Aio doesn't like VPNs

Tim-of-NC

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
T-Mobile
Device(s)
iPhone 13 pro
I tried setting up a VPN on my moto g and every time there was data activity the network connection would drop. I tried doing different things and always got the same result. I was able to use a VPN on gophone so it's definitely a aio restriction. If anybody is considering aio and likes to use a VPN keep that in mind.

Sent from my Moto G on aio

I tried setting up a VPN on my moto g and every time there was data activity the network connection would drop. I tried doing different things and always got the same result. I was able to use a VPN on gophone so it's definitely a aio restriction. If anybody is considering aio and likes to use a VPN keep that in mind.

I have no issues using an openvpn or l2tp VPN on aio. What kind of VPN are you using: l2tp, pptp, etc.?

I have no issues using an openvpn or l2tp VPN on aio. What kind of VPN are you using: l2tp, pptp, etc.?

I was unable to get my pptp VPN working on aio a few months ago, myself. Never found the issue, I just ended up tethering to my Verizon phone on the rare occasion I needed to use my VPN.

Sent with the HoFo App

I was unable to get my pptp VPN working on aio a few months ago, myself. Never found the issue, I just ended up tethering to my Verizon phone on the rare occasion I needed to use my VPN.

Sent with the HoFo App

I'll guess that aio doesn't handle GRE.

That sounds reasonable. It would make sense that their proxy probably doesn't support it. If I try aio again maybe I'll pick it apart and verify.

Sent with the HoFo App

It was pptp

Seems to me that their proxy is the reason for this? OP: are you trying to use a VPN for internet privacy purposes or it's a company VPN/intranet thing?

CM 11 HTC One X on aio Wireless

Just privacy I may have to try using another.

I had both pptp, l2tp and open vpn problems when on aio and straight talk(att). I finally switched to the new att share Mobile value plan, byod, no contract with 3 lines, works out to almost the same as ST or aio for 3 lines. (I have a 20% fan discount, so very close)

Sent with the HoFo App

I had both pptp, l2tp and open vpn problems when on aio and straight talk(att). I finally switched to the new att share Mobile value plan, byod, no contract with 3 lines, works out to almost the same as ST or aio for 3 lines. (I have a 20% fan discount, so very close)

Sent with the HoFo App

Interesting that I have no openvpn problems. It just works for me.

Back