3G in Erie, PA?

Its already been almost 3 weeks so hopefully ATT is launching soon.

I think it just depends on when they decide to update the map. We got a 3G overlay about a week or two before it showed up on the maps. What's more is that the map update was labeled 6/15/09 when the actual overlay occurred around 6/20 or 6/21 and the map was actually updated around 6/25. I think... for some reason those dates seems a little too close together, but it might be true. I recall being skeptical if the overlay was just a test or permanent for nearly a week because they weren't updating the map.

Please tell me they do have a disclaimer on the map telling prospective customers that coverage is just a suggestion, like stop signs in Boston? :evil:

I've noticed recently when driving in areas that used to have maybe 2-3 bars of edge now have full bars all the time - both on my iPhone and my mothers LG Shine. When ATT deploys 3G do they also beef up the edge signal?

ttttrrrreeeeyyy said:
I've noticed recently when driving in areas that used to have maybe 2-3 bars of edge now have full bars all the time - both on my iPhone and my mothers LG Shine. When ATT deploys 3G do they also beef up the edge signal?

It's probably from a new cell site. They fired up a few new ones in our area last year around when they deployed 3g.

Finally! I noticed 3G pop-up at about 5:30 PM and I'm getting very fast results from speedtests - as high as 2.5 mbps down and 300 up. That's faster than my Verizon DSL!

Also, I'm curious... does anyone know if ATT overlayed 850mhz with their 3G expansion?

Finally, Jut noticed today that mine and my wife's phone now say 3G.

ATT is indeed using the 850mhz frequency in Erie - I put my iPhone into field test mode and comfirmed that they are using 876.5 instead of 1900mhz! Great coverage everywhere - I have yet to go below 5 bars.

Back