Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NEW M600i Firmware available from update service

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had sooooooooooo many problems with this phone, that I will be getting rid of it and going back to E61. E61 is much much more stable than M600, Even upgrading it to latest firmware doesn't help at all.

Device(s)
    SE: M600i-P800
    Carrier(s)
    Etisalat 3G
    Feedback Score
    kamranwpi, really? Even the latest firmware didnt help? What problems are you facing? Maybe its a user problem rather than a phone problem?

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Frequent freezing of the phone w/o any reason. I would be surfing the web and it would just lock on me, then I would shut it down and only way to do that is by taking the battery out, and taking the battery out and putting it back in isn't fun either.
    Second problem I have is, that Exchange wont work, it works fine w/ E61, but not w/ M600. I have tzone plan, and all of my other phones sync fine.
    I want to LOVE this phone, but it's not happening. Also the other day I was talking on the phone, and phone froze, and it wont even let me shut the call off, since there isn't any hard button on the phone to shut the call off. Any way, I had my good 3 days with this phone, and I am not going to turn it on again. It's going to go on ebay.

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kamranwpi
    Frequent freezing of the phone w/o any reason. I would be surfing the web and it would just lock on me, then I would shut it down and only way to do that is by taking the battery out, and taking the battery out and putting it back in isn't fun either.
    Second problem I have is, that Exchange wont work, it works fine w/ E61, but not w/ M600. I have tzone plan, and all of my other phones sync fine.
    I want to LOVE this phone, but it's not happening. Also the other day I was talking on the phone, and phone froze, and it wont even let me shut the call off, since there isn't any hard button on the phone to shut the call off. Any way, I had my good 3 days with this phone, and I am not going to turn it on again. It's going to go on ebay.
    It seems like you made your mind up already but it seems to me that your phone seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

I also don't think you've downloaded the latest firmware update because some of your problems just don't exist with the latest firmware update (i.e. there IS a hardware button that ends the calls).

Device(s)
    Nokia E61i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrk_InProgress
    It seems like you made your mind up already but it seems to me that your phone seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

I also don't think you've downloaded the latest firmware update because some of your problems just don't exist with the latest firmware update (i.e. there IS a hardware button that ends the calls).
    Which hardware button ends the call? also where do I get the latest firmware? I have a UK version of SE M600i I think, so I did select English UK. THen updated the firmware, and I thought that would have fixed it.

I still have the phone, please tell me where should I go and update the firmware? IF all goes well, I love this phone. Don't take me wrong. I want to LOVE this phone, size apps, everything is perfect.

Are you watching SOCCER? Great game between ITALY/FRANCE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Etisalat 3G
    Feedback Score
    kamwanwpi, the jog dial on the left hand side is the physical button to switch it off. Push it in to accept a call and to end the call. Get the latest firmware rfom sonyericsson.com and support. Download the small software to upload the newfirm ware instantly into your phone!

I was just about to comment on the game! Stupid finale for Zidane. No sportsmanship at all.

Device(s)
    Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity
    kamwanwpi, the jog dial on the left hand side is the physical button to switch it off. Push it in to accept a call and to end the call. Get the latest firmware rfom sonyericsson.com and support. Download the small software to upload the newfirm ware instantly into your phone!

I was just about to comment on the game! Stupid finale for Zidane. No sportsmanship at all.
    Furthermore, you can reject calls by pressing the back button

kamwanwpi, you should check for a newer update (R3A)

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmarc
    Do any you wizards know if the Sony Ericsson Update Service requires any Internet Connectivity once the application is fully started? Because my only current internet connectivity is the phone itself, and during the update process one must shut it down..

I get as far as attaching the phone to the USB cable while holding the Internet button, it then says release "C" button, I release Internet Button, and the app then seems to get stuck in the "Identifying Phone" phase. I have waited for 10-15 minutes but nothing happens. Any ideas?
    Does anybody know if you can use the phone you are updating as the Internet Connection?

Thanks!

///DM

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by howdoin
    Anybody else has problem with BB Connect after upgrade?

I upgraded my M600 yesterday and after the upgrade BB Connect is not working anymore - I re-installed it but it does not change anything my provider cannot send Service Books to the phone anymore.

The upgrade makes the phone a little faster and fixes some bugs but at the same time it is incompatible with the BBC I have

Anyone has a version of BBConnect that works with the firmware upgrade? What other solution do I have to have push emails?
    just reposting in hopes to get an answer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Etisalat 3G
    Feedback Score
    what is BB?

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity
    what is BB?
    Blackberry.

Blackberry Connect (or BBC) allows you to get Blackberry on your symbian phone (if compatible and supported).
    The M600i does have this option if you want push emails, the only problem is to get the .sis file which is curently only available through Singtel (Singapore) and another provider in Sweden.
    The .sis file currently available only works with the original firmware, they are not compatible with the latest version.

Device(s)
    M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    New firmware update posted today.

Downloading as we speak and will try it out with Blackberry Connect ASAP. I know that tSE Singapore has a fix for the blackberry connect but they won't release it outside of their service center, no download, the fix it BBC 3.31 sis file.

Well update took a long time. I do not see much difference for the moment, maybe a better reaction time when opening menus but that seems to be it.
    Tried to load the BBC 3.28 but it still is not working... someone please post the 3.31 asap
    Last edited by howdoin; 07-14-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    Howdoin,

What is the new firmware version? Mine is currently at R3A004.

Thanks

Device(s)
    K700i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RxistKJ
    Howdoin,

What is the new firmware version? Mine is currently at R3A004.

Thanks
    I just updated using SEUS and its now R4A002. I've forgotten already what the previous firmware was, but it kept warning me of low battery even when it was 87% charged.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bilbo,

Have you, or anyone else who has installed this latest firmware, noticed any minor or major improvements? Any new functionality discovered yet for example the ability to create profiles (meeting, silent, etc.)?

Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast