America Movil buys Page Plus

Time to look to other options to port to. Not happy about this.
Where are you going? TM is worthless in my area, don't know about Sprint here, no other non Slim owned VZW MVNO worth looking at. So I'm looking hard at AirVoice. With AirVoice I have to buy a GSM Android. I need ~1200min/100txt/50MB. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is VERY bad news for me!

Well, Time to look for a new provider.

DO NOT give America Movil a chance. They SUCK horribly. You can read all the complaints about NET10, Straight Talk etc including cutting data off even tho it's unlimited.

Any suggestions for BYOD Verizon providers?

I'm buying a HTC One and going to Good2Go Mobile. No way I'm doing business with any entity that is owned by America Movil.

Where are you going? TM is worthless in my area, don't know about Sprint here, no other non Slim owned VZW MVNO worth looking at. So I'm looking hard at AirVoice. With AirVoice I have to buy a GSM Android. I need ~1200min/100txt/50MB. Any ideas? Thanks.

One possible choice is Talk For Good, which also uses the Verizon network. I have my main phone on Page Plus, but I also have an android phone on TFG that I use mostly for data. I have been very happy with TFG and if the buyout of Page Plus causes any problems, I will probably port my PP phone to TFG.

Well I'm debating AirVoice $35 UTnT 100MB or Good2Go Mobile $40 UTnT 250MB. I like CDMA penetration in buildings G2G +1. Dislike all the addon fees, does G2G have any? I think AirVoice is straight up $35.

I will wait and see how this all shakes out before panicking. I truly hope that they let PP operate basically as they do now. I only get good signal from Verizon at my house, so I really need a good Verizon choice. I do not hate Tracfone/AM like some others here, i just want to keep my 1200 TnT plan as it is, with my iPhone. If they decide to kick off iPhones, then I will have to look elsewhere.

Also, I have two other family members on the paygo plan, as they use very few minutes. I hope they keep the 120 day expiration for paygo.

One possible choice is Talk For Good, which also uses the Verizon network. I have my main phone on Page Plus, but I also have an android phone on TFG that I use mostly for data. I have been very happy with TFG and if the buyout of Page Plus causes any problems, I will probably port my PP phone to TFG.
I use too many minutes & I don't want any open ended billing. So TFG is out.

Talk For Good is too expensive at $70 for unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data. Good2Go is $50 and is GSM but I can live with it being that Verizon service has deteriorated in Orange County, California.

I will wait and see how this all shakes out before panicking. I truly hope that they let PP operate basically as they do now. I only get good signal from Verizon at my house, so I really need a good Verizon choice. I do not hate Tracfone/AM like some others here, i just want to keep my 1200 TnT plan as it is, with my iPhone. If they decide to kick off iPhones, then I will have to look elsewhere.

Also, I have two other family members on the paygo plan, as they use very few minutes. I hope they keep the 120 day expiration for paygo.

Hey rgg,

No panic here but nothing good has ever come out of America Movil. I'm a dealer but I don't make my living on Page Plus but I do feel for the other dealers that do. Can't imagine the hold times calling Page Plus after AM officially takes over.

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.33361/29.3594; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

honestly its to early to tell if its a bad thing.how often do people need to call customer service anyway.

Could you make a comparison between PP and TFG? I am thinking of porting to TFG.

For those considering TFG - beware of double-billing for incoming calls. For me it was never fixed and support stopped responding to my emails. I ported back to PP 2 (3?) weeks later.

For those considering TFG - beware of double-billing for incoming calls. For me it was never fixed and support stopped responding to my emails. I ported back to PP 2 (3?) weeks later.
Yes. What's the purpose of using prepaid if there can be surprises?

Could you make a comparison between PP and TFG? I am thinking of porting to TFG.

You can go to http://talkforgood.com and see if your usage would fit in with one of their plans.

One thing that I discovered a few days ago, is that I was not charged for roaming when I made a call in an area of Wisconsin that does not have Verizon coverage. My Page Plus phone ask me to double dial in that area, which would incurred a roaming charge, but my TFG phone let the call go through with no extra charge. Data did not work in that area though.

We have two phones on TFG and have never experienced double billing.

Back