Feedback Score
    is there a WIKI or FAQ on SEUS?

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone
    is there a WIKI or FAQ on SEUS?
    umm.. maybe.. but this is all you need to know.

go to sonyericsson and download their update tool for an SE phone.
    pick w800i for example

install and run the new app.. it will download the latest version

walkthrough the wizard and that's it 15-20 mins phone will be updated

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsibble
    What I meant is that there are things that shouldn't be there that aren't:

-Answering the phone without touching the screen
    -Unlocking the keys without touching the screen
    -Can't change the key lock time
    -Can't change ANY times (backlight dimming, screen saver start, etc.)
    -No BBConnect yet
    -Exchange ActiveSync stopping working every few hours and requiring a restart

Mostly just the customization and the one handed operation with the scroll wheel isn't there. I don't understand why they didn't do some things like answering with the scroll wheel. It's so simple!! It's still a great phone, but only 2/3 done.

To put it simply, I would say you get about 10-25% of the functionality from the scroll wheel compared to that of a blackberry. Half of the time, when you push it in, it doesn't even do anything! They just slapped it on there really.
    I dont have this phone but I'm considering it. I know what you mean here in general.

Sometimes a lot of these smart phones do not seem to have gone through even an elementaty common sense user ergonomics review. And there are people at all these companies who get paid A LOT OF MONEY and have fancy job titles to just this.

So where are they when these phones are developed? On vacation? It doesnt make any sense. If you are going to put out a product just do it right - you actually would get more customers....

Device(s)
    iPhone, Curve, S710, i600, Dash, Pearl, e61
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes I agree. I use my phone as a mobile office. The m600 just couldnt cut it for that application.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    well i think we're 2 very different users... which would explain why.

1)battery life improves over time.. did you have it long enough to go through the power cycles? (just asking) i don;t know email stuff.. exhange is done 2 ways right? via gprs and datacable. if you got it in the cable should it not also be charging?

2)hmm.. seems perfectly fine in the sunlight to me.. similar to most cellphones i've used recently. I cannot comment on how it compares to a bb8700r or e61 though. played with the e61 but not in the sunlight.

3)i rarely use the stylus, so when i say the touchscreen is good i mean it responds well to my fingers.. which not all phones do imo.

4)hmm..i think we're tinkering in 2 different spots. where are you getting slowdowns?
    my mail seems fine (but all text messaged about 300 to date)
    navigation and multitasking was fine.. a little wap, a little music, running through the setups

(were you using r1b?)

5)see the only thing i like about the treo is the dpad which is why i compared it to that.

i think we're just 2 very different users.. video, music, themes, running some odd ball apps, mainly use it as a phone/organizer and all those components work for me.
    President of the Phone of the Week Club

Device(s)
    BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plessdude
    Yes I agree. I use my phone as a mobile office. The m600 just couldnt cut it for that application.
    I'm starting to agree. I think this is a great phone but it's not entirely there yet. Coming from a BB7105 which had 8+ years of software development behind it, the M600i doesn't really compare. Sad considering how much I really like it

As for battery life, I sync with Exchange every 5 minutes (I have to, that's what this phone is for!) and I BARELY get 24 hours out of it. Push will help with that but my IT director isn't very interested in installing SP2.
    E90 Backgrounds - E90 Video Settings

Ericsson GF 788 -> Nokia 9000il -> Ericsson T28 -> Ericsson T39 -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Sony Ericsson P900 -> Motorola V600 -> RIM 7100t -> RIM 7105 -> SE M600 -> BB Pearl -> BB 8800 -> Nokia E90 -> iMate 6150 -> BB 8820 -> Nokia E71 -> BB 9000 -> IPhone 3GS -> Droid

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm starting to agree. I think this is a great phone but it's not entirely there yet. Coming from a BB7105 which had 8+ years of software development behind it, the M600i doesn't really compare. Sad considering how much I really like it

As for battery life, I sync with Exchange every 5 minutes (I have to, that's what this phone is for!) and I BARELY get 24 hours out of it. Push will help with that but my IT director isn't very interested in installing SP2.
    i think you're expecting too much if you want it to replace a BB at this point..like you guys say... it's way to raw..
    the newer bb's with the nicer screen the 8700r... what's the average battery life on those?

Device(s)
    BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    i think you're expecting too much if you want it to replace a BB at this point..like you guys say... it's way to raw..
    the newer bb's with the nicer screen the 8700r... what's the average battery life on those?
    I SHOULDN'T be expecting too much though. This is a "next generation" smartphone that I paid $600 for! If they advertise that it can't sync exchange and support all kinds of features, than it damn well better be able to support it! Screw it being "raw" or otherwise. If they are going to market the device that way, it needs to be able to do the SIMPLE things.

Sorry, I'm really mad because I just had to restart it twice in 20 minutes. Once because it wouldn't ring no matter what and the second time because ActiveSync wouldn't connect to the godamn internet. Web worked fine!?

I love this device. I love its form factor; I love its screen; I love its capabilities. But DAMN does it NOT provide the features that its supposed to. No wonder Blackberry has such a stranglehold on the enterprise market. If this is the best anyone else can come up with, BB is gonna kick *** for a long time to come.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I SHOULDN'T be expecting too much though. This is a "next generation" smartphone that I paid $600 for! If they advertise that it can't sync exchange and support all kinds of features, than it damn well better be able to support it! Screw it being "raw" or otherwise. If they are going to market the device that way, it needs to be able to do the SIMPLE things.

Sorry, I'm really mad because I just had to restart it twice in 20 minutes. Once because it wouldn't ring no matter what and the second time because ActiveSync wouldn't connect to the godamn internet. Web worked fine!?

I love this device. I love its form factor; I love its screen; I love its capabilities. But DAMN does it NOT provide the features that its supposed to. No wonder Blackberry has such a stranglehold on the enterprise market. If this is the best anyone else can come up with, BB is gonna kick *** for a long time to come.
    lol... wow that's too bad... the fate of early adopters... this is why the p990 isn't out yet.. let the pawns go first...

Device(s)
    iPhone, Curve, S710, i600, Dash, Pearl, e61
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried to warn you guys . Sell it quick cause once the word gets out this puppy is going to be really cheap.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plessdude
    I tried to warn you guys . Sell it quick cause once the word gets out this puppy is going to be really cheap.
    honestly i don't see it dropping that much in price... of course $600 is a lot to pay... this phone will level off in the 350-400 price range in USD i'd say..

it's still a touchscreen phone and a sony product and we all know sony products hold their value... even if it's overpriced.

i'm loving the device..but like i said i'm a different user.. i wish they threw in a cam.. even 1.3 with auto and this would replace my w810 lol...but for now i'm holding on to both to see which one i like more...

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Happy DTAC
    Feedback Score
    As for one-handed key-lock (and unlock, for that matter), just hold the 'back' button and you're set. It's not instantaneous, but it sure beats pulling the stylus out... from the LEFT side for that matter!

Still keeping my fingers crossed for enhanced jog-dial versatility--ie answering calls and hanging them up!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6120
    Carrier(s)
    CYTAVODA
    Feedback Score
    does anyone know which the "C" button on this phone is for sure? (its asked during firmware update)

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Indighost

Still keeping my fingers crossed for enhanced jog-dial versatility--ie answering calls and hanging them up!
    I can't say for certain if SE will include this feature in future firmware upgrades but IIRC there was a program available for UIQ 2.0 that allowed you to map any hardware button to specific phone related tasks like dialing/answering calls and such. If I can remember the name of the company, I'll post the link (maybe then someone can contact them to see if they are going to be releasing a UIQ3 version)

I'd like to think that the M600i will be able to get some better hard-key support without the use of third party software.

It appears that the P990's QWERTY keypad has a dedicated phone button of some kind .....

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonisCy
    does anyone know which the "C" button on this phone is for sure? (its asked during firmware update)

It's the actual letter "C"

Device(s)
    Nokia 6120
    Carrier(s)
    CYTAVODA
    Feedback Score
    are you sure? because a lot of people say its the side button... Please let me know if you are sure

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast