Thread: Nokia/Voicestream Fax

Feedback Score

Talking Nokia/Voicestream Fax

I have a 5190 with Voicestream. I have a laptop, data cable, Data Suite 2.0, and Winfax Pro 10. I've tried everything I can think of and still get 'Error in Connection' everytime I try to send a test fax to my home fax machine. I would really like to send faxes from my work van with the laptop(IBM 266mhz, 64 meg, and 4 gig HD). If anyone has done this and was successful it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I am using Windows ME as the OS.
    Last edited by fmkj54; 07-20-2001 at 09:50 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you activated data service?

Feedback Score
    I called Support twice and got two conflicting responses. 1) should work with the service you have activated. 2) No, we don't have fax service in your area. I did try to use 'Hyperterminal' to call a local isp through the GSM digital phone and it worked fine so I still don't understand why it wouldn't act just like a land line.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Eureka!

Yes, after 6 calls to tech support I finally reached someone that actually knew something. Everything that I had set up was fine except that the data switch(yes howard you were right) inside the phone had not been set at activation. If anyone has enhanced voicemail then the fax service with the same # is part of your service package. If you don't have enhanced voicemail then for $10 a month you can still get fax activation service. If you want to get someone that has the tech support #877-217-1135 has informed people. Sonja helped me with the remote activation and Voila! I CAN FAX!