Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogers is charging for TEXT messaging????

Feedback Score

Angry Rogers is charging for TEXT messaging????

Did anyone out there get a notice prior to December 1st explaining that out going and incoming TEXT messages are going to cost $0.10 per message??? Apparently a notice was sent and they communicated this information via a text message!! I got no such notice!!!

Apparently the notice was sent and so they won't reverse any charges.....which is a lot for me cause I use text messaging like crazy!! I have that enhanced message plan which i thought included text messaging but as I now understand it has unlimited incoming messages but all out going is $0.10. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Device(s)
    nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    fido.ca
    Feedback Score
    don't understand how people can make you sign a contract and then change the terms of that contract without you agreeing to it.

Device(s)
    Apple iphone4,Nokia N97 NAM, Nokia N95-3, 2GB memory card
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you did not get a text sent to your phone, and obviously did not get a message listed on your statement, they can not charge you for text. They would have to reverse the charges until they send something to you in writing informing you of the change. If they do not, cancel with them . Thats my plan anyways . I have been with them over 8 yrs, they have not charged me for text outgoing yet, and they have not informed me that they will yet...I had no charges on my Dec statement and no notice of future text charges for outgoing messages..My Jan stmt should be interesting....

T

Device(s)
    SE K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I guess (and hope) that charge will only apply to new activation on GSM?? I added Messaging Pack after I upgraded to GSM earlier this month and the CS told me I would get unlimited incoming text messages (free) and 10 cents for outgoing. On their web site, it still says Messaging Pack includes free unlimited incoming messages:
    http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...0P8J6FX0QP4D1C
    I think I'd better stop using SMS for now and wait for my upcoming bill...

Device(s)
    SE X10/HTC Dream
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i'm pretty sure that on either your november, or december bill, it states that its going to be $.10 for each msg sent. At least that was on my bill, and also my bro's and sis's.

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well maybe something happened that that noctice wasn't sent to you.. cause. i received the notice.. abt it. actually they sent me 2 txt msgs about it.. as well as my friends.. as well...
    [Selling 6FT DVI to DVI Cables]

My Call Sign for XBOX Live is : SS Talon
    My Call Sign for PS3 is : sstalon
    Game Center is : sstalon
    Ping is : sstalon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    nokia 3360
    Carrier(s)
    rogers at&t
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

people, to settle this once and for all...they do have three packages for sms...get started, get lots, and get lots more and they all are $5.00, $10.00, and $15.00 and they entitle you to a block of messages that can be sent out(25, 100, and 250). incoming messages will not be charged at all if you have either of these packages. once you have gone over the limit, you will pay $.10 if you are on the $5.00 plan, and $.05 if you are in any of the other plans. details can be found at the rogers website.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    2 cans and a very long string!
    Feedback Score
    If you've had the $7 messaging bundle before they starting charging per message, you actually get 100 send/ unlim receive a month. I've had the $7 messaging pack since Sept. of 2ooo and have never been charged on a per message basis.

Feedback Score
    i'm in vancouver, and rogers hasn't started charging me for sms, so i do think that if u did have the msging pack from before the ppu garbage they won't charge you.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Your statement is the exact thing same message that was communicated to me when I spoke to the CS person back in August 2001. 100 outgoing and unlimited receive.

However, my latest bill does charge outgoing SMS for the month of Dec 01.

It's interested that I never got those text messages from rogers about the change. I was screwed by not reading my bill carefully, since I switch to using an online method and only care about the summary/totals.
    EF

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well my billin starts on the 11th of every month. I did not get charged anything on my dec statement for outgoing and I know I sent some cause I send lots. I am very curious to see what happens on my Jan stmt, I still have not received notice of being charged either on my dec statement or via text to my cell phone. I will keep you posted prob late Jan when my bill comes available online...

cheers,
    T

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by YNOTT
    Well my billin starts on the 11th of every month. I did not get charged anything on my dec statement for outgoing and I know I sent some cause I send lots. I am very curious to see what happens on my Jan stmt, I still have not received notice of being charged either on my dec statement or via text to my cell phone. I will keep you posted prob late Jan when my bill comes available online...

cheers,
    T
    i believe i got my bill today and i didn't get charged for the 5 txt msgs i sent. ODD! oh well.
    Current Plan: Koodo $48 MB/SK
    cuto's feedback
    cuto's old special RBC corp plan
    Old plan - 250 min, UL eve/we @ 6pm, UL incoming, UL SMS, R2R, CID, VM, & 100min CDN LD = $25 - $5 credit + 15% off Better Choice Bundles + SAF + 911 = $27.63/month

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by williamsboy
    people, to settle this once and for all...they do have three packages for sms...get started, get lots, and get lots more and they all are $5.00, $10.00, and $15.00 and they entitle you to a block of messages that can be sent out(25, 100, and 250). incoming messages will not be charged at all if you have either of these packages. once you have gone over the limit, you will pay $.10 if you are on the $5.00 plan, and $.05 if you are in any of the other plans. details can be found at the rogers website.
    OUCH!!! TOO EXPENSIVE

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know what the prices are supposed to be according to the Rogers website..Point is I have not been charged anything yet, and have not been advised of any changes at all via either a text to my phone or on my statement. It makes me happy that I have not been charged, I have to wait to see what they got me one once I get my statement. I wont call cause they might start charging me !

T

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

TEXT MESSAGING CHARGES

Well I just got my Jan stmt online, and lucky me, still no charges for any of my text messaging. I have the $7 voicemail package which includes free received but should be .10 cents per message sent. I have yet to be charged, wonder why ? I like it !

T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast