Thread: NEW M600i Firmware available from update service

Device(s)
    iPhone 4/Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i know this question may be a little late and stupid but can anyone give me the link where to update the m600 firmware? I rather do it with a usb cable instead of paying money and receiving it over the air. So yeah. Help me would really nice.
    HF/CB

"this thing you want, that you think you want, you dont want"
    LOL. KEANU FTW

i wasn't born in 1977.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Device(s)
    iPhone 4/Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    uh part 2 of my stupid question. how do i work this ? lol. I did everything up to the place where it gives directions. I mean wat do i do? theres no c on the phone. Can anyone give me the easy easy easy version of the directions? and also does the fiirmware speed up the ui?

Device(s)
    Open
    Carrier(s)
    T-MO U.S.A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Thumbs up

instead of c, use the right shortcut button or internet default button, and YES, the new r9a002 latest firmware is very fast and stable, ever since i updated to this firmware, my m600i never crashed for straight 3 days now, menu opening and navigation is smoother and faster than the previous firmware

FeedBacks Below

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=benchmade42

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=41745

There's a thing in my pocket, but it's not one thing, it's many

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With the new firmware, anyone having problems getting Blackberry connect to work? I can't seem to get the Service books after the firmware upgrade. I'm with Cingular.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmade42
    instead of c, use the right shortcut button or internet default button, and YES, the new r9a002 latest firmware is very fast and stable, ever since i updated to this firmware, my m600i never crashed for straight 3 days now, menu opening and navigation is smoother and faster than the previous firmware
    just use the C on the keyboard

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    SE m600i + HBH660 + Anycom BSH-100
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, so I have been using the latest firmware for about a week and my phone still crashes regularly. The culprit, I believe, is messaging. I though maybe I didn't do the firmware upgrade right or that by recovering my backed up data that somehow the phone was still being corrupted. SO last night I did a clean firmware install and loaded my contacts, programs and email settings back on to the phone cleanly from scratch. Still crashes. Its messaging. The symtoms that lead me to beleive this are as follows: the phone lock ups most times I receive new email: the jog wheel is unresponsive, or time stops at the last email sequence, or messaging won't open, or close when I quit it from the task manager. ANyone else having similar problems? I have one email account, IMAP, about 200 or so messages on the sever, message notification is turned off. Any help or suggestions?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Im using a similar configuration, but I have two imap accounts using self signed certificates for SSL. Each account has roughly 400 messages. No problem here.

Perhaps one of your email might an currupted / illegal mail headers? You might want to use a computer client to clean that out. Put everything in another root level folder outside of your inbox. I know a few people who likes to organize their email that way, which does cause serious problems.

Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700, 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    One small question. Should i backup all my text messages and documents before updating the firmware?

thanks!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson M600i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, everything will go poof in this update because it's a major update.
    It is also good to note that this procedure can take up arond 45mins. After the update, the phone will spend a good 15 or so mins rewriting everything. Just have patience even though it looks like you've "bricked" it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i was going to do this earlier before heading in to work, but i'll do it when i get home. one thing i did notice was that it said i had the latest version available, but i'm using R4A. I selected English (US) i'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Should i force it to do an upgrade even though it says i have the latest available? will it actually upgrade to R9A?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ok i tried UK english this time and it still says i have the latest version available. I said continue anyways, and it installed R4A (which was already on my phone).

Right now this is what my phone displays:
    Phone: CXC 162037 R4A002
    BT: CXC 162058 R3A01
    Org: CXC 162071 R3B01
    CDA: CDA162016/69 R2A04

Can somebody tell me what i did wrong?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    bah...i think i figured out my problem. i have a non uk cda with a qwertz keypad and apparently the updated firmware for that version isn't out yet. lame. shame on me for buying from x1387. :/

Device(s)
    m600i
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Firmware location versions

Hi all,

I've searched for this questions already and hope you guys could shed some light. I will be getting my m600i from hong kong in a few days and was wondering whether it matters which SE website I get the firmware update from. If I go to, say the US or UK site, would I download a version that doesn't have chinese or will the firmware tool automatically select the version for me? The reason I am asking is that I think there is a newer version than the one from hong kong, but I am afraid I will not be able to read/write chinese after I download the non-hong kong version (if I could download that version at all).

Thanks.

Device(s)
    SE M600i
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm running a M600i that I purchased from HK.

the firmware group for the Organizer is: CXC 162093 R3A06
    this is different from what I see others using i.e. CXC 162071.

Is it possible to change or update the organizer firmware to the generic World

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast