America Movil buys Page Plus

Now all "world" smartphones from Verizon are unlocked, but from what I read, GSM side doesn't work well with LTE. People had to turn off LTE otherwise voice doesn't work well - dropped calls, couldn't dial out, etc. They say it's some kind of Android bug but I don't know if there's a problem with all phones or just some models.

Well we were talking specifically the iphone 5S, so if it doesn't work, it would not be an android bug. :)

Sent with the HoFo App

If PP get LTE,then I would stay with PP until then, if not, then I'd go with someone who does. Net10 maybe? Airvoice and H2O maybe if they get it by then. Right now it's too early to tell who is the winner of this race.

yeah, once I get tired of my iphone 4S, if PPC doesn't allow newer 4G phones or the iPhone>=5, I'll probably also go to Airvoice. Remember Airvoice/AT&T non-LTE data (HSPA/3.5G) is still much faster than Verizon 3G. The biggest issue with Airvoice now is the stupid 50% data rule...

yeah, once I get tired of my iphone 4S, if PPC doesn't allow newer 4G phones or the iPhone>=5, I'll probably also go to Airvoice. Remember Airvoice/AT&T non-LTE data (HSPA/3.5G) is still much faster than Verizon 3G. The biggest issue with Airvoice now is the stupid 50% data rule...

What is the "50% data rule"?

I'm wondering if Pagepus dealers will also become Tracfone dealers, or have that option. Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if Pagepus dealers will also become Tracfone dealers, or have that option. Any thoughts?
No AM will not let the rinky dink PPC dealers become TF dealers. A lot of PPC dealers have no physical locations even though they're supposed to. And I expect AM to revoke all low volume PPC dealers.

I heard they cut a deal with walmart and they will be selling refills along with activations
So I agree alot of dealers will lose page plus stores or onlone does not matter

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

He want cut no Dealers........

Look at this way, we all know Carlos is a Greedy Money Hungry Person....

Even if small Dealers only bring small numbers in, its still making him MONEY....

He want change anything much on that front with Page Plus.

Just don't make sense for him to do so......

It really amazes me all the speculation from everyone when something like this happens...

I know for a fact that Dealers have been assured nothing would change for them, and to keep up the good work.

Viper

Bet spiffs as they are now will not last long

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; pcdadr6350 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

At the bottom of the PagePlus website, it now says "Copyright 2014 TracFone Wireless... a subsidiary of America Movil"...

Slynkwyde - that's funny! I think Viper got caught in an autocorrect vortex. He usually is much more eloquent.

Go Hawks!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; pcdadr6350 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

At the bottom of the PagePlus website, it now says "Copyright 2014 TracFone Wireless... a subsidiary of America Movil"...

However, the bottom right of the Tracfone website doesn't yet mention Page Plus as one of its sister brands.

Slynkwyde - that's funny! I think Viper got caught in an autocorrect vortex. He usually is much more eloquent.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, No Doubt......

Not to mention i have been up for 36 hrs, with a sick kid and a wife that had surgery yesterday.....

I am wore out for sure ;)

Viper

I heard they cut a deal with walmart and they will be selling refills along with activations
Uh oh that might be bad news for pp paygo users. If the mass public finds out they can pay $2.50/month instead of $6.67/month for low usage folks, a lot of tracfone users might switch to pp and tracfone will lose money. In order to prevent it, they will need to raise the price on pp. Let's see what will happen.
However, the bottom right of the Tracfone website doesn't yet mention Page Plus as one of its sister brands.
It doesn't list Simple Mobile either, so it likely won't happen. Besides, pp is more like cousin than sister. :p

How did Carlos treat Simple Mobile dealers? Can we assume that pp dealers will get the same treatment?

Sent with the HoFo App

Back