View Poll Results: Which is the best Verizon phone for voice quality?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • LG VX10

1 2.00%
  • LG VX4400

14 28.00%
  • Motorola V60i

20 40.00%
  • Motorola T720

10 20.00%
  • Samsung A310

5 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best Verizon phone for voice quality?

Feedback Score

Question Which is the best Verizon phone for voice quality?

... from the choices listed in the poll?

Device(s)
    UTStarcom XV-6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I only used the T720 and A310, but the A310 is amazing for voice quality and very loud. Maybe its me, but i dont think V60's are all that great with voice quality. My brother has one and it sounds like junk
    Current Phone
    UTStarcom XV-6700 [Verizon Wireless]

Past Phones
    Samsung SCH-A970, Samsung SCH-A610, Motorola T730c, Motorola T720c, Samsung SCH-A310, Samsung SPH-A500, Samsung SPH-A460, Nokia 8260

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Gotta add the Audiovox 9500 to that list! It's the best as far as I'm concerned.
    -David

Feedback Score

Question

How will the Samsung A530 compare to the above models in terms of voice quality and battery life?

Device(s)
    v60s; a530; v60i
    Carrier(s)
    VZW (current), BAM, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The SQ on my v60i generally sounds wonderful on both incoming and outgoing but especially outgoing (most people think that I am on a landline). My bro has a v60t on AT&T, however, and his SQ is not nearly as good.

I have not personally used any of the other phones on the list, but have received calls from people on a t720 and 9500, and IMHO, I think the incoming SQ on the t720 is better than the 9500.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The Motorola Timeport 270c beats the v60 for sure, and it also beats the Audiovox 9500. Furthermore, the speakerphone on the 270c is beyond compare...nothing even comes close for clarity and "loudness"

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your all wrong, the Oki 1375 has the best.

getting people to agree on voice quality on a phone is like trying to get them to agree on pizza toppings.

Not gonna happen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Obviously that can't happen unless all of us have used every Verizon phone. I think we are just saying the list of phones to choose from on that poll is lacking. There should be an "other" choice.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have no problems with the T720. Don't know how any other phone could be any better!

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you have sensitive hearing, the voice quality winner is definitely not the Moto V60i ... see this thread to see why:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...threadid=93548

V60i
    Horrible electronic background noise during calls, I can't stand to talk more than 2 minutes on one. Nice and loud though ... if not for the high-frequency screaming, it is a pretty good phone in terms of voice clarity.

VX10
    Very good phone. Clear, crisp (and very loud) sound - I always had mine on the lowest earpiece volume and still had to ask people "Are you shouting?" at times. I had one for about a week and only returned it because of the $100 price drop on the VX4400.

VX4400
    Just got one today (for $99!) and am amazed with it. I've made 4 calls so far and it sounds just as clear as the VX10. Menus are fast, colors are vibrant - I'd recommend this phone to anyone, especially at the price ... wow.
    Last edited by scamcdan; 02-03-2003 at 04:18 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Best Voice Quality

IMHO the best sounding equipment right now is the LG 4400. The earpiece sweet spot is not that restrictive and puts out fairly good volume.

The best sounding phones overall in my experience is a tie between two models. The Motorola P270 and Kyocera's 3035. Other models coming out that may give the 4400 a run for its money are Samsung's A530 and Motorola's V60x. I have played with test models of each and was fairly impressed in what I saw/heard in a limited time. The 530 should be out by the end of March and the 60x release is open ended since Motorola may hold the model back until Q2 2003 and have PTT built into the model. The demo of the 60x I used had the PTT feature bulit in, but no internal speakerphone. However it was a test model and in the long run it means nothing.

It blows my mind as to why Verizon would have been stupid enough to discontinue sales of the P270. It is a rock solid phone with great reception and the speakerphone is fantastic. They should have kept the model around simply because not every customer wants a clam-shell style phone. The 3035 is a model I am glad was discontinued, it had great sound & clarity but was a failure in every other regard.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The 270 didnt sell. Thats why they dropped it.

it wasnt a perfect phone by any means, the UI , Motorola's awful voice dialing system, and those moronic reveresed send/end keys made it all the worse.

It was rather overpriced as well, towards the end, I had to basicly let them go at cost just to get rid of them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Don't like Motorolas eh?

I have never had a problem with the voice dialing on any of the 3 Motorola's I have owned. The UI on the 270c is identical to that of the v60's and v120's, and those don't seem to have any problem selling. The reversed talk/end keys are annoying for a few days, then I got used to it. I suppose millions of other Motorola customers have too. Hardly a reason not to buy a phone unless you have two phones, one Motorola and one not. Then I can see problems with the reversed talk/end keys.

The only drawback of the 270c is its size. Size matters, and because this phoen was big and not as hip as the v60, it did not sell. People love tiny phones, and this phone is Nokia 5100 series size. Of course that Nokia line sold very well, so.... As for overpriced, that is debatable. Comapring only Motorola phones, I would argue the v60 series was overpriced much more so than the 270c. The only reason the v60 cost so much ($50-$100 more than the 270c) was because of its small size and "cool" factor. The 270c blows the v60 out of the water with its features. The earpiece on the 270c is superior to that of the v60. The speakerphone quality is second to none, great battery life, and bluetooth ability all make the 270c a feature packed phone. Based upon features it probably should have cost much more than a v60, which wasn't the case.

Just as with the Audiovox 9500 now, part of the reason the 270c didn't sell then is because Verizon reps never really pushed it. I had to ask about it when I went to the store. The reps were too busy trying to get me to buy a v60 or a Z800.

Probably the worst thing about the 270c is that it has the "same" model numbers as that rag of a phone, the Motorola t720.
    Last edited by AnthroMatt; 02-04-2003 at 09:14 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nope, think they are overhyped, over priced, and most of thier models are crap. Other than the 270, V60, and ST 7868 all the other CDMA Motorola product is crap, and I dont even like the ones I consider "good"

Motorola has always dont things thier own annoyingly different way, not becuase its better, but becuase they have to do it different becuase they are Motorola. Look in the 3-watt days, EVERY other single company used TNC connectors for the antenna, Motorola has to be different so they use mini-uhf. Now its the stupid send/end thing, that was only done because there was a bit of a standard there, they didnt create, so they are going to do somthing different.

I sell what people want, not being a corporate store, I dont simply sell the phone thats on sale. The UI is confusing to most users, yes its the same as the V60 and V120, that doesnt make it good. They are nice that they are customizable, but the are needlessly complex. Poorly orginized submenus after submenus. Whats wrong with the way EVERY other company does it, with a top level menu of major functions and maybe 1 or sub menus below that.

I deslike Motorola's voice dial becuase its totaly screen prompted, so if the phone doesnt understand, you still need to look at the screen to see whats up, defeating the point in the first place. All the other phones with voice dial have voice response, will prompt you with a "Name, Please" and various other messages never requiring you to look at the phone...

I don't think size was a big factor, I would get plenty of customers who dont want a small phone, the would see the 270, ask about it, then when they heard the price would instanly forget about it. The phone was nearly as much as a V60 at the time, more than a TM-510, 5 times what a V120 cost. If it had been in the $69-99 price range after activation, I would have sold tons.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    At the time I bought my 270c the v120c's were going for $99. The 270c was $149 and the v60c/i was selling for $249 with a $50 rebate. Sure, the 270c at $150 isn't cheap, but given the features of those three models I would argue it was by far the best buy among the Motorola phones being sold by Verizon at the time. Also, I had previously used StarTacs on US Cellular and Sprint, so I was comfortable with Motorola, but by no means "loyal" to any particular brand.

As for menus, the only manufacturer that has had less than confusing interfaces (in my personal experience anyway) has been Qualcomm/Kyocera. I had a Kyocera 3035e for a while, and it didn't take me any time to figure out the menus on that phone. When I had the Audiovox CDM9500 it took me forever to figure out where things were in that menu.

I think part of the problem lies with the reps at corporate stores, but most of the blame goes to uneducated consumers that just want what they see everyone else has. When I first entered the VZW store the lady that helped me was showing me the Z800 and the v60. I asked about the 270c and she said (probably part-truthfully) we don't sell many of those, there are better choices. When I made it clear I was deciding between the Kyocera 2235 ($49) and the 270c that was selling for $100 more, suddenly the 270c was a great phone that everyone should own! When a commission is at stake, it is amazing how the quality of a phone can change.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast