Thread: Thinking of moving to t-mobile?

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score

Thinking of moving to t-mobile?

I've been with Orange for a long time, and I have always recieved excellent service from them and I am very happy and would like to continue my contract with them.

However, my contract is up soon, and I am looking for the N80, and the new flext tariffs from t-mobile have cought my eye.

They seem excellent value, especially with the 25% discount currently being offered.
    I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice on the service (both network & customer); as for me, signing a new contract with someone other than Orange is a big step!! lol.

Main things I like from Orange:
    • Good customer service
    • Good network performance in my area (including the network performance promise)
    • Can visit any internet site (including using the phone as a modem) at standard data rates.
    • They claim to have the biggest 3G network (out of the old 2G companies) which I would use on the N80.

Any advice is apprechiated.

Device(s)
    Nokia E50
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Tbh the Flext tariffs are the best around. Other networks will do something similar soon. Im sure if you asked Orange for your PAC code they will do you a nice deal on your tariff.

T-Mobile have a few signal issues in areas, which is a shame. But if you live in a built up area im sure you will be fine.
    Your friendly o2 employee.

Device(s)
    O2 XDA Exec
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicK
    Tbh the Flext tariffs are the best around.

Flext is 18month though, that's a pain in the *** to someone who changes their pocket pc once a year. But yeah, they're the best tariffs around besides that, and I work for O2!
    belfast-biker

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. I am still interested in these tariffs, although I've spoken to someone who used to be on T-Mobile, and they said there are a few blackspots in Birmingham, particually places that I would consider important.

Oh dear, this is a hard decision, especially as I've emailed Orange and they have so far said that the homescreen on the N80 will not be removeable.

But I've also e-mailed T-Mobile and they don't have any information on the N80 as yet.

Other possibilties include Vodafone and O2 - I don't think I could bring myself to goto 3!!!

Device(s)
    Orange SPV M500
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score
    I've just moved from Orange to T-Mobile after nearly 10 years with Orange (in my case because of their data tariffs. No coverage issues, but then I am in London.

FlexT 25% discount from T-Mobile direct ends soon by the way!

Simon Clark
    Business Telecoms

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    Hi, Do you have any comments regarding customer services on T-Mobile?

And thats a shame - the offer will probably have finished by the time they get the N80!

Thanks for your help.

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjh_101
    Thanks for the help. I am still interested in these tariffs, although I've spoken to someone who used to be on T-Mobile, and they said there are a few blackspots in Birmingham, particually places that I would consider important.

Oh dear, this is a hard decision, especially as I've emailed Orange and they have so far said that the homescreen on the N80 will not be removeable.

But I've also e-mailed T-Mobile and they don't have any information on the N80 as yet.

Other possibilties include Vodafone and O2 - I don't think I could bring myself to goto 3!!!
    3's relatively crap walled in garden puts most phones down. I ahve an A1000, and the potential with a unlocked A1000 compared to a locked one is amazing.

Feedback Score
    i switched to t-mobile recently with their t-mobile sidekick ii. i'm annoyed at them atm because they've just billed me wrong. i tried to call their customer care line but there's a 30 minute wait. i did it from the 0845 number on their site since they charge me 50p a minute to call from my phone - this was to get the self-serve discount, but when i tried to serve myself, the stupid website didn't cancel my text bundle and that is why i was over billed. in urban areas you will still have problems with t-mobile coverage in buildings, basements etc. - where i work is right in the centre of town but there is no t-mobile coverage in our basement, yet there is on orange, o2, and vodafone. the flext tariffs do look good though - i'm hoping soon other networks will pick them up

EDIT: i'm on hold to them again about 3 hours after giving up on trying to get through after i was told there'd be a 30 minute wait - and it still says there's a 30-minute delay!!

EDIT: got through after about 25 minutes, guy on the phone said he could cancel it (the text bundle) there and then and i would only pay the 4 days or so it's been since my billing date (ie. the time it's taken for the bill to come in the post), which is only a few pounds so i just agreed to that instead of arguing over it, but it seems a bit silly that i couldn't just do that myself online last month when i wanted to cancel it since it is a self-serve price plan!
    Last edited by voodoofish; 04-27-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, T-Mobile is the best network operator in the UK.

They are well organised, information flows freely between departments, and most importantly (and surprisingly) the staff seem to know what they're talking about. If they don't they'll put you right through to somebody who does.

I am particularly impressed with their data support. I am not a business customer, and had a non-standard issue with a BlackBerry receltly. I was placed straight through to Blackberry support, who couldn't fix the problem immediately. The chap took my details, called me back later in the day and even provided a follow up call the next morning.

This isn't a one off - I have been with them for a year now and am so confident that they will continue to provide me with a hassle free service that I took out a 'removes all interest in new phones' 18 month contract!

Having worked in the industry for 4 years, I have watched T-Mobile go from strength to strength.

The complaints from one2one days no longer hold. Although some complain about coverage, I have never had any issues and travel frequently.

T-Mobile rock. That's all I have to say.

Nick

Feedback Score
    oh yeah, forgot to say before, t-mobile has no coverage in between about three different train stations on the train i get into leeds. these train stations are in very urban areas, and on vodafone, o2 and orange i get full bars on my phone, but on t-mobile i get no service. not exactly sure why, but i've been noticing this for at least three months now.

if you're using data, i'd also look at t-mobile's roaming charges, because they can be pretty high to make up for their cheaper domestic ones (t-mobile.co.uk/roaming)

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    All data roaming costs are too high anyway!!!

It's interesting reading all these comments, but I don't think I'll need to worry now.

the 25% discount has now stopped, still no word of the N80, and Orange are currently offering 1000 extra texts on their 18month tariffs, although they still aren't sure when the N80 is coming.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w800i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    if your really wanting the n80, some shops like the link/carphone warehouse etc are doing these phones on tmob, i work for tmob cust service and the handset is not available and as of yet, its not coming either.. best thing to do if ur wanting a flext tarrif is to visit the link, phones4u or carephone w and see if they will give u the n80, cust its defo available to tmobile, just not tmobile direct

also the data charges are quite hight, but u can now buy a £7.50 bundle which will give unlimited use

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjh_101
    All data roaming costs are too high anyway!!!
    Virgin Mobile charge their pay as you go customers £5/MB abroad, T-Mobile charges its £20/MB.