Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited demos for LG VX8300.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Works fine on my VX8300 w/ v03. Hooray for free tokyopop magazine while on the crapper.

Feedback Score
    i have v03 and i wanted to try this. I had a trial of VZNav set to expire tomorrow so i deleted it off my phone, then went into bitpim, deleted prefs.dat, and then checked to see if i could get a demo again for Nav...it didnt give me the option for another free demo, but I rebooted my phone and then checked and it was there! How come no one has mentioned or has had to reboot the phone before it appears??? I hope this works and doesnt just look like a free trial that will still charge me besides air time.

So even though i read this thread with a ridiculously large amount of instructions to do the same thing that included backing up the VZnav folders, i guess i dont need to do all that and its just as simple as deleting the app, the prefs.dat and rebooting and redownloading??
    Last edited by guts311; 11-12-2006 at 05:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Also, when they say air time required for use (VZNav uses this right?)..what exactly does that mean???

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    when you are searching for anything in vznavi or getting a route it uses airtime, this can all be noticed by the phone in use airtime symbol at the top of either the front screen or main screen, its the same symbol when your phone is in a call

Device(s)
    VX9800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

vx9800

Works on the 9800! What others apps offer demos besides vz nav?

Device(s)
    xv6800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got v03 today and this works...Thanks. People may want to jump on this because some demos expire tomorrow.

Now my question, I got this to work with VZNav. Let's say I see a demo I want next month. If I delete the file again will VZNAv still be considered a demo at that time since it is past the demo date? Will it register as a reg program?

Device(s)
    Droid Does
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon of course
    Feedback Score
    anyone have a list of games available with free demos?
    lol....i know its wishful thinking

Feedback Score
    ok, I just got the krzr form motorola.. my demo for vz navigator expired.... i deleted pref.dat, and then delted the app from my phone. When I go to re download the program it only has the 2.99 and 9.99 option.. no free trial. can some one help me? i already have bit pim and the cables....

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It might not work on motos.

Device(s)
    Samsung a990
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This works GREAT! Thanks for the post, will this also work for the vx8500 and vx8600?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

www.wecellstuff.com

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 enV2 x 2
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    I just did this successfully on my LG VX5300 with v03 software and it worked. If I end up liking VZ Nav that much I may end up doing the old download 9.99 one/backup brew tree/unhook phone/delete app/restart phone and bitpim and restore brew tree. Thanks for this cool info.

Tracy

Feedback Score
    Anyone know how to do this with the motorola krzr?????? backup vz nav, and all that stuff

Feedback Score
    hi im new and i got my phone in december so im wonderin if this works for games. Wen i downloaded the 5 minute free trial for zuma and did this thingy, i couldn't get it bak for anything more than 5 mins. I did it though, for vzw navigator and it worked just fine. U know how to make it work?

Feedback Score
    this is really wishful thinking, but does anyone out there have a program that u can put into ur phone and wenever u delete an app it deletes the prefs.dat file so u dont have to use bitpim to get rid of it?

Device(s)
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1. You can only get what the demo says you get. If it's 5 minutes, it's 5 minutes.

2. No, there is no program you can put on your phone to delete prefs.dat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast