Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Joystick mod for ALL Sony Ericsson joysticks! (pics of the new one!)

Feedback Score
    Just got one of Max's joytick mods for my w800...and I'm remarkably pleased with it.
    First of all, I'm in the UK and it arrived here within THREE DAYS of me paying for it - so very well done for that, Max!

Second, and more importantly, the mod itself works just great. I used to have problems with the joystick being a bit to sensitive about which direction you pushed it in (often mistaking "mostly-up" for left or right) and I don't get that any more, it makes the joystick a lot more forgiving of careless pushing.

Third, the phone just looks nicer!

So thank you very much, Max - I promised the folks on the Esato Sony-Ericsson forums I'd let them know how my "brave experiement" went, and I'll be giving you a full 10/10!

Device(s)
    Omnia II (i8000)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Just put in my order for one.

Cant wait for it I play a lot of games on my k750
    There are no short cuts to any place worth seeing.

My Howardforum Feedback

Device(s)
    K790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    just order one after one after reading this post. hope it gets here soon.

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reviews!

BTW how do you make it, do you have the smallest milling machine in the world?
    Although a lathe would be the expected machine tool to use for such a part, since I didn't have access to a CNC one, I did use a milling machine in a rather unorthodox manner! I held the metal in the spindle and clamped the tools to the table.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone post some pictures of the k750i with the new model of this joystick?
    I know there are pictures with it on just the joystick, but a better picture with the new one would be awesome for those that are considering the new one over the old.

Device(s)
    Omnia II (i8000)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cow07
    Can anyone post some pictures of the k750i with the new model of this joystick?
    I know there are pictures with it on just the joystick, but a better picture with the new one would be awesome for those that are considering the new one over the old.
    The second picture from the top is a very clear picture of the new model on a k750 joystick. The old model he no longer offers.

Feedback Score

My pics...

Nothing terribly startling, but here's my w800 with glorious new joystick cap...

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100 (red)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Will anymore of these be available? I'm interested in purchasing the K750 one.

Feedback Score
    me too.....

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, I relisted some more:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

StuPC: Nice pics!

cow07: I'm sorry, I don't have other pics of the new one on a k750 joystick, and that's about the best my lame camera could do. Hopefully someone else can post some.

P.S. I do have some of the 1st gen. caps also, and I am willing to sell them. I prefer the 2nd gen caps, though, because they are almost guaranteed to fit. Since they are open all the way through, they can push on as far as they need to snug up on the tapered joystick. The 1st gen caps are still good though. There have only been a couple of people who had them not fit. So there's probably a 95% chance that they will fit any given joystick. (The 2nd gens have fit everybody's)

So yes, I still will sell the 1st gen ones. Especially to people that had the orange dot fall out of their joystick!

Device(s)
    K790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well I got mine in the mail today. Took only 3 days to get to Toronto, thx Max. Anyways it fits like charm. The cap makes the joystick feel really smooth and soft. Little to no pressure to toggle it around. Its also make the joystick feel rounder, and lets your thumb sits comfortably. Took about a minute to get use to it. If you play a lot of games with the joystick....like I do on the subway.....you'll love it. Its makes the movements more reponsive, faster, smmother ... and overall less effort is required. Really impressed what this little cap can do. Highly recommended. Heres a pic I took with my sharp. I'll post some up close macro shoots later.

Device(s)
    3gs...Speed Demon
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular now the new ATT
    Feedback Score
    does it ever come off with wear and tear?

Device(s)
    K790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    no. non that i've noticed. infact the first thing i did when i put it on, was make sure i was ablt to take it off. did this a few times with out any problems, and now its staying on permenantly.

Device(s)
    3gs...Speed Demon
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular now the new ATT
    Feedback Score
    would the joystick adapter for the k800/790 with the k750 adapter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pachi
    does it ever come off with wear and tear?
    Mine hasn't, and I carry my phone around in various pockets all the time.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast