Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bluejacking on V3C? Verizon

Feedback Score
    Well all you have to do is create a contact with a message you would like to send to the " potential bluejacker" person. Then you would want to copy the contact and do it by clicking bluetooth. After finding the bluetooth ID you send the contact and thats bluejacking

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can we kill this thread?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRupT
    Well all you have to do is create a contact with a message you would like to send to the " potential bluejacker" person. Then you would want to copy the contact and do it by clicking bluetooth. After finding the bluetooth ID you send the contact and thats bluejacking
    But the point is... on the Verizon V3C... you can NOT PUSH a contact or anything from the phone to another phone... Verizon's bluetooth implimentation does NOT support this...

An important part of the quote from scooterphish about Object Exchange (OBEX)
    Three application profiles have been developed using OBEX which include SYNC, FTP and OPP.
    Here is where the problem comes in... The bluetooth support of the Verizon V3C with .02 firmware, or LEAKED .04P firmware is limited to the ONE profile...

from -> http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Learn/Glossary/
    File Transfer Profile (FTP)
    FTP defines how folders and files on a server device can be browsed by a client device. Once a file or location is found by the client, a file can be pulled from the server to the client, or pushed from the client to the server using GOEP.

Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)
    GOEP is used to transfer an object from one device to another. The object may be any object such as a picture, document, business card, etc. The profile defines two roles, a server that provides the location form which an object is pulled or pushed, as well as a client that initiates the action. GOEP provides a generic blueprint for other profiles using the OBEX protocol.
    Basically, this allows OTHER Bluetooth Devices (like a PC or PDA) to Browse the FILES on the V3C, and even copy files with the phone... (i.e. from PC to phone, or phone to PC)... BUT the other device must initiate the FILE transfer. i.e. the PC or PDA must establish the connection, retrieve the file/folder list of items on the phone, and start the transfers...

The Verizon V3C can NOT initiate the sending or receiving of the file being tranfered via the Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer profile.

Now, if Verizon also supported....
    from -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetoo...tooth_profiles
    Object Push Profile (OPP)
    A basic profile for sending "objects" such as pictures, virtual business cards, or appointment details. It is called push because the transfers are always instigated by the sender (client), not the receiver (server).
    Then the VZW V3C could send the contact, file, etc... to another bluetooth device...

But the Verizon V3C does not support this...

Now, while I don't completely understand Bluetjacking... But it would appear from this disucssion that OPP is needed, so that you could send a message, contact, etc.. from your phone, to the phone you want to "bluejack" and since the Verizon V3C doesn't have the necessary Bluetooth Profiles, it CAN'T.

So, this thread is done. Right?

NOTE: The Verizon V3C must have firmware GATW_01.0F.02, or have been flashed AT HOME with the Leaked GATW_01.0F.04 to support Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer profile. Verizon's GATW_01.0F.03 or store flashed GATW_01.0F.04 do NOT support this profile!!

The Alltel V3C firmware DOES support Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers, and Object Push (OPP).... and if you flash the Verizon V3C with Alltel's V3C firmware, your phone WILL support both also... However, you will have work trying to get the Verizon specific features (web, messaging, get-it-now, vcast, etc..) working again.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Almost done. I first just wanted to say that I'm not some weirdo that wanted to send messages that say, "hey baby, nice pink top." It's for a magic trick where you send the selected card to the individual during a trick. I just wanted to make that clear.

Also, I didn't know there was a .04p leaked firmware. Cool. I'm gonna have to look around for it. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robvs
    Also, I didn't know there was a .04p leaked firmware. Cool. I'm gonna have to look around for it. Thanks.
    The Leaked .04 firmware (available at http://ryfiles.com/flash or http://www.humpa.com/vzw ) is exactly the same as the Store Flashed version of .04 EXCEPT the LEAKED .04 will give you BT OBEX FT's even if you had .03 on your phone!!! the S/W version as listed via the phone's menu is EXACTLY the same as the store flashed version, and there is no way to tell which you have..

Btw, make sure you check out the info on the .04 firmware and any bugs before you flash...

Hit http://mark.cdmaforums.com when you get there, click the link for V3C INFO... you see firmware info

Feedback Score
    Please reload all firmware files. All links are not valid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by art-udav View Post
    Please reload all firmware files. All links are not valid.
    Because the phone is 12yrs old. I doubt anyone even still has those files around?
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2