Thread: Can you port a number to an existing Verizon account?

Feedback Score

Can you port a number to an existing Verizon account?

I signed up for a new Verizon account and was given a new phone number. I also have my old Sprint account which I haven't cancelled yet. Is it still possible for me to port my Sprint number over to Verizon and have it replace my current Verizon phone number?

Or, do you have to port your number when you sign up for new service?
    Last edited by DanIdentity; 08-01-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Device(s)
    BB 8130 (MacBook Pro User)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Short anwer: yes you can, regular porting rules still apply.

Long answer: as long as both contracts are in your name or you are an authorized signer/account holder (whatever) on both accounts or a combination of both then you just have to call CS and they'll start the port-in process at any time.
    I left my job working in the cellphone industry to work with the developmentally disabled, and then went back to finish my graduate degree. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.

[CENTER]Like you've never wanted to vote on who would win in a fight between Superman and the Silver Surfer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chakos151
    Short anwer: yes you can, regular porting rules still apply.

Long answer: as long as both contracts are in your name or you are an authorized signer/account holder (whatever) on both accounts or a combination of both then you just have to call CS and they'll start the port-in process at any time.
    Yup both contracts are in my name. I just wasn't sure if the number HAD to be ported when I signed the new contract with Verizon.

Thanks for the info.