to be complicated as Motorola phone users had to manually seem edit there phones to enable their Java Uploader and other features. But these days users are making programs that allows you to simply check a box and your Java Uploader is enabled automatically . In this tutorial I will teach you how to install games like if you were installing it on your pc. With just one simple program: Motorola Midlet Manager. So lets get started!!!

-------------------------------
    PROGRAM(S) YOU NEED
    -------------------------------
    (1) Motorola Midlet Manager ---> http://rapidshare.de/files/13861495/..._v010.zip.html
    (2) P2K Drivers (If you don't have them already) --> http://www.viceking.net/images/moto...ivers_WinXP.zip
    (3) Jad Creator --> http://www.viceking.net/images/moto...adcreator13.zip

-----------------------
    INSTRUCTIONS
    -----------------------
    (1) Insert Cable to phone --> Computer.
    (2) If you have P2k Drivers installed already i.e. Add New Hardware does not come up when you insert phone to pc continue to step 5 else continue to step 3.
    (3) Unzip P2K Drivers to desktop or somewhere easy to access.
    (4) When prompted by add new hardware choose manual and select the folder you unzipped. (You may have to do this a few times.
    (5) Unzip Moto Mid Manager then Open it.
    (6) Wait for it to connect then go to Java Settings and make sure Enable Java Application Loader is checked.
    (7) Restart Phone
    (8) Go to Phone Memory in Moto Mid Manager
    (9) Click Install --> Using Jad file and locate your .jad java file. If your'e file is .jar continue to step 10
    (10) If the file you have is .jar you need to convert it to .jad using Jad Creator
    (11) Do this by opening Jad Creator and draging the .jar file over it. The Jad file will now be saved where the .jar files is. Now follow steps 8 & 9.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CONCLUSION
    ----------------------
    THATS IT!!! I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY TO INSTALL GAMES MOSTLY NEWBIES!!! FEEL FREE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS GUIDE TO CONTACT ME OR PM ME AT HOWARD FORUMS OR MOTO MODDERS YOU KNOW MY NAME : sharkjawz. SHARK OUT!!!
    Last edited by sharkjawz; 03-13-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto ROKR Z6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    could the fact that I'm on windows 2000 be a factor that doesn't allow me to connect to p2k and whatnot?

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TSTT
    Feedback Score
    No... There are P2k Drivers for windows 2000. Just download the one I have in the link above it should help

Device(s)
    Moto ROKR Z6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hmm well i just installed win xp so i hope it works :P

Device(s)
    SE W810i (unbranded)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Dosen't work on my V3i. It connects but I get an error, Unsuppored platform. Cannot continue......

Device(s)
    SE W810i (unbranded)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Weird, I just downloaded Motorola Midlet Manager from http://www.e398mod.com/content/view/57/28/ and it works perfectly on my V3i. Just make sure that you have both the jar and jad files to install a game.

Device(s)
    Moto ROKR Z6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hey could you tell me where you get some games? I can't find any
    for v635

Oh yeah, and I can connect to p2k commander, but it won't let me go to my phone.... i choose P2k phone or whatever where it says (C Local Disk or whatever... but it just returns back to where it started....

anybody know what the deuce is up with that?

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TSTT
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys shark here!!!
    I'm sorry but the links I posted on my guide above don't seem to work.
    Ill be posting A version 1.1 of this guide soon.
    In the new version you can expect a more simpile guide & working download links.
    I'm sorry but I can't post any game site here as they are against forum rules!!!
    SO LOOK OUT FOR MY NEW GUIDE SOON!!!
    Ill try to get this guide unsticked & the new one sticked.
    L8r all...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is there a simmilar way to do this with a microSD card on a Motorola e815?

Feedback Score

V3i

I have a V3i and there are just three games I want Frogger, Tetris and Snake... Like everyone else I just want these games free as buying this unlocked phone has already cost me a lot of $$$$. How do I get these games, were would I download them and then how would I get them on my phone. Also is there anyway on the V3i to store ring tones on the 256MB trans flash memory card. I really don't think there is but am confused about a file on the card that says ringtones... Well thank you for all your help

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TSTT
    Feedback Score
    Rob i'm sorry but I can't post any game sites here as they are against forum rules!!!
    But i might be able to email them to you if you give me your address.

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    TSTT
    Feedback Score
    Neo!!! same thing I can't post games here as its against forum rules!!!
    As for putting them on your phone when my new guide comes out it should be really easy for you guys!!!.
    Am not to sure if there is a seem edit that might be able to help you store ringtones on transflash. Ill check for you

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkjawz
    Rob i'm sorry but I can't post any game sites here as they are against forum rules!!!
    But i might be able to email them to you if you give me your address.
    That's OK, but is there I way to do this with only a microSD (TransFlash) card and a blue tooth palm? Or do you need to post the sites to know how to do this? (And an E815 of course :P )
    Last edited by RobMayott; 03-19-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hi there, do you guys know how to backup some java games from my v360? it seems i cant backup my file by motomidman. The file says that its encrypt and signed.

Device(s)
    Motorola V400
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    the two links are dead...

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast