Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: w810 or w900

Device(s)
    SE p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiderm
    damn... how many threads are there about w900 vs. w810? i see a new one every couple days it seems.

ps. the w900 owns every phone!
    not the n80 =)

Feedback Score
    i have both the W900 and W810.

ive had the w900 for almost 3 months. during that period ive dropped it numerous times and it still remains SOLID. only a few scratches on the corners.
    the plus about the w900 it has a nice screen, good video playback, solid feel and large internal memory.
    the neg is that it is bulky and that with cingular service good but not that great. (lack of 850)

the plus for w810 is compact, faster menu navigation and GSM850.
    neg doesnt have that solid feel of the w900, small screen size and the buttons. (i like the button feel of w900)

but overall you cannot go wrong with either one. (if price is not a factor)

Feedback Score
    I just got my w810i and I have had my Samsung cell (I cannot remember the model name, but it's the smallest flip model Samung released in North America I think.) for about 2.5 years. I am extremely happy with the phone. It's sturdy (no moving parts), sleek, and superb multi-media capability.

I do not know much of W900, but I do not like the size of the phone and rotate the phone to open it.

Get W810i, it works fine. Also, if your PC has MemoryStick port, then just stick the card in there and just dump the files that you want. No USB or BlueTooth needed.

Device(s)
    6230b
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    W900 for teh win

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Depends on what your looking for, if you have cingular go with w810 for the quad band the extra band cant hurt and you never know when your going to need it. If you plan to watch alot of videos and want the best pic possible go with the w900, i have an ipod video i dont have a need for that, battery life is also better on the w810, i was debating about these two phones but in the end the main factor was size. If you dont mind a larger phone go with the w900 but the w900 is more of an entertainment phone: games/ vid playback so if your not going to use it go with the w810 which also does the other two but not quite as well. Overall im very happy with my w810 and would highly recommend it to anyone.
    Size Does Matter.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I have a W900i, and think it's great, but I think I'm also going to buy a W810i in a few days. I agree that the W900i seems a bit more entertainment oriented. As such, it seems like the W900i is more of a "practical downgrade." It's strange that a supposedly better phone is only tri-band, and has an inferior radio.

Device(s)
    w810I(gone) w900i(here)
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i had the 810 for a month didn't like the size and the fact that the buttons were so hard to press with my fat fingers so i went to trade in for a 900 and i couldn't have made a better choice

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    im a w810 fan - the w900 is just too ginormous...

i like to text a lot - and browse the net (especially to post on hofo) - and send/receive emails - in order to do this, the w900 would have to be open - in that situation, the w900 is literally TWICE as long (its really almost a full 100% longer) - not to mention its 25% thicker and 50% heavier in any situation...

there are a lot of GREAT phones out there with a TON of features but theyre just too huge for me - if size isnt a factor, then the w900 isnt a bad choice - but if you like a sleek phone, youll need to choose the w810...
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Device(s)
    E61i (sold), 5610 (sold), 6233 (sold), 903SH (sold)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket

i like to text a lot - and browse the net (especially to post on hofo) - and send/receive emails - in order to do this, the w900 would have to be open - in that situation, the w900 is literally TWICE as long (its really almost a full 100% longer) - not to mention its 25% thicker and 50% heavier in any situation...

there are a lot of GREAT phones out there with a TON of features but theyre just too huge for me - if size isnt a factor, then the w900 isnt a bad choice - but if you like a sleek phone, youll need to choose the w810...
    texting is SO much easier on the w810i. i miss it, not to mention the EDGE speeds that i don't get anymore.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket

If you intend to surf the web a lot with your phone, and live in NA, you should choose the W810i, since it features EDGE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2