Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find the PEBL U6 USB Driver???

Device(s)
    Pebl U6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Where can I find the PEBL U6 USB Driver???

Have been trying to flash my Pebl for almost 2 weeks now. Phone will connect to MPT via cable but can not connect to any of the P2K/seem editing software. I have tried all the suggested "fixes" listed in these forums and none of them work. Where can I get the actual PEBL U6 Drivers windows keeps asking for????

Thanks in advance for any help

Device(s)
    IPhone 5 64 gig
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T- this week!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy269
    Have been trying to flash my Pebl for almost 2 weeks now. Phone will connect to MPT via cable but can not connect to any of the P2K/seem editing software. I have tried all the suggested "fixes" listed in these forums and none of them work. Where can I get the actual PEBL U6 Drivers windows keeps asking for????

Thanks in advance for any help
    no such thing as "pebl" drivers - the drivers are the same for all phones.
    try this:http://www.northshoregutters.com/sof...0P2K%20Man.exe

Device(s)
    Pebl U6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick reply, But this did not work either. after I point it to the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder it tells me "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software." I have tried this on two different computers, could it be something with the Phone itself?

Feedback Score
    Are you pointing it to a valid location for p2k.sys? (ie - is it actually in c:\windows\system32\drivers\, or might it be in c:\program files\motorola\pst\ etc.)

If so, try unplugging the phone from one USB port and plugging it into another and going through the 'Found New Hardware' wizard again. Worked for me on my old laptop...

Device(s)
    Pebl U6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yes have tried all of that on two different computers, and still no luck. I guess i'm S.O.L

Carrier(s)
    Blue + Orange = AT&Tingular!!
    Feedback Score
    P2k USB Device drivers & MPT USB Modem drivers!!!!!!!

p2k.inf drivers are for the p2k programs like p2kman, p2kseem, p2ktools, PST, and so on. They are in the drv folder in the P2KTools.
    They are the (Motorola USB Device) drivers you see when P2KTools is connected, look in the device manager settings on your computer as shown:

Make sure the drivers look like this ^^^^ in order for P2K programs to connect. You might have to plug in the phone, go into the device manager, and delete the drivers listed above. They might have a little ! over them or might not. Then restart your computer plug in the cable without opening any programs and reinstall the drivers when prompted.

MPT uses the (motorola USB modem) driver which should have came with your MPT software. As shown:

One more thing, you cant use these programs at the same time. If you are using MPT and are finished you have to close the program, disconnect the cable, reconnect the cable and open up P2KTools or vise/versa.
    My Geek Toy! <--It gets 10 MPG

Device(s)
    IPhone 5 64 gig
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T- this week!
    Feedback Score
    also - are you using windows xp with sp2 installed?

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    jrsjr,

I had the same problem, I couldn't get p2kman or any other applications drivers to work with the PEBL. I found some obscure thread that indicated that the initial USB driver should be the one loaded from P2KCommander, then load all subsequent drivers from the normal P2Kman driver /inf folder.

I did that and it straightened all the problems out.

Make sure that before you start you remove your existing motorola device from the windows hardware manager then plug it back in and allow it to be re-detected.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    If you've installed MPT, the correct drivers should be in:

C:\Program Files\Motorola Phone Tools\Inf\Composer_Drivers

Not sure why they're in that directory (the W2K_XP_USB_Drivers directory would seem to make more sense), but I tried them all and those are the ones that work.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried out MPT 4 and dont like it much. Is there a better tool to edit the Phonebook?

ALSO, what video format does a file have to be in to transfer to my Pebl?

LAST, I just purchased my Pebl on Thursday night. I charged the battery up that night, and last night it needed to be charged again. I did use the Bluetooth feature with a headset, does it really take that much battery power, or is something wrong with my phone that I have to charge it daily?

Device(s)
    Pebl U6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!!! The P2KCommander trick did it. Thanks for all the replies

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My fiancee's PEBL is usually only down one bar on the battery after 2-3 days of use. She doesn't leave BT turned on tho.

Feedback Score
    Im having probs connecting my pebl to my pc using the usb cable. i installed the given CD (MPT ) but it doesn't automatically recognise my phone and its not in the list?

Am i being dense? Im using xp sp2

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migwar
    Im having probs connecting my pebl to my pc using the usb cable. i installed the given CD (MPT ) but it doesn't automatically recognise my phone and its not in the list?

Am i being dense? Im using xp sp2
    Im having problems also.

I installed MPT 4 just fine, but dont like it to much. I also want to transfer JAVA games, and P2K Manager can do that.

When connecting the phone, it says "Motorola Modem", i point it to
    C:\Program Files\Motorola Phone Tools\Inf\Composer_Drivers
    and it installs fine.

Next, it says "Motorola Phone (Pebl U6)". I point it to the same directory, but it cant find the drivers.

I also installed the 'Win2K/WinXP Motorola DriverPack, Version 2.9" from MotoModders.net, but that didnt help either. Anyone know where this program actually put the driver files, maybe I can point to them.

Device(s)
    Pebl U6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Try downloading p2kcommander and when the computer asks for the Pebl U6 drivers point it to the driver folder in p2kcommander. I had the same problem and this is what worked for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast