Thread: AOL Canada and Bell Mobility

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

AOL Canada and Bell Mobility

I just went on AOL Canada's web site. I noticed that Telus Mobility and Rogers/AT&T can receive instant messages from AIM people. When will Bell Mobility have this service or will the service be ever available in the future since we can send instant messages from MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and ICQ.
    mbourd25

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: AOL Canada and Bell Mobility

Originally posted by mbourd25
    I just went on AOL Canada's web site. I noticed that Telus Mobility and Rogers/AT&T can receive instant messages from AIM people. When will Bell Mobility have this service or will the service be ever available in the future since we can send instant messages from MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and ICQ.
    To be honest, as a Telus customer, I would prefer the ability to send MSN messanger messages rather than AOL. In fact on numerous occasions I have submitted my feedback to the wireless web people about this.

Alas, no results as of yet...

Feedback Score
    How can you use MSN Messenger and ICQ on Bell?? I thought we could only use Yahoo

-mike

Device(s)
    Motorola V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by mikew44
    How can you use MSN Messenger and ICQ on Bell?? I thought we could only use Yahoo

-mike
    I think he's refering to the fact that MSN messenger and ICQ can send messages to a Bell phone.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually, you can send instant messages from the MSN, Yahoo and ICQ message services to a Bell Mobility user. The only one left is AOL that are not able to send instant messages to Bell.

Device(s)
    Samsung T300 :)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I though there are two seperate issues here.

1. Sending messages from Internet directly to phones.

I believe this is more about the instant message client you are using, rather then the Cell provider.

2. Log onto the WAP and use the instant message service from there.

I think this depend on, again, the site that you want to use. MSN simply doesn't provide Messenger service on their WAP page, period. It's the same for both Bell and Telus. As for AOL Canada, I know that Telus client can log onto AOL WAP and us AIM from there. but I don't think AOL was one of Bell's WAP content provider.

Of course I could be wrong on any of the above point.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I just know that MSN messenger does not have the capability to recieve message from a handset like yahoo does.

experienced it myself, even says user cannot reply to this message, right when you send one to a mobile phone via the program itself