Thread: LG VX8500 MP3s, ID3 tags, and iTunes

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

LG VX8500 MP3s, ID3 tags, and iTunes

This is how I got my 8500 to play my mp3s in track order and have ID3 tags:

1. Go to iTunes, find the album(I put on whole albums but single songs work fine), right-click on the song or whole album and select "Convert ID3 tag".

2. In the ID3 tag box after you select that option, check the box that says "ID3 tag version" then bring down the menu next to it and select "v1.0" for the version and hit "OK".

3. Go back to the album or song that you selected and edit each song title and put its track number at the beginning of the title, for example, it should look like this "01 Intro" .

4. Highlight whatever songs or full album that you want and drag it to the microSD folder and then into the "my_music" folder.

5. And there you go. You still have ID3 recognition and will still have track order for your albums.

Feedback Score
    After trying all day I finally got all of my tags to work. I used Mp3tag available from http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ for free. Then went to tools-options and under write chose id3v1 and id3v2.3 iso-8859-1. Go back highlight all your files and click the save icon. It will rewrite all the tags. Put the stick back in and all was fine for me.

White Plains, NY (Home) Ithaca, NY (College)
    Device(s)
    LG EnV + Moto H500
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ma celly: LGE-VX8100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

id3 tags can be edited in the file properties menu. although it is much easier to use an id3 tag application when batch processing.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I must be missing something here. Since I can't get the cable and phone to work right I'm stuck using the memory card by itself. My files look like this:

01 - Clipse - Blow.mp3
    02 - Clipse - Grindin.mp3
    Etc.

The tags read perfectly in iTunes and WMP10 but when I load the song onto the card, I end up with

01 - Clipse - ...
    02 - Clipse - ...
    etc.

It cuts off most of the information. I still don't see why the phone/cable won't work. I installed the drivers and even reinstalled WMP10 and the phone still says, "Connect Failure". Very frustrating...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the title is there. the "..." is just to save room on the screen. it doesnt cut the title its just to save room.

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotbeer
    After trying all day I finally got all of my tags to work. I used Mp3tag available from http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ for free. Then went to tools-options and under write chose id3v1 and id3v2.3 iso-8859-1. Go back highlight all your files and click the save icon. It will rewrite all the tags. Put the stick back in and all was fine for me.
    Thanks for the tip! Finally, all of my tags are displayed correctly.
    Personal messages asking where to get LGDownload or QPST are immediately deleted, so don't bother. They aren't hard to find, search google and mobile-files.com.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do your original tags have the track numbers listed as "1 of 12" or just as "1"?

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Both. ID3v1 is just "1" and ID3v2 is "1/12".

Feedback Score
    The phone has problems reading long file names. There was a program that came with the MEK VCAST Music Moniter that warns of filenames that are to long and make corrections automatically.

Device(s)
    Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    this also works on winamp, if you click the song title while it's playing and with dbpoweramp (a great music converter) with dbpoweramp you just right click on the file and choose edit idtag.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I finally worked out how to get the songs to show up correctly but it's excessively complicated and time consuming.

I am still unable to get the phone to "sync" with WMP10 however. Followed all the instructions and I get "Connect Failed" after my computer asks me to install the LG CDMA USB Modem. Device manager shows it as installed and working prior to connecting the phone. Thisis becoming extremely frustrating after buying the MEK and the 2 gig card. $140 total.....

Device(s)
    Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You get the mek free with a 2gb card. Also if your a merits customer you can get a 2gb for 85$

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm an employee... I know I can get the $30 rebate but i'm going to return everything if I can't get it to sync right. While it would be nice to combine devices, my ipod hasn't given me any trouble. It's not really the amount of money that bothers me so much as the time and frustration.

Device(s)
    LG vx8100 V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    w00t! first page on a sticky!
    I love my 8100!

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (I'm new - please don't disappoint!)
    Feedback Score
    Doing this cancells out album art you have in iTunes. NOT GOOD. FYI.
    Past phones: Samsung A530, Moto E815, LG VX8500, Samsung U600, Apple iPhone 8GB, Moto Razr2 V9M, iPhone 32GB 3GS, RIM BB Pearl 8130, BB 9700

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast